A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:53:30 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 355100 times)
ZYX
Philanthropist

« on: February 08, 2011, 03:30:04 pm »

I live way out in Bixby, and don't get into downtown or midtown very often. I know there is a lot going in downtown, but I need somebody to fill me in on Cherry Street and the midtown area. Any updates on proposed or under construction projects would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 04:14:57 pm »

Someone has been there done that....Didn't work out to well.....

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 06:07:44 pm »

There's not much going on outside of a few small projects like newly renovated restaurants and retail stores.  There are the 1432 Trenton lofts going up, and there is a thread for that.  The Blue Rose is an interesting project and there is a thread for that; hopefully that leads to more interest/development in the Riverview area and along the riverfront.  TU has several new buildings going up, I'll have to take some pics next time I'm on campus and post an update.  I'd love to see more development in midtown, hopefully it picks up again.

Some projects I would like to see in midtown:

- Hotel/condo tower where the H&P headquarters used to be at 21st & Utica (this has been rumored since they moved their HQ to uptown and demolished that building)
- Additional development in Utica Square i.e. new stores and restaurants
- Condos at 21st & Main (this project seemingly died with the Recession, would be nice to see something go up on that empty lot)
- Phase II of Utica Place (the townhomes along Utica west of the tower)
- Redevelopment (new apartments/townhomes) in the area north of Veterans Park between Boulder and Boston
- Medical office building at 14th & Utica (again, empty lot..)
- Redevelopment of Lincoln Plaza parking lot at 15th & Peoria into mixed-use
- Construction of the townhouse project at 13th & Cheyenne
- Streetscape projects along 11th between downtown and TU, 6th between downtown and TU (and bike lanes), 15th through Cherry Street, Utica from 11th to 21st, and Peoria in Brookside from 36th to 41st
- Construction of the proposed Crow Creek hike/bike trail from the river to Zink Park through Brookside
- Redevelopment of the rundown apartment complexes overlooking the river around Riverside & Denver
- Redevelopment (new student housing above stores/restaurants) along the TU strip on 11th between Delaware and Harvard
- More academic buildings at TU including a new student union north of the library and a new sciences building on the parking lot at 6th & Delaware
- More urban infill developments in Brookside and Cherry Street
- Redevelopment of the apartments at 31st & Riverside along Crow Creek and development of the Blair property to the north (Kaiser Foundation projects-there's a thread about it somewhere)
- Bomasada development in Brookside - dead?  Again, vacant land in a desirable area
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 06:39:40 pm by SXSW » Logged

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 06:56:45 pm »

I would really love to see Cherry Street and Brookside become even more dense. I was hoping there would be more loft buildings similar to 1432 being built, but apparently not as of yet. Hopefully soon we will see more projects come on line. Thanks for the very detailed post SXSW.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 03:43:32 pm »

Anything about the Phoenix Cafe at 6th and Peoria?

I saw the signs in the window but was wondering if anyone knew the progress.

edit:  Well what the heck?...I thought I saw a sign in a window at that intersection but the location on FB says it will be DT across from the park.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 03:48:53 pm by Townsend » Logged
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 03:55:17 pm »

A new restaurant in downtown...? Smiley
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 03:56:25 pm »

Are you talking across from Centennial Green? If so, which building will it be in?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 04:01:33 pm »

Are you talking across from Centennial Green? If so, which building will it be in?

Well, their FB states "302 E 6th Street Tulsa" which places it at 6th and Detroit but it mentions Centennial Park which is on Peoria so I have a feeling I'm doing something wrong or someone else has.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 04:06:13 pm »

Google maps puts 302 E 6th close to that awful AT&T building. I think something is wrong in this system. I would love to see a new restaurant across from Centennial Green though, if that's where this is at...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 04:17:33 pm »

Well, their FB states "302 E 6th Street Tulsa" which places it at 6th and Detroit but it mentions Centennial Park which is on Peoria so I have a feeling I'm doing something wrong or someone else has.

They must mean Centennial Green, which is downtown on 6th by the CoC building.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 04:18:45 pm »

They must mean Centennial Green, which is downtown on 6th by the CoC building.

That's what I was hoping.
TulsaBound
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 04:44:29 pm »

I think its 1302 E 6th St. (per the Urban Tulsa 12.29.10 - linked below) which puts it at 6th and Peoria as apart of the Pearl District redevelopment.

This discussion had my hopes up that this was one of the first tenants of the Enterprise Building re-purposing (across from the Centennial Green) which would have made it a walkable lunchtime destination.

http://www.urbantulsa.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A34592
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 04:47:12 pm »

I think its 1302 E 6th St. (per the Urban Tulsa 12.29.10 - linked below) which puts it at 6th and Peoria as apart of the Pearl District redevelopment.

This discussion had my hopes up that this was one of the first tenants of the Enterprise Building re-purposing (across from the Centennial Green) which would have made it a walkable lunchtime destination.

http://www.urbantulsa.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A34592

Yeah, sorry.  I saw the window sign on the SE corner of 6th and Peoria.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 06:08:25 pm »

I would rather this be in the Pearl District, because I think this area has a ton of potential. Does anyone know if streetscaping has begun in this area, or when it should begin? I would love to see the Pearl District take off. I think this could be a turning point for the area.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 07:42:31 pm »

I would rather this be in the Pearl District, because I think this area has a ton of potential. Does anyone know if streetscaping has begun in this area, or when it should begin? I would love to see the Pearl District take off. I think this could be a turning point for the area.

Agree, not sure what the timetable is though.  As cool as it would be to have a canal run down 6th I would rather just see a streetscape so work can get started.  It would be great to see this streetscape extend all the way to Delaware.  2 lanes the whole way with wider sidewalks, street trees, new lighting, and bike lanes in each direction going from TU to downtown (ending at 7th/Houston).  The Pearl district does have a lot of potential but a lot of that hinges upon the flooding/stormwater issues addressed and the streetscape on 6th.  A streetscape on 11th would help the area too.  I have a thread about that in the Urban Planning subforum, and why I think it should be renamed.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org