A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:01:52 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is this editorialist on about?  (Read 3213 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: January 24, 2011, 10:45:30 am »

http://newsok.com/condition-volume-should-drive-road-improvement/article/3534867
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 10:51:43 am »

Same stuff we go on about.

It's the "they get, they get, they get...while we never get" issue.

That writer needs to look into how many free highways there are going in and out of OKC compared to Tulsa and how much money OKC gets for improvement from places like Tulsa.

Heck with 'im.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 11:07:29 am »

Where's Conan with his famous 'waahhhmbulance' comment.

Grin

OKC can ...well, most of you know my feelings about our capital city...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacks fan
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 11:18:02 am »

Oklahoma Department of Transportation figures show that the Tulsa area has only one section of roadway where the average daily traffic count is 100,000 or more. The Oklahoma City area has 12 segments with a six-figure average daily traffic count.

Yah think? If you have two cross country interstates meeting in one place of course you're going to get these types of numbers.

As for the money for the IDL improvements, that was long overdue, I knew that area was bad when I moved away from Tulsa and one look at it from google earth show the swiss cheese patches on all of the bridges.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 11:20:14 am by dbacks fan » Logged
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 11:18:37 am »

Tulsa>OKc.....

dbacks fan
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 11:22:42 am »

Same stuff we go on about.

It's the "they get, they get, they get...while we never get" issue.

That writer needs to look into how many free highways there are going in and out of OKC compared to Tulsa and how much money OKC gets for improvement from places like Tulsa.

Heck with 'im.

The goat ropers in OKC have been getting money for and building and replacing since the 70's.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 12:16:09 pm »

. . .but OKC just keeps getting uglier!

Perhaps if they have more money, nice roads, and a pro team somebody will date them.  Grin

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 02:34:27 pm »

I seriously doubt many from Tulsa would object to using traffic counts as a basis for the distribution of state highway funding - it would probably mean more funds for Tulsa and OKC, and a lot less for rural Okla.  This editorial reads like a predetermined gripe in search of a place to land.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org