A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:11:06 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Main Street is open!  (Read 5454 times)
AVERAGE JOE
« on: March 10, 2005, 08:50:15 pm »

Just got home from a trip downtown and... Main Street is open to vehicular traffic!

I think it looks great. The fountain at Barlett Square is both simple and striking. It's lit up at night very elegantly IMO. You can see it clearly as far south as 8th Street... even almost to 9th!

The only portion that isn't open is the leg of 5th Street between Main and Boulder (because of the sidewalk in front of the Mayo Building). However, 5th is open between Main and Boston.

btw, has anyone noticed the frame shop that opened up in the 300 block of the east side of Main? I hadn't seen it before. Nice to see retail back on Main...

I'm curious to hear what you all think about it once you have a chance to drive on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org