A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:19:06 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mayor/Council running dog fight  (Read 3350 times)
shadows
City Father

« on: April 21, 2010, 05:52:37 pm »

During the public meeting where at some the totlal attendence could be counted on ones fingers where it was emphized that the change of charter which was called an admendment was to be a strong mayor weak council city government.  It was repeated that the Mayor was to be to the city liken to a city manager and the council would be a weak council who was to be elected by districts to represent those patrons.  Council was to meet at least twice a month.  It was to approve the budget submitted by the city manager.   It was to approve or disapprove the actions of the city manager.  Council could invisgate the operations of the city through the city manager.  Council did not keep minutes of its first meeting untill someone ask for a copy and then they were written up by memory.  

Now the weak system the voters voted for overwhelming is being challenged in a runing fight between the city manager and council authority to become a strong council sharing authority with the strong mayor.

The charter amendments were patterned after that of Albuquerque NM.

Under flawed threats the change was made and more continue today.

Can you see the emprovements in the charter change?

Are you in favor of changes again?

« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 06:04:36 pm by shadows » Logged

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 06:41:30 pm »

What......?

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 06:46:39 pm »

I translated....

Podczas publicznych spotkań, na których na niektórych z totlal co tendence mogłyby być zaliczane na te palcami where it was emphized że zmiana karty, które było nazywane admendment miała być silnym burmistrz słabych rady miasta rządu. Było powtórzyć, że miał być burmistrz miasta do komuż w mieście manager i rady byłoby słabym rady, który miał być wybrany do ich reprezentowania przez dzielnice mogą. Radę było spotykają się przynajmniej dwa razy w miesiącu. Została ona do zatwierdzenia budżetu przedłożonego przez centrum kierownika. Została ona na zatwierdzenie lub odmówić zatwierdzenia takiego te działania w ramach centrum kierownika. Rada może invisgate operacjami miasta przez dyrektora centrum. Rada nie prowadzą minut od swojego pierwszego posiedzenia do kogoś zwrócić się z prośbą o kopię i następnie one były napisane aż przez pamięć.

Obecnie jest to system głosujących opowiedziała słaby dla zdecydowanej jest obecnie kwestionowane w runing walkę między centrum manager i rady organ stać się ważnym rady podziału władzy z silnymi burmistrz.

Karta poprawki zostały wzorach po Albuquerque NM.

Pod wadliwe zagrożenia, na jakie zmiany dokonano i bardziej nadal dzisiaj.

Czy można zobaczyć emprovements w karcie zmiany?

Czy jest Pan w głosie zmian ponownie

waterboy
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 07:15:05 pm »

That's funny. But yes, I would like to see the Mayor replaced with a real city manager and the council districts remapped every decade to reflect population/demographic changes. The city has changed. We need professional management with a council that the manager reports to. I am tired of executive mayors who think they are emperors and tired of their political handlers.

Doesn't seem to much to ask.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 04:18:51 pm »

I translated....

Podczas publicznych spotkań, na których na niektórych z totlal co tendence mogłyby być zaliczane na te palcami where it was emphized że zmiana karty, które było nazywane admendment miała być silnym burmistrz słabych rady miasta rządu. Było powtórzyć, że miał być burmistrz miasta do komuż w mieście manager i rady byłoby słabym rady, który miał być wybrany do ich reprezentowania przez dzielnice mogą. Radę było spotykają się przynajmniej dwa razy w miesiącu. Została ona do zatwierdzenia budżetu przedłożonego przez centrum kierownika. Została ona na zatwierdzenie lub odmówić zatwierdzenia takiego te działania w ramach centrum kierownika. Rada może invisgate operacjami miasta przez dyrektora centrum. Rada nie prowadzą minut od swojego pierwszego posiedzenia do kogoś zwrócić się z prośbą o kopię i następnie one były napisane aż przez pamięć.

Obecnie jest to system głosujących opowiedziała słaby dla zdecydowanej jest obecnie kwestionowane w runing walkę między centrum manager i rady organ stać się ważnym rady podziału władzy z silnymi burmistrz.

Karta poprawki zostały wzorach po Albuquerque NM.

Pod wadliwe zagrożenia, na jakie zmiany dokonano i bardziej nadal dzisiaj.

Czy można zobaczyć emprovements w karcie zmiany?

Czy jest Pan w głosie zmian ponownie
The above post is a well documented explanation of the changing of the  charter.  The charter change vote was designed to not specify only parts to be amended but was a vote to change the entire charter by a single of yes or no passed by the commission, which a copy was obtained under the open records, included such items as if the voters wanted to change the entire charter to a weak representative group that was to represent the taxpayers and install a mayor and sixteen selected advisors with unlimited powers, replacing a shadowy republic form of government. Now we have come face to face where the mayor is exercising the returning of city government of its purpose in face of the old “that is how we have done it”, into a new dawn exercising the powers that were hidden in the changing of the charter.  Being the chief administrator with his sixteen members of his court, he has addressed such as providing a police department, giving him the sole authority to hire or dismiss without just cause.   The “no further negotiations” the FOP, in face of the  mayor’s granted authority to dismiss one or replace all, now includes “lets talk”.  The FOP has limitations under the Labor codes but they were to included an illegal clause on take home cars. By the same granted authority the mayor, in exercising the powers granted by charter, has reduced the numbers of city workers and salaries in further making a more efficient compromise between the taxpayer and city government.

The above post is well written to coincide with the builders of the Tower of Babel that was to reach into the heaven when the speech each was no more than babbling to any of the other builders and not understood .  Many of the builders of the Tulsa tower likewise do not understand the speaker or what they are told to vote for.

The quoted poster above establishes in his excellent post, to bring confusion further to the locked in process of confusion that has a long history in city elections.

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
deeray
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 11:22:02 am »

It is time the city seriously looked at changing our  form of government to a council and City manager. We never know what the Mayors' office will do or stonewall.     
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 11:23:31 am »

It is time the city seriously looked at changing our  form of government to a council and City manager. We never know what the Mayors' office will do or stonewall.     

HERE HERE!

waterboy
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 03:17:10 pm »

Wait a minute. Isn't that what I just posted? Do you have me on ignore or sumpin'?
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 03:41:18 pm »

Extra Extra   read all about it....worldwide even! (double post....deservedly so)

My favorite part of the article: " Firefighters accepted a similar deal. "They felt it was more important at this point to protect the city and keep everyone employed," says Stan May, president of the firefighters' union. But police called the mayor's offer extortion and accused him of union-busting. Members overwhelmingly rejected the deal."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704508904575192351090107196.html

"The debate will come to a head next month when the city council sets a budget for next fiscal year. Officers are in no mood to reconsider wage or benefit cuts. They say they're hoping a public outcry will force the council to bring more officers on board."

« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 03:46:43 pm by fotd » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org