A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:07:18 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World Cup Football 2010  (Read 15225 times)
JeffM
Civic Leader

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2010, 12:59:03 pm »

raucous crowd watching the final at the Empire... armpit to armpit... lotsa young people who know the sport well...

Bring back the Tulsa Roughnecks!.... JeffM is now TulsaRufnex....  http://www.tulsaroughnecks.com
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2010, 05:43:55 am »

Thank god thats over with...Those retarded horns made it unbearable to watch with sound....

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2010, 08:10:29 am »

Thank god thats over with...Those retarded horns made it unbearable to watch with sound....

Funny thing is that the TOBC (Tulsa Oiler Booster Club which I was a part of for several years) started selling those around 2001 for the games after we saw how well the Topeka booster club was at selling them.  The Booster officers said 'those things will NEVER sell'.  We got our first gross (144 or whatever).  They sold out in 2 hours.  They kept selling them at a modest mark-up until the Oilers decided it would be better for them to sell them and barred the BC from doing so.

If used properly, they don't sound like buzzing.  I'm surprised half the crowds heads didn't explode from the constant 'horn-tooting'...LOL.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
thompson44
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2010, 01:34:02 pm »

The 2010 FIFA World Cup was the 19th FIFA World Cup, the world championship for men's national association football teams. It took place in South Africa from 11 June to 11 July 2010. The bidding process for hosting the tournament finals was open only to African nations; in 2004, the international football federation, FIFA, selected South Africa over Egypt and Morocco to become the first African nation to host the finals.
The matches were played in ten stadiums in nine host cities around the country, with the final played at the Soccer City stadium in South Africa's largest city, Johannesburg. Thirty-two teams were selected for participation via a worldwide qualification tournament that began in August 2007. In the first round of the tournament finals, the teams competed in round-robin groups of four teams for points, with the top two teams in each group proceeding. These sixteen teams advanced to the knockout stage, where three rounds of play decided which teams would participate in the final.
In the final, Spain, the European champions, defeated third-time finalists the Netherlands 1–0 after extra time, with Andrés Iniesta's goal in the 116th minute giving Spain their first world title, the first time that a European nation has won the tournament outside its home continent. Host nation South Africa, 2006 world champions Italy and 2006 runners-up France were eliminated in the first round of the tournament.
thompson44
Denver Divorce Attorney

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2010, 01:56:09 pm »

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2010, 12:25:12 pm »

I just found this today and wanted to post it for Roughneck fans.

http://tulsaroughnecks.com/Home_Page.php

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
JeffM
Civic Leader

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2010, 09:20:22 am »

Thanks, DB.
usrufnex@tulsaroughnecks.com here....  Grin
Trying to figure out the best way to take clips I have on DVD and transfer them to youtube.  

Cool stuff out there.... need to redo some of the old stuff and post a few new clips I got....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3cE9w82Bow[/youtube]

Bring back the Roughnecks!
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1256802

***In the meantime, TU men are #3 in this week's Soccer America Rankings, playing #1 Akron on Friday at their place, will be shown on Fox Soccer Channel...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 09:24:21 am by JeffM » Logged

Bring back the Tulsa Roughnecks!.... JeffM is now TulsaRufnex....  http://www.tulsaroughnecks.com
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2010, 11:00:54 am »

I love it. That brings back fun memories. The dreaded evil New York Cosmos. The best in the N.A.S.L.
I also liked seeing the Tulsa Tribune banner on the wall.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org