A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:41:27 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hunters are afraid of downtown Tulsa  (Read 10238 times)
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 02:01:27 pm »

His scheduling sucked as well....This show should have been in August.....

buckeye
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 02:18:20 pm »

Never heard a thing about this.

Last time I went to the Convention Center was for a show supposedly akin to an electronics flea market.  Utter waste of time and negatively colored my view of every subsequent show at that venue.  Looked like a low-budget, has-been, run-down dump that attracted lousy vendors.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 01:31:38 pm »

A tweet from the convention center:

Big Gun Show this weekend! Attendees parking in Civic Center Parkade, on 3rd Street, receive one voucher/ car for one discounted admission

Who's advertising these things?  Is anyone hearing about the events at the convention center?

Normally I'd see billboards/commercials/print about anything like this at the fair grounds.  Did I just miss this one?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 01:47:08 pm »

A tweet from the convention center:

Who's advertising these things?  Is anyone hearing about the events at the convention center?

Normally I'd see billboards/commercials/print about anything like this at the fair grounds.  Did I just miss this one?

Starbird car show is all I've heard about for this weekend.

Going slightly OT, but I notice the Spank in Bixby is promoting more events now that the Remy's are out of the picture.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 03:49:35 pm »

Starbird car show is all I've heard about for this weekend.

Going slightly OT, but I notice the Spank in Bixby is promoting more events now that the Remy's are out of the picture.

Event planning is easier when you pay the performers.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 09:32:54 pm »

Not sure what was going on, but blue dome was crawling at a bit before six tonight.  Hardly a parking spot to be found (I didn't feel like walking more than half a block). 
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 09:52:14 pm »

Oh, FYI, I found a post card for the gun show at my office this afternoon.  But my boss has more military power than some 3rd world nations, so that might explain it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org