A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:51:53 pm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) One Place Tower  (Read 248329 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2011, 08:56:22 am »

Nice, that would make this new building around 200' tall, so taller than ONEOK and the Mayo hotel as a reference.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2011, 09:32:01 am »

Thanks . . . and no Hoss, I wasn't joshing.  Me likey tall buildings, and the taller the better. 
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2011, 10:06:01 am »

The prospects of this project keep getting more interesting.  Does the incorporation of parking into the tower mean that there will be no underground parking as originally planned?  Is this because of the underground utilities issue previously discussed?  I hope the parking is better incorporated into the building design than the Bank of America Tower - perhaps some added portals so cars can peek through without busting a hole in the brick.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2011, 10:37:50 am »

Just depends on the architecture.  Modern skyscrapers average 12'6" to 13' per floor, but the OKC Devon tower will be 50 stories and 850' (17'/floor).   

At 20 floors you're probably looking at a 250-300' tower, just depends on their design.  Pretty significant.

Keep in mind also that parking floors are typically shorter than office floors.  This apparently is going to have roughly five floors of parking at the base.

Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2011, 10:52:51 am »

Nice, that would make this new building around 200' tall, so taller than ONEOK and the Mayo hotel as a reference.

Your reference is flawed.  According to Emporis, the Mayo Hotel is 77 meters tall = 252.624 feet.

Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2011, 10:57:18 am »

If that's not a facetious question, then it's 52 exactly.

Correct.

52 stories, 667 feet.

Smiley
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2011, 11:01:24 am »

Your reference is flawed.  According to Emporis, the Mayo Hotel is 77 meters tall = 252.624 feet.

Ok, so about the same height as the Mayo Hotel as a reference.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2011, 11:45:49 am »

I heard just today from an architect familiar with the project that the Cimarex building will have a parking garage on the lower floors and will be a minimum of 20 stories.  They are still working on the design and will be releasing renderings to the media soon.  Construction will begin later this summer.

This could end up really changing the skyline if it's 20 stories or more.  One Tech has an impact from certain angles at 15 stories but is dwarfed by the BOK Tower next to it. 

When you say construction will begin later this summer, are you referring strictly to the Cimarex building?  Are we still expecting construction on the Northwestern Mutual building to begin this month (which I guess means this week)?

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2011, 11:59:01 am »

Correct.
52 stories, 667 feet.
Smiley

I was part of a tour of the place in the late 70s as part of a TU engineering class regarding power distribution and HVAC. We were allowed on the roof.  I cautiously looked over the short wall to the ground.  It's a L O N G way down.

TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2011, 12:08:25 pm »

I was part of a tour of the place in the late 70s as part of a TU engineering class regarding power distribution and HVAC. We were allowed on the roof.  I cautiously looked over the short wall to the ground.  It's a L O N G way down.

I don't have a fear of heights, but I don't know if I could've done that (looked over the edge). I always imagine a big gust of wind picking me up and pushing me over the wall. I have been on the roof of the Sun Building though, where there is no wall.

---Robert
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2011, 12:54:56 pm »

I've been up there several times.  It's probably not for anyone afraid of heights.

Here are some shots I took the last time I was up there (last December):

Straight down to the Williams Green - 667 feet:

View to the south:

One of the interesting things are the lightning rods that are stationed about every 5 feet all the way around the edge of the building.  Several of them have burnt and slightly melted tips from strikes. (Not this one):

Another interesting tidbit -- there are often bits and pieces of pidgons and other small birds "left over" from the large hawks that nest in the "BOK" sign on the south side of the building. 

(No photo on that one)  Smiley
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2011, 01:02:28 pm »

Nice pics!  Especially like the cfl bulb on the roof.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2011, 01:03:36 pm »

Jeff P, welcome aboard and thanks for sharing the info and photos.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2011, 01:09:21 pm »

Nice pics!  Especially like the cfl bulb on the roof.

Yeah - we replaced the old incandescents a few years ago.  One thing that surprised me when I went up there the first time was that those lights you see around the top of the building were just regular old 100-watt bulbs.

Now they're just regular old 23-watt CFL bulbs.  Smiley
dbacks fan
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2011, 01:10:58 pm »

I look at the picture of The Green, and all I can think of is the woman in 94 or 95 that did a swan dive out of the hotel. I was working on upgrading the data network for Vintage Petroleum and just heard this blood curdling scream come from one of the offices, the woman that worked in the office saw it happen.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org