A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:55:43 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Grille on Riverwalk Phase II  (Read 41832 times)
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2010, 09:33:45 am »

A place that sells grilled pizzas called "The Pizza Shoppe Grille at Towne Centre"

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2010, 08:50:13 pm »

A place that sells grilled pizzas called "The Pizza Shoppe Grille at Towne Centre"

ROFL  Cheesy

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Native
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2010, 05:52:35 pm »

Went there last Friday night with my girlfriend and daughter. Promptly got seated by the hostess who happened to go to school with my daughter. The weather was nice so all the outdoor seating areas were taken. The inside was pretty full except for about 10-15 tables that were "reserved" near the music stage. So we sat in the back right in front of the bar. We sat there for nearly 30 minutes without a single waiter/waitress stopping to take a drink order. I know it's Friday and the establishment is new, but it doesn't take 5 seconds to at least stop and greet us. Not a single word was spoken to us and numerous waitress' walked right by us. We got up and went to Red Rock instead.
The place overall is very nice inside and out. They just need to work on some customer service. I do hope they succeed but they really need to work on this aspect of business.
Hawkins
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2010, 11:26:31 am »

^^Another bad review.  Sad

Maybe The Grille management doesn't understand how the Riverwalk works yet.

Monday thru Thursday, its like that obscure 80's movie, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Quiet_Earth_(film), a complete ghost-town. Maybe one or two people walking about. Like a scary Twilight Zone Episode of post-apocalypic desertion.

Friday and Saturday 7:00pm - 2:00am its a Michael Jackson concert. You have to make ALL your money during those 14 critical hours of the week. So they better staff-up and start doing it right, or all that pretty stuff is going to end up in the next History Channel Episode of "Life After People."

« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 11:32:11 am by Hawkins » Logged
Hawkins
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2010, 06:12:21 pm »

The Grille is no longer open on Mondays.

I did see a History Channel crew making the rounds over there today though. I think the van said, "Life After People."

Roll Eyes

dbacks fan
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2010, 09:27:19 pm »

^^Another bad review.  Sad

Maybe The Grille management doesn't understand how the Riverwalk works yet.

Monday thru Thursday, its like that obscure 80's movie, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Quiet_Earth_(film), a complete ghost-town. Maybe one or two people walking about. Like a scary Twilight Zone Episode of post-apocalypic desertion.

Friday and Saturday 7:00pm - 2:00am its a Michael Jackson concert. You have to make ALL your money during those 14 critical hours of the week. So they better staff-up and start doing it right, or all that pretty stuff is going to end up in the next History Channel Episode of "Life After People."

I don't believe it! Someone other than me that know's the movie "The Quiet Earth"
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 11:35:09 pm by dbacks fan » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2010, 10:30:06 pm »

Stone,
It wouldn't make it as an outlet mall, either.  Tulsa area just won't support that kind of place.

There was one in Broken Arrow years ago, that is now a Battle Creek church.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2010, 11:15:08 pm »

Stone,
It wouldn't make it as an outlet mall, either.  Tulsa area just won't support that kind of place.

There was the other one in stroud that sucked so bad it disappeared.
dbacks fan
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2010, 11:27:17 pm »

Stone,

Outlet Malls of America was a bad business model, and it was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The Tanger Mall in Stroud had a good start, but was still wrong place wrong time. There is an outlet mall in far north Phoenix http://www.outletsanthem.com/ that has been in business for about 15 years, and is still a big draw. It was a big draw before Del Webb built Anthem across the highway. You have to have the right stores. In the first 11 years that I lived in Phoenix, I bought alot of shoes just from the Nike, and espescially the Reebok Store, especially when you go to the Reebok store and you can get three pairs for the price of two, and spend $80.00 to buy two. An outlet mall would work in Tulsa and be a draw, if it catered to the average person. I don't mean that as an insult to Oklahomans, just a reallity.
dbacks fan
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2010, 11:28:54 pm »

There was the other one in stroud that sucked so bad it disappeared.

Yes the buildings got sucked up in 1999 by the tornado that started in Moore.
dbacks fan
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2010, 11:56:33 pm »

Tanger in Stroud had a problem within a year after it opened in the fact that it was approximately 50 miles from Tulsa, and 50 miles from OKC. By the time that you drove there and paid the gas, and paid the tolls on the Turner, your savings weren't that great. Depending on where you drove from, you would pay (at that time) $3.00 to $5.00 in gas, potentially $4.50 in tolls, and another 7% in tax. So there really wasn't a real savings.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2010, 12:50:22 am »

Outlet Malls of America was a bad business model, and it was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The Tanger Mall in Stroud had a good start, but was still wrong place wrong time. There is an outlet mall in far north Phoenix http://www.outletsanthem.com/ that has been in business for about 15 years, and is still a big draw. It was a big draw before Del Webb built Anthem across the highway. You have to have the right stores. In the first 11 years that I lived in Phoenix, I bought alot of shoes just from the Nike, and espescially the Reebok Store, especially when you go to the Reebok store and you can get three pairs for the price of two, and spend $80.00 to buy two. An outlet mall would work in Tulsa and be a draw, if it catered to the average person. I don't mean that as an insult to Oklahomans, just a reallity.

While being in the middle of OKC/TUL when gas was about $1 to $1.25/gal looked like a great business model, it's obvious that since Stanley Tanger collected the insurance check and decided to not rebuild that it wasn't that comfy of a living in Stroud.  However, they claim to continue to operate 30 some malls around the U.S.  I'm not sure what was wrong with this location other than it was an awkward on/off from the turnpike and if you simply needed to take a leak and walk the dog, you could do that at the rest stop a mile west in the middle of the 'pike.  It was more like a pit stop than the mall.  We also had a large explosion of retail around the Tulsa and OKC metros during that time as well which didn't help.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 01:12:05 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2010, 12:48:28 pm »

Another reason to get rid of turnpikes!!  Economic development!!  Jobs!!

It did well enough to stay in business, but not well enough to do it again.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2010, 01:24:12 pm »

Most successful outlet malls are either on the outskirts of large metropolitan cities or in heavy tourist destinations.  I'm pretty sure Stroud doesn't qualify as either.  I doubt Tulsa is large enough to support an outlet mall - probably why we don't have one.

As to The Grille on Riverwalk - is it really possible to support the rent for this large location with only 2 busy nights a week (especially during the winter months)?
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2010, 03:26:30 pm »

Both The Grille and the Midnighte Rodeoe have a very limited life span.  We went out there Saturday night and the RW was packed all the way to the theater, but there were only about 3 cars on the new side by the Grille and Rodeoe.  We drove by just to see if they were open and you could see employee noses pressed against the glass doors looking for customers.

There's no anchor on that side of the walk.  They don't have a chance.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org