A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:59:09 am
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 351615 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #540 on: May 27, 2021, 10:54:26 am »

Saw that on newson6.com yesterday. Must have been a hell of a ride crossing that many lanes of traffic without hitting another vehicle or person.

Really lucky.  According to the map, the coffee shop is on the SW corner of 14th & Utica.  Is the map incorrect?  I haven't been up that way recently.  I am thinking maybe the driver crossed 14th St rather than Utica after "exiting" the BA.
https://goo.gl/maps/SKFYMstKQfRiLHTW7

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #541 on: May 27, 2021, 10:57:31 am »

Saw that on newson6.com yesterday. Must have been a hell of a ride crossing that many lanes of traffic without hitting another vehicle or person.

No kidding. If the report he crossed Utica is accurate, he would have been westbound on the BA, crossed the wrong-way into eastbound BA, then 14th and then Utica.

https://goo.gl/maps/79zzeaQE319DMXSF9

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #542 on: May 27, 2021, 12:04:11 pm »

You can see the path he took. Crossed the eastbound lane, through the fence, through an Up With Trees sign, accross 14th (the access road), across Utica, then right into the coffee shot shipping container. Incredible how long that must have taken. That poor coffee shop seemed to already be having plubming issues with trucks there seemingly every week, and now this.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #543 on: May 27, 2021, 12:05:21 pm »

I saw this morning an Eskimo Joes sign going up on the Roosevelts building, the opposite side of the building. Also saw a sign that its a business-to-business marketing office for Eskimo Joes, with a huge sign going up this morning.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #544 on: May 27, 2021, 12:08:04 pm »

I took it that the driver was westbound on the BA before the bridge over Utica, went through the median across eastbound lanes, down the embankment, across 14th then both directions of Utica and possibly the median on Utica before hitting Cirque.

The attached Google Street View is just a guess and from 2018, but the main thing is there are no curbs, barriers, retaining walls, or anything to stop a vehicle from leaving the expressway and winding up on Utica.

https://goo.gl/maps/KHyYE7KHwPtRoaCL6
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #545 on: May 27, 2021, 12:15:41 pm »

I saw this morning an Eskimo Joes sign going up on the Roosevelts building, the opposite side of the building. Also saw a sign that its a business-to-business marketing office for Eskimo Joes, with a huge sign going up this morning.

Help my foggy memory, where is the Roosevelt Building?
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #546 on: May 27, 2021, 01:15:50 pm »

You can see the path he took. Crossed the eastbound lane, through the fence, through an Up With Trees sign, accross 14th (the access road), across Utica, then right into the coffee shot shipping container. Incredible how long that must have taken. That poor coffee shop seemed to already be having plubming issues with trucks there seemingly every week, and now this.

Have some pictures or a link?

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #547 on: May 27, 2021, 01:31:00 pm »

Found the story on KJRH, and while it doesn't show the path, it does show he moved the container about four feet.

https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/driver-crashes-into-tulsa-coffee-shop-wednesday-morning

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #548 on: May 27, 2021, 01:34:31 pm »

Oof... all that plumbing and other infrastructure that's going to have to be reset. That was a hell of a collision. Can't wait for autonomous cars!
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #549 on: May 27, 2021, 01:35:23 pm »

The building with Roosevelt's in it?

Separate thought. It's sad to me that Cherry St... which is one of Tulsa's "premier" streets, has so much dilapidation.  The burnt down Subway has been there for almost 2 years... same with the old Long John Silvers. I can't believe those haven't been dealt with.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #550 on: May 27, 2021, 02:00:18 pm »

Separate thought. It's sad to me that Cherry St... which is one of Tulsa's "premier" streets, has so much dilapidation.  The burnt down Subway has been there for almost 2 years... same with the old Long John Silvers. I can't believe those haven't been dealt with.

The Long John Silver building is for lease.  Wish someone could buy it and raze it, definitely a prime location.  I don't know what the plan for Subway is that's another prime spot next to the new apartments that have taken forever to finish, maybe they'll do something once that whole sidewalk has reopened.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #551 on: May 27, 2021, 02:11:03 pm »

Found the story on KJRH, and while it doesn't show the path, it does show he moved the container about four feet.

https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/driver-crashes-into-tulsa-coffee-shop-wednesday-morning

Man that is a hard hit. They hit the container hard enough to sheer the bolts to the slab AND move it four feet?
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #552 on: May 27, 2021, 05:02:52 pm »

Thanks.  That was a hard hit.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #553 on: May 27, 2021, 05:14:41 pm »

Can't wait for autonomous cars!

Can't wait to see what redundancy requirements become standard/mandated.  Really can't have a Blue Screen of Death become literal.

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #554 on: May 28, 2021, 06:27:45 am »

Man that is a hard hit. They hit the container hard enough to sheer the bolts to the slab AND move it four feet?

Clearly he had taken the Covid vaccine which magnetized his blood and he was pulled off the highway towards the steel container used for the Cirque Coffee shop. Possibly there were also Jewish space lasers involved.

Wait - sorry - I thought this was the TulsaQNow forum...  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org