A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:30:30 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Voter registration  (Read 2971 times)
dbacks fan
« on: October 26, 2010, 09:35:30 pm »

Don't know if any of you caught wind of this, but a majority approved vote by the citizens of the state of Arizona was overturned by the Circus Court Of Appeals in San Fransisco, so that in the process to register to vote in the state does not require you to show proof of citizenship, and when you go to vote a rent reciept, utility bill, or paycheck stub is all that you need to show.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/election/azelections/articles/2010/10/26/20101026arizona-voiting-citizenship-law-ruling.html

Also, this was not a random election, it was voted on in the November 2004 Presidential Election. It was not a special ballot, or stuck in somewhere else.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 10:51:52 pm by dbacks fan » Logged
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 10:29:36 pm »

I saw on TV tonight that in some communities in the US, you don't even need to be a citizen of the US to vote.  Some are limited to school elections, others allow non-citizens to vote in more general elections.

dbacks fan
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 11:43:04 pm »

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/morning_call/2010/10/court-tosses-voter-id-rule.html
dbacks fan
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 12:23:44 am »

So, depending upon how federal law, is looked at compared state law, the federal will win out over state. So there is the potential, that state voting won't matter, and  if you show any form of residence, you are allowed to vote, for any issue.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 07:46:49 am »

Dback, you are wasting your breath.  One of the leftists will soon point out that the judicial system exists to allow one person's opinion to override the will of the majority of voters because the Constitution is set up for the minority to not be overrun by the majority  Roll Eyes

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Smokinokie
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 09:14:19 am »

Dback, you are wasting your breath.  One of the leftists will soon point out that the judicial system exists to allow one person's opinion to override the will of the majority of voters because the Constitution is set up for the minority to not be overrun by the majority  Roll Eyes

Actually, I agree that the will of the majority shouldn't over ride the rights of the individual. Just think of three wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 09:52:05 am »

Don't be a sheep.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
dbacks fan
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 09:55:57 am »

I know, I'm just frustrated that we have gotten to the point where people seem to think that they deserve something instead of earning it. I think I need a long vacation in New Zealand.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 10:17:24 am »

Actually, I agree that the will of the majority shouldn't over ride the rights of the individual. Just think of three wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

But isn't the will of the majority based on what those people believe their individual rights are?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 12:37:18 pm »

9th circuit appeals court for the western district - 14 out of 24 active judges are Republican nominees.  Go figure.  Same ones that ruled that GPS without warrant is perfectly fine.  Against all previous case law on the topic.  (What about personal liberty, privacy, etc??  Can you spell Patriot Act??)

Sandra Day O'Connor is also a temporary judge in that district.  Lawyers, what is that all about?  Are the temp judges hired through Express Personnel, or something??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
jamesrage
Philanthropist

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 11:57:49 am »

As much as the left circuit gets overturned you can almost guarantee that the supreme court is going to overturn this ruling.

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org