A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:38:24 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Grille on Riverwalk Phase II  (Read 41504 times)
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2010, 07:31:53 pm »

Both The Grille and the Midnighte Rodeoe have a very limited life span.  We went out there Saturday night and the RW was packed all the way to the theater, but there were only about 3 cars on the new side by the Grille and Rodeoe.  We drove by just to see if they were open and you could see employee noses pressed against the glass doors looking for customers.

There's no anchor on that side of the walk.  They don't have a chance.

You are closer to the truth than you think, according to a reliable source that I know.  One of them will not see the New Years dawn. 

Trust but verify
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2010, 01:12:48 pm »

There was the other one in stroud that sucked so bad it disappeared.

LMAO wow..that just made me LOL -
dbacks fan
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2010, 01:49:13 pm »

You are closer to the truth than you think, according to a reliable source that I know.  One of them will not see the New Years dawn. 

I am going to place a bet on Midnight Rodeo. Just a hunch, but thats my guess.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 01:58:19 pm by dbacks fan » Logged
Hawkins
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2010, 05:57:45 pm »

I don't believe it! Someone other than me that know's the movie "The Quiet Earth"

LOL, yeah I'm a big Sci-Fi fan.

As for which one is about to close, I think it is The Grille.

The whole reason I started this thread was because I couldn't believe the investment I saw in such a bad location. If he would have just talked to me first, I could have saved that guy so much money and aggravation.

The Riverwalk destroys people. Los Cabos is the only anomaly. God Himself must have said, "Jim Blacketer, you have done many things in your life, and now is YOUR time. You shall succeed here" (and in fairness to Blacketer, the outdoor cabana by the River with music was a great concept, one that other's tried to repeat up and down the walk, to no avail).

But seriously, Los Cabos isn't even that great of a Mexican restaurant, IMO. And yet he hit a home run there, and continues to expand. EVERYONE else at the Riverwalk regrets their decision, and Cabos' success was the lure that drew them in.  

--

And I'm going to add that I found it quite amusing that Jerry Gordon made the news the other day for harassing the mayor's office about a Tulsa River Development contract or some garbage.

Putting Gordon in charge of something so large (based on his last failure in that area), or giving him a contract to begin such development, would be like promoting Hamid Karzai to emperor of China.

--

« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 06:08:19 pm by Hawkins » Logged
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2010, 08:53:20 pm »

The Riverwalk destroys people. Los Cabos is the only anomaly.
Gina and Guiseppe's is also good. As is Melting Pot, if you're into that sort of thing. Both seem to do good business, although probably not nearly what Los Cabos does. It's not their fault that the Oklahoma palate only accepts mexican, slabs of cow (mmm..steak), and fast food.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hawkins
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2010, 04:57:15 pm »

I think The Grille is officially closed. They haven't opened all week. Just drove by there about an hour ago. All the lights are off.

It's 4:55pm on Wednesday, December 22nd, and I'm calling it.

He's dead, Jim.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2010, 05:03:54 pm »

How long was it open.....

dbacks fan
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2010, 05:12:53 pm »

I think The Grille is officially closed. They haven't opened all week. Just drove by there about an hour ago. All the lights are off.

It's 4:55pm on Wednesday, December 22nd, and I'm calling it.

He's dead, Jim.

I looked at their web site and it said Tues. to Sun. 4:00 until 2:00, but then again a website can live past the end of a business. You may be right. I will await further news.
dbacks fan
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2010, 05:14:22 pm »

How long was it open.....

The time line in the tread shows it opening in mid to late August. Some one correct me if I'm wrong.
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2010, 06:10:55 pm »

we had planned a christmas party there for this past Sun night, only to show up at 630 and it was closed on Sundays.  So we went to Los Cabos.  For a sunday night, it was fairly busy.  Not a waiting list or anything, but the patio was full, as was probably 85% of the rest.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
dbacks fan
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2010, 06:28:46 pm »

For grins and giggles I called their number and it goes to a generic mailbox, "You have reached the voice mail box of 918-995-2834 please leave a message after the tone", sounds pretty terminal.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2010, 09:34:22 pm »

Just saw a movie at the Riverwalk... didn't even go out of my way to check on the status of the place. 

Q:  where's the grille?
A:  go to the end of the Riverwalk..... then go behind it and keep going..

can't believe it failed
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2010, 09:35:51 pm »

Did they not have a couple mill in the dirt alone......

dbacks fan
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2010, 10:11:05 pm »

I though this place from other peoples discussions that this place had the capital to help them survive, and they were part of Magoo's at Fontana? If it has closed, it's sad that it happened. Looking at some of the pics people have posted, you could drive by River Walk and not know what's there. Even the video on their website it did not seem that busy.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 12:37:23 am by dbacks fan » Logged
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2010, 08:56:02 am »

I had gone there once with some friends.  Well, almost.  We thought we would check it out.  Went inside and took a look at it, then turned around and left (after faking a look at the menue lol).  It looked like a large, western, dance floor/bar type space.  It was way to open and desolate feeling inside. To open to feel comfortable, and without many other people in there, we would have felt uncomfortable sitting at a table in that vast space. Was odd.  They needed to brake that large space up imo.   

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org