A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:46:34 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Catoosa Hills  (Read 14210 times)
In_Tulsa
« on: December 07, 2010, 08:15:23 am »

Looks like Warren Theaters might be coming to the metro. http://claremoreprogress.com/local/x1894466244/Decisions-on-Catoosa-TIF-district-E911-land-postponed
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 09:03:57 am »

Those are nice!  I've been to the one in OKC.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 12:55:22 pm »

Interesting location.  I was hoping it would go on the old Camelot site at I-44 & Peoria. 

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 01:57:40 pm »

Interesting location.  I was hoping it would go on the old Camelot site at I-44 & Peoria. 

QT would have to sell that location.  They still own the property as far as I know.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 02:01:02 pm »

QT would have to sell that location.  They still own the property as far as I know.

Last I read there was an attempt to market the property for multiple store fronts, QT included.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 02:17:45 pm »

Last I read there was an attempt to market the property for multiple store fronts, QT included.

Looking at the property records on the County Assessor site, it looks like QT sold 5.5 acres of that parcel to OCCU last year for close to $3 mil.  It appears they (QT) maintain the property on the SE corner of that whole lot, which only includes about 8500 sq ft.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 02:35:40 pm »

Looking at the property records on the County Assessor site, it looks like QT sold 5.5 acres of that parcel to OCCU last year for close to $3 mil.  It appears they (QT) maintain the property on the SE corner of that whole lot, which only includes about 8500 sq ft.

Then the attempt appears to have failed and I stand corrected.
bmuscotty
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 04:39:53 pm »

Catoosa Hills sounds like a cross town cousin to Tulsa Hills??

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 06:48:01 pm »

Does this mean that the Catoosa skyline will go from this:

____
       |    |
_______|    |_______

To this?

____
       |    |   ___
_______|    |__|   |____

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
bmuscotty
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 11:57:42 am »

AMC is adding an IMAX screen......

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=268&articleid=20101210_282_D3_CUTLIN213933&archive=yes

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 01:52:18 pm »

without being the full size, I can't consider this to be IMAX.  And I've got to ask... what does this have to do with Catoosa Hills?
bmuscotty
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 04:05:49 pm »

Looks like Warren Theaters might be coming to the metro.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 05:47:10 pm »

My bad, I just knew this thread was about catoosa, completly forgot what was coming to catoosa, and was being too lazy to scroll up and went on my assumption that it wasn't about a movie theater. 
bmuscotty
Civic Leader

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 08:30:29 pm »

My bad to. I asked above if it was related to Tulsa Hills. The article says "shopping center" which I missed.

LeGenDz
Activist

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 02:25:33 am »

This was supposed to have been decided on today after two prior delays. Haven't heard anything and can't find anything online. I'm guessing it didn't get passed?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org