A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:24:51 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot does this have to do with county politics?  (Read 15072 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 10:27:04 pm »

Inteller,
OKC??  You do realize that Jim Inhofe and Randy Brogdon are both from Tulsa area?

OKC, as bad as it is still has a ways to go before it gets that bad.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 10:36:39 pm »

Obviously he's a tool and is shamelessly pandering to the ones who will show up in droves to vote for him because their pastors will tell them to. Qualifications clearly mean nothing.

Which is obviously different than other organizations, like Unions, "encouraging" their members to vote a certain way.

I think it's wrong on both sides.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 10:43:33 pm »

All I was talking about was balancing a checkbook.  You've gone off on a tangent approaching 90 degrees.

Who's going off on the tangent?  I'm asking the question as it regards to Scott's initial post.

You remember?  This image?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacks fan
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 11:20:24 pm »

Who's going off on the tangent?  I'm asking the question as it regards to Scott's initial post.

It has no relation to being a county commisioner. It, as someone else said, panders to a belief even though the position has nothing to do with his agenda.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 07:19:58 am »

As I said, I was only commenting on the checkbook part.

You response to me and asking me to explain pro-life/choice has nothing to do with my comment although it is relevant to the thread.  At that level, I agree that pro-life/choice is irrelevant.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 07:23:15 am »

Inteller,
OKC??  You do realize that Jim Inhofe and Randy Brogdon are both from Tulsa area?
OKC, as bad as it is still has a ways to go before it gets that bad.

Jim Jones was from the Tulsa area.  Mike Synar was from Muskogee but (supposedly) represented parts of SE Tulsa and northern Bixby for a while.  Pretty bad.  Worse, in my opinion, than Inhofe.  I'll agree on Brogdon.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2010, 07:30:47 am »

"Hello Oklahoma, let's talk windows and cross burning.....er I mean siding"

Clever!

Generally the ichthys in a company logo is your first warning you are about to get royally reamed. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
azbadpuppy
Philanthropist

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2010, 10:08:24 am »

Which is obviously different than other organizations, like Unions, "encouraging" their members to vote a certain way.

I think it's wrong on both sides.

I never said it was different. I think it's pathetic no matter who is doing it.

Last I checked we weren't discussing unions here.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2010, 11:49:39 am »

Hmm, are unions taxed? Churches aren't...

Anyway, I would not vote for a person who uses the image of an infant in a cynical attempt to garner support. It's crass at best.

At least at the national level, it has some bearing on possible future votes, so might be forgivable. In this case, he's just trying to manipulate. It's the lowest form of advertising, and it's what you do when you have nothing of substance to talk about instead.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2010, 11:54:50 am »

I'm still trying to figure out how being a "Tea Party Conservative" is relevant to the county treasurer post either.  Ruth Hartje is really playing that angle up.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2010, 12:35:41 pm »

Ruth Hartje is really playing that angle up.

I agree.

As much as she has made that a definition of who she is, it now becomes a real measuring stick about the amount of influence the Tulsa County Tea Party has.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2010, 03:02:12 pm »

Last I checked we weren't discussing unions here.

We are discussing county politics.  Perhaps you believe unions have never tried to influence a county election.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2010, 03:07:26 pm »

Hmm, are unions taxed? Churches aren't...

Anyway, I would not vote for a person who uses the image of an infant in a cynical attempt to garner support. It's crass at best.

At least at the national level, it has some bearing on possible future votes, so might be forgivable. In this case, he's just trying to manipulate. It's the lowest form of advertising, and it's what you do when you have nothing of substance to talk about instead.

Hmm, can you leave a church if you don't like the preachin'?

Hmm, can you quit the union (in a non-right to work state) without losing your income?  Can your dues go to support someone you don't support?

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2010, 03:08:59 pm »

Clever!

Generally the ichthys in a company logo is your first warning you are about to get royally reamed. 

Sounds fishy to me.   Grin

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2010, 10:12:43 pm »

You must not know the same David Tackett I did...  

You can honestly say you would vote for him?   Really?

Same one.

And yes, I know what you're talking about.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org