A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:00:26 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot does this have to do with county politics?  (Read 15070 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2010, 07:44:42 pm »

Red,
No more than you can stop supporting a corrupt government that takes a country to war on false pretenses.  Oh, wait, yes you can stop supporting a union.  Exercise that freedom of choice that everyone has and don't work there anymore.

But it ain't in Oklacoma, so you don't have to worry...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2010, 07:52:54 pm »

Red,
No more than you can stop supporting a corrupt government that takes a country to war on false pretenses.  Oh, wait, yes you can stop supporting a union.  Exercise that freedom of choice that everyone has and don't work there anymore.

But it ain't in Oklacoma, so you don't have to worry...

Well, I guess you could leave the country too if you wanted. 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2010, 08:13:59 pm »

Ah, the plaintive bleat again arises...

Yes, I suppose I could.  But this is my country.  I was born here.  Have family here, both recent and ancient (Half European invaders and half Native American) so I feel at least halfway entitled to stay - legitimately - since at least half of the family found this as an empty, unspoiled wilderness with no previous inhabitants to exterminate many millennium ago.  And who managed for at least 10,000 years to keep it relatively unmolested on any grand scale in terms of all the worst features of modern society.

As opposed to the most recent invader - from Australia, who not only has no legitimate history there - but one of conquest and again, extermination of the native population, and is most likely descended from criminal elements ejected from his home country of England.  You know who it is - Rupert Murdoch.

So, no, I think I will stick around, if for no other reason than to be an irritation to the RWRE that have co-opted so much of Oklahoma as well as the rest of the nation in recent decades.  The same ones who hijacked my families traditional church - the Southern Baptist Convention.

Watch out RWRE of America... rust never sleeps!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2010, 08:30:48 pm »

Ah, the plaintive bleat again arises...

Yes, I suppose I could.  But this is my country...... 

So where is this going?  I responded to Az's comment about church goers blindly following the message of their local pastor with a comment intending to show there are other organizations with similar influence.  I chose Unions as an obvious example. 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2010, 09:01:46 pm »

This thread is all over the map - heading in different directions at all times and all places.

My response was kind of a combined response to several statements.  There was a train of thought somewhere in there at one time that was derailed and went all over the map just like this thread has gone.  Doesn't really make any kind of sense as response to the combined set.  Will just have to keep all that in the archive, I guess, and trot it out some other time....

Oh, I know what happened... I wasn't drunk when I wrote it!!  Damn, I knew something was amok!  I suspect I am channeling Ernest Hemingway and always write better wasted.

History;
======================
Which is obviously different than other organizations, like Unions, "encouraging" their members to vote a certain way.
I think it's wrong on both sides.

We are discussing county politics.  Perhaps you believe unions have never tried to influence a county election.

Hmm, can you leave a church if you don't like the preachin'?

Hmm, can you quit the union (in a non-right to work state) without losing your income?  Can your dues go to support someone you don't support?
======================

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2010, 09:45:13 pm »

Oh, I know what happened... I wasn't drunk when I wrote it!!  Damn, I knew something was amok!  I suspect I am channeling Ernest Hemingway and always write better wasted.

I recommend that you have at least two drinks before posting anything.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2010, 09:51:06 pm »

I think I am going for at least 3.

Lunch tomorrow, huh?  Sounds interesting, but won't be in town.  May have to attend one of these things one of these days. 

JeffM
Civic Leader

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2010, 10:52:52 pm »

I think if I run for city office again, I will state I'm the only candidate willing to sign a pledge not to fund stem cell research, corporate bailouts or new wars.
  OMG, is that the little brother of Chuck Tackett?  His dad was choir director at Eastland Assembly of God a long time ago?  lol.

Bring back the Tulsa Roughnecks!.... JeffM is now TulsaRufnex....  http://www.tulsaroughnecks.com
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2010, 11:38:05 pm »

So where is this going?  I responded to Az's comment about church goers blindly following the message of their local pastor with a comment intending to show there are other organizations with similar influence.  I chose Unions as an obvious example. 
Are unions tax exempt?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2010, 07:02:49 am »

Are unions tax exempt?

I don't care if they are or are not.  Legal answer may be different.

Hawkins
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2010, 04:44:49 pm »

Obviously he's a tool and is shamelessly pandering to the ones who will show up in droves to vote for him because their pastors will tell them to. Qualifications clearly mean nothing.

Works in the business world too. Oklahomans are suckers for the Bible card.

RE: Inedible Pizza at 71st & Memorial.
bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2010, 09:03:52 pm »

Works in the business world too. Oklahomans are suckers for the Bible card.

RE: Inedible Pizza at 71st & Memorial.

I won't do business with anybody with a Jeebus fish in their logo.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org