A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:45:17 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sproutz on Harvard  (Read 73423 times)
joiei
City Father

« on: April 28, 2010, 09:15:34 am »

After having been to Sproutz on Harvard in the strip center where Steve's Sundries is, I can suggest that you go check out what Madeline Eller and her dad are putting out.    If you like homemade pastrami and corned beef that is tender and juicy and  the best Lobster Rolls in Tulsa, probably the only lobster rolls in Tulsa, then you need to get on down there.   They are also doing a brunch on Sundays that is more food than one person can eat.   The homemade breakfast sausage is real good.   

The menu is mostly salads, sandwiches and wraps.   And the quality is worth it.    The kitchen area is along one wall and the other side of the room is tables with comfortable chairs,  not those too cutsey modern things that only have room for skinny butts.   

I am now thinking I will have a pastrami for lunch.   yum. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 09:30:11 am »

After having been to Sproutz on Harvard in the strip center where Steve's Sundries is, I can suggest that you go check out what Madeline Eller and her dad are putting out.    If you like homemade pastrami and corned beef that is tender and juicy and  the best Lobster Rolls in Tulsa, probably the only lobster rolls in Tulsa, then you need to get on down there.   They are also doing a brunch on Sundays that is more food than one person can eat.   The homemade breakfast sausage is real good.   

The menu is mostly salads, sandwiches and wraps.   And the quality is worth it.    The kitchen area is along one wall and the other side of the room is tables with comfortable chairs,  not those too cutsey modern things that only have room for skinny butts.   

I am now thinking I will have a pastrami for lunch.   yum. 

I had no idea this was an Eller venture.  For those that's not registering with- Monte's Chop House.  Well worth checking out.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ihearttacos
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 10:08:41 am »

Been twice since it is so close to my house and they have a drive thru window - though I would probably call ahead as it isn't a greasy fast food chain with ready made fries and burgers.  Muffin was great, wrap was good and I am excited to try stuff in their market case.  They are also selling USDA prime steaks, I hope their market case grows with good business as I saw lots of room to expand the selection.  Excited to see them prosper!
Bones013
Citizen

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 10:30:09 am »

Their website: http://www.sproutztulsa.com/
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 01:56:32 pm »

I'm there!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 03:28:18 pm »

Went for a late lunch, and for once left my phone in the car so no pics.  Knowing the owner's penchant for great beef and pork, I tried the short rib sandwich w/ AuJus, at least 1/2 pound of beef.  $8.50 with a bag of Lays and a pickle spear.

The place is very well done.  Just a guess, but I think it's a template for either chain or franchise based on the design, logo, easy repeatability for the menu and a few other things.  My only criticism would be the room is a bit narrow and seating is limited so I'd go early or late for lunch, though they are well staffed.  I went about 1:45.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 01:31:33 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 04:25:08 pm »

I am definitely going to have to try this out..

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 11:26:35 am »

Tried it out on Saturday and was very pleased.  I had the short rib sandwich and it  was fantastic.  My wife had the pastrami.  It was sliced thick (unusual for Tulsa) and very tasty.  Not sure if they make their own.  I prefer a more peppery crust, but it had very good flavor. 

The cookies all looked delicious, but I failed to save room (perhaps draining the last of the aus jus like it was a shot did me in). 

This is definitely a new place on my list of spots to frequent.
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 01:19:04 pm »

Tried it out on Saturday and was very pleased.  I had the short rib sandwich and it  was fantastic.  My wife had the pastrami.  It was sliced thick (unusual for Tulsa) and very tasty.  Not sure if they make their own.  I prefer a more peppery crust, but it had very good flavor. 

The cookies all looked delicious, but I failed to save room (perhaps draining the last of the aus jus like it was a shot did me in). 

This is definitely a new place on my list of spots to frequent.

+1 on that Rib tip sandwich, WOW!  That was amazing.  I live in the neighborhood and and been through for coffee a couple of times.  Stopped in to eat Saturday on my way back from Mayfest.  My first thought was that it was a bit pricey for sandwiches, but once I got that pile of rib meat and dipped it, I knew immediately it was gonna be a new regular.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 01:42:14 pm »

Any reports on the lobster roll?
stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 03:16:05 pm »

I tried a wrap on Friday and really enjoyed it.  And I brought some cookies back for the office.  I am excited to try one of the specialty sandwiches on my next visit.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 08:51:35 pm »

Went for a late lunch, and for once left my phone in the car so no pics.  Knowing the owner's penchant for great beef and pork, I tried the short rib sandwich w/ AuJus, at least 1/2 pound of beef.  $8.50 with a bag of Lays and a pickle spear.

The place is very well done.  Just a guess, but I think it's a template for either chain or franchise based on the design, logo, easy repeatability for the menu and a few other things.  My only criticism would be the room is a bit narrow and seating is limited so I'd go early or late for lunch, though they are well staffed.  I went about 1:45.

It is a Frnachise.....

joiei
City Father

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 08:36:19 am »

Any reports on the lobster roll?

I have devoured a couple of them now and will probably go for another one for lunch today.   

joiei
City Father

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 08:41:17 am »

It is a Frnachise.....
Don't think so.   Nothing turns up on a google search about a chain.   

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 10:54:09 am »

Dude needs to quit letting his dog roam around the neighborhood. I nearly hit it when it ran out in the road some days back.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org