A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:53:08 pm
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 351714 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #240 on: December 19, 2016, 04:51:38 pm »

Mi Cocina is good, but overpriced.  (IMHO)

Meh is probably not fair, it was fine. But twice the price of places that are a lot better than "fine".
saintnicster
« Reply #241 on: December 19, 2016, 06:57:52 pm »

Cherry Street does have a lot of chains, which kind of takes away from the general awesome vibe.  It looks great walking down the sidewalk but the Subway/Genghis Grill etc kills the buzz.

Somehow downtown has avoided that pitfall.  Hopefully they can keep it up.
There were 3 Subway sandwich restaurants inside the IDL, last I checked.  4 if you stretch to OSU-Tulsa
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #242 on: December 20, 2016, 08:52:44 am »

Cherry Street does have a lot of chains, which kind of takes away from the general awesome vibe.  It looks great walking down the sidewalk but the Subway/Genghis Grill etc kills the buzz.

Somehow downtown has avoided that pitfall.  Hopefully they can keep it up.

??

Downtown has chains....do you mean they just haven't overwhelmed the area visually, spiritually, etc??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #243 on: December 20, 2016, 09:00:28 am »

There were 3 Subway sandwich restaurants inside the IDL, last I checked.  4 if you stretch to OSU-Tulsa

Chain restaurants in IDL:
2 subways (not 3) 3 subways (forgot the new one by the ballpark)
1 Jimmy Johns
1 Einstein Bros
1 Arbys
1 Dominos
1 Mazzios
1 Napels Flatbread
1 Daily Grill (in Hyatt) (if this counts)
1 Coney Island (if this counts)
1 Spaghetti Warehouse
1 Starbucks (inside the Library)
1 All About Cafe
1 Rib Crib
1 Oklahoma Joes
1 McNellie's (There are now 4 McNellieses, it's in chain territory)

Almost a chain:  Yokozuna (there are now 3)
Not Chains:   Albert Gs, Mexicali, & Ti Amo (each have 1 other location)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 10:14:49 pm by BKDotCom » Logged
saintnicster
« Reply #244 on: December 20, 2016, 09:12:24 am »

Chains in IDL:
2 subways (not 3)
1 Jimmy Johns
1 Einstein Bros
1 Arbys
1 Dominos
1 Mazzios
1 Daily Grill (in Hyatt) (if this counts)
4th and Main (across from Billy's on the Square), 6th and Boulder (near the Holiday Inn), and GreenArch were what I was thinking.  GreenArch doesn't show up on GMaps, but is still listed on Subway's corporate site. I don't get downtown as often as I'd like these days to double-check this.

After I posted, I remembered about Dominos and Arbys. The point was more that Downtown isn't immune to chains yet, but that they do exist in the background.  With Cherry Street being condensed, the chains are a bit more obvious.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #245 on: December 20, 2016, 09:15:09 am »

4th and Main (across from Billy's on the Square), 6th and Boulder (near the Holiday Inn), and GreenArch were what I was thinking.  GreenArch doesn't show up on GMaps, but is still listed on Subway's corporate site. I don't get downtown as often as I'd like these days to double-check this.

I quickly realized my mistake and updated my list..   There used to be a "3rd" between city hall & the library..  it's been gone for several years leaving downtown with 2..   until the ballpark location opened.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #246 on: December 20, 2016, 10:38:55 am »

And that's ignoring the banks, sports places, hardware stores, and other locations that are actually all chains too...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #247 on: December 20, 2016, 02:02:57 pm »

Hurts Donut, too, right?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/food/hurts-donut-company-to-open-in-blue-dome-district-this/article_82c4e8f5-7ba0-5f43-ab82-1c53e56910aa.html
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #248 on: December 20, 2016, 07:38:55 pm »

Chain restaurants in IDL:

Not sure if All About Cha is considered to be a restaurant, but many food items are served there...

Starbucks* had a location on the second floor of the Atlas Life Building.  I don't know if it's still there.

* If Starbucks is a restaurant, then All About Cha probably is a restaurant, also.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #249 on: December 20, 2016, 10:06:12 pm »

Not sure if All About Cha is considered to be a restaurant...
Starbucks* had a location on the second floor of the Atlas Life Building.  I don't know if it's still there.

Added All About Cafe? to the list (I miss working downtown / keepin up with the changes)
Not an actual Starbucks...  "starbucks served here"
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 10:17:06 pm by BKDotCom » Logged
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #250 on: December 20, 2016, 11:46:03 pm »

Added All About Cafe? to the list (I miss working downtown / keepin up with the changes)

Yeah, I think Starbucks first real location downtown is the one at the Library.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #251 on: December 20, 2016, 11:55:14 pm »

I'm afraid they are above my price point.

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #252 on: December 21, 2016, 09:11:23 am »

It's typical in all respects except I heard that the library trust is the franchisee and the profits go towards the library.  It's a pretty cool deal I think.
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #253 on: December 21, 2016, 11:51:03 am »

I work downtown (a block from All About Cha) and live near enough to walk to work and anywhere else downtown.  Even so, it's difficult for me to keep up with the many changes downtown or in Midtown/Cherry Street.

The library might be the second real Starbucks location.  I remember an earlier Starbucks downtown.  It was a few years ago, in the space where Topeca at the Hyatt is now.  As I recall, Starbucks moved out in the spring of 2010, and Topeca opened at the same location in early 2011.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 11:57:17 am by Bamboo World » Logged
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #254 on: June 15, 2017, 03:10:18 pm »

The Pint is closing and will reopen as Main Street Tavern (which has locations in BA & Claremore)

Table Talk: The Pint on Cherry Street closes, acquired by BA restaurant owner
The Pint on Cherry Street, 1325 E. 15th St., has been acquired by the owner of Main Street Tavern in Broken Arrow, according to a post on The Pint’s Facebook page.

The Pint closed Wednesday and posted this message on Facebook:

“Thank you for your patronage over the last 3 years. The Pint on Cherry Street has been acquired by Main Street Tavern which will be opening in a few weeks at our location. Thank you for watching the games with us.”

Main Street Tavern owner Jason Scarpa, who also owns The Rooftop in Broken Arrow and a Main Street Tavern location in Claremore, was not immediately available for comment.

A Pint employee said she understood the site will become another Main Street Tavern location in possibly six to eight weeks.

The Pint opened in 2014, replacing White Owl in that location.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/scene/restaurants/table-talk-the-pint-on-cherry-street-closes-acquired-by/article_64c9b4a2-a723-505d-b8e1-074874ed5e9d.html
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org