A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:22:43 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sproutz on Harvard  (Read 73040 times)
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 11:37:28 am »

Just tried Sproutz today, and I agree with all the positive remarks. I had the hummus and feta wrap - it was delicious. I will definitely be a repeat customer, especially since it's so close to my work.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 04:07:01 pm »

Here is a  review by Brian over at Tulsa Food Blog.   http://www.tulsafoodblog.com/brunch/sproutz-restaurant-tulsa

I haven't had the pleasure of a pleasure dog but it just became very very high on my list of next's.   

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Gold
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2010, 08:53:52 am »

It's awesome.  I tried a couple of different things with my group -- the motza ball soup was very good, the rib sandwich is great, and the Italian sandwich was also tasty.  I even liked the Neiman Marcus iced tea and I usually hate flavored teas.  This place is going to be around awhile.
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2010, 12:52:28 pm »

This place is going to be around awhile.

Never ever say this, its almost a guarantee that it will close.

On a more positive note I look forward to trying it tomorrow when Shanna gets back in town.

Thank you,
Robert Town
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 08:30:19 am »

I noticed Sproutz has been closed for a week or so.  Anyone know what is  going on?
stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 02:36:33 pm »

I noticed Sproutz has been closed for a week or so.  Anyone know what is  going on?

I will be curious to hear what is up.  The few times I have been the place has been packed. 

GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 06:50:43 pm »

It is not unusual for locally owned restaurants to close during the fair.   Their business usually falls off drastically so it is a good time for them to go to Disney World.     Grin

Trust but verify
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2010, 09:41:32 am »

I have it from a good source that F&M Bank has taken it over and will reopen it with their corporate chef...they will try to get it back in the black so that it can be sold and they can maybe sell it to a new proprietor. Not sure when it will reopen.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2010, 01:36:56 pm »

Never made it there but wish I had.

Good sandwich joints just don't survive here, do they? And the ones that do are only open for lunch/closed on Sundays.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2010, 05:42:09 pm »

I bet there food cost were out of sight......Looked to be over-staffed.....Not to mention they had trouble answering the phone....

jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2010, 09:26:25 pm »

Facebookz says they'll be open on Tuesday.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 06:58:58 pm »

Facebookz says they'll be open on Tuesday.

And indeed they were open.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 01:27:05 pm »

Any one tried Sproutz since it reopened?
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2010, 02:27:06 pm »

Any one tried Sproutz since it reopened?

Yup...Its good....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2010, 02:40:58 pm »

That seems like an unusual step for a bank to take to step in and re-open a restaurant.  Usually they simply liquidate everything.  I'm sorry to hear this apparently didn't work out for the Ellers.  Don had some success in the restaurant business previously.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org