A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:03:16 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 13th & Utica  (Read 1411 times)
SXSW
City Father

« on: July 17, 2023, 12:29:48 pm »

Ugh another car-oriented drive-through in midtown - this time it's Chick-Fil-A.  Hopefully there is still time to make them amend their site plan to bring the restaurant to the 13th & Utica intersection (SW corner) with the drive-through lanes south of it (where the site is several feet lower than Utica) and parking to the west along Terrace Dr

Board of Adjustment Meeting 7/19 1 pm

http://www.tulsaplanning.org/tmapc/cases/Z-7729.pdf

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2023, 01:14:00 pm »

Just awful, but the worst of it is they are including the western part of that huge open space which is currently RM-2. It needs to stay residential, in my opinion. Chick-Fil-A doesn't need that part of the lot, so it tells me they are looking at a larger suburban strip mall for that area. I'll never understand why the planning department makes a big deal of these big public meetings, small area plans, etc., when they never do a damn thing when it comes to preserving midtown as midtown. Anyone who wants to do anything commercial gets approved over objections. I'll voice opposition knowing its essentially pointless.
Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2023, 02:42:52 pm »

According to their application, the tract west of Troost is supposed to be a healthcare hospitality house to provide lodging for families and caregivers of inpatients at area hospitals.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2023, 03:30:34 pm »

According to their application, the tract west of Troost is supposed to be a healthcare hospitality house to provide lodging for families and caregivers of inpatients at area hospitals who ate too much fast food.

Grin

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2023, 07:13:42 am »

According to their application, the tract west of Troost is supposed to be a healthcare hospitality house to provide lodging for families and caregivers of inpatients at area hospitals.

Sounds like a Ronald McDonald House or something similar

This entire site was originally going to be a senior housing complex operated either by or in conjunction with the Lutheran Church.  They ended up selling the lots instead.  Too bad that seems like a better use of that land.

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2023, 10:10:36 am »

I didn't catch that, but I assume Hospitality House, which has a small apartment complex just east of Utica. That would be fine if designed correctly. Still, nothing about that corridor indicates that a Chick-fil-A which is enormously popular and 99% drive thru is a fit for that lot.

https://www.hhtulsa.org/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org