A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:53:32 am
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 358546 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #690 on: July 01, 2023, 12:30:22 pm »

The old Subway shop on Cherry Street, which has stood abandoned since it was severely damaged in a fire in 2019, was recently leveled, leading to speculation that construction might soon begin on the Hatch Early Mood Food location, which has been rumored to be what will ultimately occupy that space.

Hatch Early Mood Food is one of the restaurants created by the Oklahoma City-based Provision Concepts, which also operates the Sidecar Barley & Wine Bar. Last year, the company opened both a Sidecar and a Hatch Early Mood Food in the top and ground floors, respectively, of the Village on Main, 161 S. Riverside Drive, in Jenks, as well as opening a Sidecar at the top level of the 1515 Lofts, 1515 E. 15th St.

Jeff Dixon, founder and CEO of Provision Concepts, said in an email, "We have been in discussions with the land owner of this site, but there have been no (letters of intent) or leases inked."

https://tulsaworld.com/life-entertainment/local/food-drink/cherry-street-subway-razed-hatch-early-mood-food-considered-at-site-for-new-location/article_61d1d466-15d7-11ee-8f8d-afba09c37591.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #691 on: July 01, 2023, 01:35:12 pm »

I remember going to see some movie as a kid and sitting in the balcony at the Delman.

http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/8848

It's been interesting watching the redevelopment of 15th even before I moved. Utica to Peoria they did a good job, Harvard to the BA looks to be coming along, Utica meh, Lewis just looks like crap.

Used to go there quite a bit to see movies when young.  There was a lingerie store next door, Massad's, and around the corner to north in same building was a small decrepit bar that became a biker bar over time.  One of those sawdust on the floor to soak up all the blood type bars.   (East of the intersection was another biker bar for a while called "Snakepit".  Lived up to its name!)

And the first house north of that strip center was an old, old house that has been torn down now, right about where My Dentist is now.  American Theater Company people rented it and lived there for a while.  Some great parties in a beautiful old house!   Also, one guy rented the little 'house' behind Starship for a while.  Maybe a 10'x10' living room.  Could get a lot of people in there for movie nights!

« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 01:41:51 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #692 on: July 07, 2023, 02:44:42 pm »

I noticed Foxy Tacos has closed on Cherry Street.  I never liked their food and thought it was a waste of space.  Great location and outdoor patio, interested to see what new concept goes in there.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #693 on: July 07, 2023, 11:01:02 pm »

That's unfortunate. I never made it to Foxy, mostly because they opened at the same time as Velvet and I went there. I heard most people didn't like them as much as velvet, so bad timing and location for them unfortunately. Probably would have been a big hit in most other places around town.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #694 on: July 10, 2023, 10:35:24 am »

That's unfortunate. I never made it to Foxy, mostly because they opened at the same time as Velvet and I went there. I heard most people didn't like them as much as velvet, so bad timing and location for them unfortunately. Probably would have been a big hit in most other places around town.

I didn't think it was very good and they never fully utilized the nice outdoor patio they have on the east side.  It could be one of the better patios in Tulsa with a better concept. 

1525 Cherry Street LLC is the building owner.  I wonder if that is entity owned by Chandler Hospitality?

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #695 on: July 10, 2023, 02:08:49 pm »

Foxy wasn't good and it took them forever to at least try to make the deck useful. Did the restaurant owners pay for the work on the deck? I always hated that they got rid of the center bar. I wasn't a fan of Full Moon's menu, but I liked that deck.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #696 on: July 11, 2023, 08:55:50 am »

That's unfortunate. I never made it to Foxy, mostly because they opened at the same time as Velvet and I went there.

I thought Foxy had been open at least a year before Velvet opened?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #697 on: July 11, 2023, 04:50:08 pm »

Anyone have any renderings of what will replace the demolished Subway at 15th & Rockford?  I've heard Hatch is still planned for the ground floor with office space above, not sure if that has changed.

Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #698 on: August 18, 2023, 11:26:42 am »

So, this building on the northeast corner of 15th and Troost just got torn down.  Does anybody know what might be in the works for that whole stretch along 15th from Troost to Utica? 
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #699 on: August 18, 2023, 11:35:59 am »

I think the frame shop finally sold too, so that entire lot will be open. If it's anything like what they're doing on the other side of the BA, you could probably fit 3-4 massive drive thru chain restaurants. Tulsans love massive drive thru chain restaurants, so that's my guess. Nobody will listen to calls for something better.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #700 on: August 18, 2023, 12:06:16 pm »

Tulsans love massive drive thru chain restaurants, so that's my guess.

Massive drive thru chain restaurants provide a vital service to the healthcare industry by serving food with excessive salt and saturated fats.

Grin

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #701 on: August 18, 2023, 02:24:34 pm »

I think the frame shop finally sold too, so that entire lot will be open. If it's anything like what they're doing on the other side of the BA, you could probably fit 3-4 massive drive thru chain restaurants. Tulsans love massive drive thru chain restaurants, so that's my guess. Nobody will listen to calls for something better.

Chris Bumgarner owns this entire block.  I've talked to him and the plan is to do a mixed-use development similar to Utica Place but with office and apartments along 15th and a hotel along 14th.  Cirque could move into the ground floor of the development or move their container to another location.  

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #702 on: August 19, 2023, 07:02:34 pm »

Chris Bumgarner owns this entire block.  I've talked to him and the plan is to do a mixed-use development similar to Utica Place but with office and apartments along 15th and a hotel along 14th.  Cirque could move into the ground floor of the development or move their container to another location.  

All gone now, nothing left.
I cant imagine anyone short of a crooked politician wanting salty chicken so bad...

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #703 on: August 19, 2023, 08:25:36 pm »

I cant imagine anyone short of a crooked politician wanting salty chicken so bad...

Uh... maybe most the population of the USA.

Sorry (well, maybe not really) for the attitude but I am sodium sensitive for my blood pressure.  I cannot understand the desire for excessive salt in everything other than being a relative to the salt monster in the original Star Trek series.

I understand moisture control in cooking etc but really, an entire day's worth of sodium in less than a serving of almost anything at almost any restaurant?

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #704 on: August 21, 2023, 05:22:08 am »

I'm personally hoping for a Walgreens to give the CVS some competition.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org