A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:03:48 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Max Campbell Building on 11th and Columbia  (Read 4533 times)
we vs us
City Father

« on: November 14, 2008, 09:01:31 am »

Via a famous local blog, comes news that the Max Campbell building catty corner to Bama Pie has been sold and will be converted into a small hotel, event facility, and restaurant.  

As a guy who drives by that thing almost daily and who has harbored incredibly dirty fantasies of converting it into Something Urban and Awesome, this is fantastic news.  

Looks like I'm gonna have to spruce up my resume if they succeed in getting it redone.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 09:07:53 am »

Hmmm, very interesting. Good news indeed if it happens. I like that building as well.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
inteller
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 10:30:20 am »

quote:
Originally posted by we vs us

Via a famous local blog, comes news that the Max Campbell building catty corner to Bama Pie has been sold and will be converted into a small hotel, event facility, and restaurant.  

As a guy who drives by that thing almost daily and who has harbored incredibly dirty fantasies of converting it into Something Urban and Awesome, this is fantastic news.  

Looks like I'm gonna have to spruce up my resume if they succeed in getting it redone.

this would be the one with Burkhardt office supply sign on it?
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 11:01:19 am »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:
Originally posted by we vs us

this would be the one with Burkhardt office supply sign on it?

Dunno.  It usually houses Travis Meyer's Coats for Kids coat drop off.  Everything else looks empty.
waterboy
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 03:06:14 pm »

Yes, I think it was Burkharts. Part of the building was used for a paint & body shop for the old Wilkerson's dealership. I went to Wilson Jr. high and we often visited the building when it had a slot car business operating there. Glad to see it will be saved.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 10:29:14 pm »

That is the one bama pie said they were going to rehab it and use it for office/training but it never happened.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 11:50:06 am »

Anyone been by lately?  Apparently the Neon is up.

Was wondering how it looked.
dsjeffries
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 11:53:38 am »

It's being used for this year's Designer Showcase. Here's the website: http://www.tulsadesignershowcase.com/

Looks pretty cool!
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 01:21:36 pm »

Anyone been by lately?  Apparently the Neon is up.

Was wondering how it looked.
Yes, I noticed the sign was up when I drove by last night. A bit small for the scale of the building, but I liked it.

Aaand here's a crappy cellphone pic:

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 03:56:56 pm by nathanm » Logged

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 03:46:29 pm »

Yes, I noticed the sign was up when I drove by last night. A bit small for the scale of the building, but I liked it.

It's a great sign! I wish the ones put up downtown had the same vintage Tulsa vibe....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org