A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:43:59 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Oilers v Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs 2010.11.26 (photos)  (Read 4617 times)
les_stockton
Civic Leader

« on: November 28, 2010, 11:12:56 am »

It feels like the Curse of the Special Jersey continues.

Full photo set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/les_stockton/sets/72157625355002427/

20101126_213738_01_800x533 by Les_Stockton, on Flickr

20101126_205321_01_800x533 by Les_Stockton, on Flickr

20101126_203239_01_800x533 by Les_Stockton, on Flickr

Full photo set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/les_stockton/sets/72157625355002427/

-----
www.freewebs.com/stocktonunderground

www.twitter.com/les_stockton

http://www.flickr.com/people/les_stockton/

http://les-stockton.smugmug.com/

You do dat, you go to da box, you know, uh, two minutes by yourself, and you feel shame, you know, and then you get free. ~Denis Lemieux
bmuscotty
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 09:35:19 pm »

Are they playing any better? Last I saw they had only won 3 games so far this season.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 10:02:39 pm »

Are they playing any better? Last I saw they had only won 3 games so far this season.

Won three of their last four.  The affiliation is turning out to be a bit of a two-edged sword.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
bmuscotty
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 11:27:52 am »

Have not been to a game since they left the Convention Center. Got tired of going and them not win.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 02:42:29 pm »

Have not been to a game since they left the Convention Center. Got tired of going and them not win.

At least the option is there.  I'd rather support a team not doing so good than lose the team.  I'd rather see it not languish under the current owner though.

Last night's game was easily the most entertaining I've seen in a while.  We've won 4 of the last 5 and won last night on the heels of a 12 round shootout.  Fun stuff.  Tonight is 'Teddy Bear Toss' night, where after we score the first goal, teddy bears can be thrown onto the ice.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

bmuscotty
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 12:01:07 pm »

Don't get me wrong, I've been to a lot of games over the years. And I agree better to support them then not have them at all. Good for hockey fans and good for Tulsa. I had never been to a hockey game before until I went and saw the Oilers play when the CHL came back to town. I'll have to go so I can see what its like on regulation ice instead of a postage stamp. Will miss the confines of the CC tho... used to get pretty loud in there!!

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 12:56:11 pm »

Don't get me wrong, I've been to a lot of games over the years. And I agree better to support them then not have them at all. Good for hockey fans and good for Tulsa. I had never been to a hockey game before until I went and saw the Oilers play when the CHL came back to town. I'll have to go so I can see what its like on regulation ice instead of a postage stamp. Will miss the confines of the CC tho... used to get pretty loud in there!!

Attendance suffers during the HS Football season and during college football.  I'd like to see us average closer to 6000 a game.  But make no mistake.  5000 announced is NOT 5000 in the seats.  The club seats are always counted (that's 687 right there; on a good night 1/2 of those are filled) along with any season ticket purchased.  Doesn't matter if that season ticket holder showed up or not.  And Tulsa has proven that they won't support a loser.  That's totally understandable.  I've held season tickets now since 2000.  I bought the cheapest ones this season though.

Won again on Saturday in overtime; this team has now won 5 of its last 6 and is currently 8-12-1, much better than we were a month ago for sure.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 12:58:49 pm by Hoss » Logged

bmuscotty
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 11:03:04 am »

And I'm sure not playing OKC anymore will hurt them at the gate to. Those games were always good. I'm glad they are playing better. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they have a 12 round (or something like that) shootout victory a few days ago? Those are always exciting to watch. 

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 11:06:02 am »

And I'm sure not playing OKC anymore will hurt them at the gate to. Those games were always good. I'm glad they are playing better. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they have a 12 round (or something like that) shootout victory a few days ago? Those are always exciting to watch. 

Correct.

And we played the most recent CHL Champs last night and won again, 4-1.  Four in a row now (longest current winning streak in the league) and six of our last seven.

And actually, the OKC factor was over long ago.  Even when OKC was in the league the attendance was not much different, especially those last three or four seasons.

bmuscotty
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 08:10:58 pm »

Hope the affilation with Colorado lasts. Be cool if they came here and played a pre-season game next season. Wonder if would draw better than the Thunder...

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 08:50:32 pm »

Hope the affilation with Colorado lasts. Be cool if they came here and played a pre-season game next season. Wonder if would draw better than the Thunder...

If it were marketed right, I bet it would.  Get the Stars or even the Blues to make the trip and it might just for fan travel factor.  It sucks seeing the curtain drawn, even though we still are among the top five attendance (typically) in the league, it would be nice to see 17,000 people for a hockey game.

And I'm not sure how long the agreement with the Avs is for.  Once again the AHL affiliate called up our goaltender, but sofar we're now on a six game winning, winning eight of our last nine.  Next home games (for those interested) are as follows:

Tuesday 12/14 @ 7:05pm - vs Wichita Thunder
Sunday 12/19 @ 4:05pm - vs Odessa Jackalopes
Tuesday 12/21 @ 7:05pm - vs Texas Brahmas
Saturday 12/25 @ 7:35pm - vs Wichita Thunder
Tuesday 12/28 @ 7:05pm - vs Missouri Mavericks

For context, about this time last month, our record was 3-11-1

Now, with the recent streak , we are one game shy of .500 at 11-12-1.

bmuscotty
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 10:42:14 am »

Now, with the recent streak , we are one game shy of .500 at 11-12-1.

Thats great. On a roll now. Hope its lasts. And they moved out of last place. Didn't that goalie take a skate to the hand, go get it stitched up, came back in and finish the game? And won? Thats awsome. Ya I hate to see the curtain drawn at the Talons games. Is that player who came from OKC last season still with the Oilers? Standish? I remember him being a torn in our side playing against us.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 10:53:16 am »

Thats great. On a roll now. Hope its lasts. And they moved out of last place. Didn't that goalie take a skate to the hand, go get it stitched up, came back in and finish the game? And won? Thats awsome. Ya I hate to see the curtain drawn at the Talons games. Is that player who came from OKC last season still with the Oilers? Standish? I remember him being a torn in our side playing against us.

Tulsa is effectively the place where former Blazers (many) come to play.  Here's the lineup of former OKC players currently on the team:

8 - Marty Standish (A - alternate captain)
3 - Stacey Bauman (he was waived last month; haven't seen him get picked up by anyone else yet)
14 - Tyler Fleck (C - captain)
19 - Gordon Bell (placed on 30 day IR with a high ankle sprain I believe, but some are saying it's season ending)

And yes, Keserich (goalie) took a skate to the wrist, went back, got five stitches, came back after about 8 minutes of playing time and finished the game.  He's doing quite well as of late, and the entire team seems to be doing much better.  And Keserich isn't even the Avalanche prospect.  He played one game over the weekend (Trevor Cann) and got robbed out of a shutout.  Then they (Lake Erie) called him back up again.  Sigh.  Oh well, good to have two good goaltenders.  Finding backups is challenging now though.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:56:03 am by Hoss » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org