A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:50:38 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Christmas Train  (Read 43891 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: December 06, 2010, 09:54:01 am »

I have 3 tickets for the Christmas Train that I need to sell.  They are two adult and one child.  $45.

If you have not done this with your family, It's well worth it.  They've made a whole Christmas village with all kinds of attractions, and you get to ride on a real steam locomotive. 

The tickets I have are for the December 18th 6pm boarding. 
http://www.christmastrain.com/

PM me if you are interested.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 10:05:47 am »

If only it was called "Holiday" train...

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 09:47:51 pm »

I have 3 tickets for the Christmas Train that I need to sell.  They are two adult and one child.  $45.

If you have not done this with your family, It's well worth it.  They've made a whole Christmas village with all kinds of attractions, and you get to ride on a real steam locomotive. 

The tickets I have are for the December 18th 6pm boarding. 
http://www.christmastrain.com/

PM me if you are interested.

I bowed out of interest after hearing about the PG-13 video they forced families to watch, and the fact the train doesn't go to the north pole anymore.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 10:05:46 pm »

I bowed out of interest after hearing about the PG-13 video they forced families to watch, and the fact the train doesn't go to the north pole anymore.

And it sounds like a dirty elf thing.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 10:16:19 pm »

, and you get to ride on a real steam locomotive. 

Might be worth putting up with the film if one could actually ride in the locomotive cab with the engineer but not for just a ride in a car behind the steam locomotive.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 10:20:54 pm »

Cult On The Move train is ok, but the REAL Christmas train is much better!  OKC to Ft Worth on the Heartland Flyer.  And they have a Santa Claus on Saturday, Dec 11.  It does cost a little bit more, but goes much further.  And get to see all the Christmas lights in every town along the way on the way back.

http://www.heartlandflyer.com/news-special-events/detail.aspx?id=72

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 01:09:29 pm »

one reason we didn't go again this year, they really shot themselves in the foot on that one, but I am sure there were many more unsuspecting people to take our place..it really was all hype though..the train was really lame ..love love love the heartland flier train!
TeeDub
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 04:25:38 pm »

Force you to watch?

Really?   Maybe you should invest in a CCW and I guarantee no one will "force" you to do anything.

They used to want you to stay and sing carols, but if you are obnoxious, they let you out (and half the rest of the train too once people see you escaping.)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 04:31:34 pm »

Force you to watch?

Really?   Maybe you should invest in a CCW and I guarantee no one will "force" you to do anything.

They used to want you to stay and sing carols, but if you are obnoxious, they let you out (and half the rest of the train too once people see you escaping.)

?
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 04:38:42 pm »

Force you to watch?

Obviously you've not been recently..I digress
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 09:37:31 pm »

Force you to watch?

Really?   Maybe you should invest in a CCW and I guarantee no one will "force" you to do anything.

Yes, they would have everyone depart the train and enter a theater. There families "got" to watch a movie talking about things like suicide and drug overdoses. It was in the paper that they later started allowing people to opt out, and put up warnings about the film.

Ho Ho Ho
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 10:07:26 am »

Sold.  Thank you!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2018, 12:55:03 pm »

Dry Gulch Christmas Train to depart Oklahoma

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/religion/church-on-the-move-sells-dry-gulch-christmas-train-moving/article_9e379806-e3b1-543c-89c4-2297e62c6bb1.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2018, 05:19:37 pm »

Cults come and go.  So do their amusement parks...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org