A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:17:01 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Creek Turnpike roller coaster  (Read 18819 times)
dbacks fan
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2011, 12:44:45 pm »

Guess the time it takes him to look up the bridge rating ran over his alloted time at the library...

If you look at an areial photo of the WB 244/ SB 75 bridge it looks like swiss cheese that someone tried to fill in all the holes.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2011, 05:06:07 pm »

If you look at an areial photo of the WB 244/ SB 75 bridge it looks like swiss cheese that someone tried to fill in all the holes.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Tulsa,+Oklahoma&ll=36.143095,-96.005493&spn=0.00096,0.002528&t=h&z=20

Like this?  (see link)

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2011, 05:09:30 pm »

Yikes.  I used to drive this stretch of road everyday to work...(worked at 23rd and Jackson, so I exited at the 17th/Southwest Blvd exit).  I remember how bad it was then.  If I remember looking it up, it's the worse rated highway in the city limits, and definitely the worst rated along an interstate route.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacks fan
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2011, 05:33:56 pm »

Yep, that's it. And for perspective, compare the size of some of the repairs to the two tankers going across the bridge.
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2011, 08:34:30 am »

I am curious as to why the Creek and Kilpatrick expansions are happening before the Turner?

The Turner has been under constant repair for the 23 years that I have had a license. Tolls have gone up and up, traffic has increased, and you can count on 15% of your trip being 1 lane at any given time due to the constant repairs.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2011, 09:04:15 am »

I am curious as to why the Creek and Kilpatrick expansions are happening before the Turner?

The Turner has been under constant repair for the 23 years that I have had a license. Tolls have gone up and up, traffic has increased, and you can count on 15% of your trip being 1 lane at any given time due to the constant repairs.

Actually, other than the new Rte. 66 bridge spanning I-44 between Kellyville & Bristow, there's no current work going on and no lane closures.  Of course, that's this week...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2011, 08:18:48 pm »

Just wait a minute or two.  The idiots at the OTA will find something to tear up.

The Creek section is disgusting.  Rain didn't do that; idiots did that.  I have waited and hoped for dozens of years that the OTA would finally hire a Civil Engineer AND let him/her do their job.  Alas, it is not to be!  I shall pass on to that big turnpike in the sky before they actually become competent.  But then, it really IS all about the interest on those double tax exempt bonds for the buddies of high office holders, isn't it??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2011, 10:13:18 pm »

They have road work going on all over. They just finished that downtown I-244, 412, & Highway 75 mix master thing and now they are tearing up  the hwy 75 bridge just to build another bridge when there is nothing wrong with the current bridge. I-44 is a mess west of Sheridan.  Embarrassed

Are you for real??
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2011, 10:41:05 pm »

Are you for real??

For the love of Bill Cosby and his delicious pudding...do you really want an answer to that?
dbacks fan
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2011, 10:36:42 am »

Are you for real??

Walk away from that question, you risk serious headaches and indigestion, similar to drinking the water in Mexico.
bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2011, 12:45:42 am »

That stupid bridge is of the same design as the I-35 bridge in Minneapolis that collapsed several years ago.  It's rating is lower than that bridge received just before it collapsed.  Those facts helped ODOT, INCOG, City of Tulsa & the Tulsa Chamber to lobby for the federal funds to replace it.

There are no deck truss bridges in Tulsa.  The closest one is on I-44 near the Missouri line.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2011, 01:14:03 am »

There are no deck truss bridges in Tulsa.  The closest one is on I-44 near the Missouri line.

M'kay, that's a weird bump

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org