A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:06:09 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fat guys burgers????  (Read 52285 times)
mobboss
Activist

« on: April 04, 2010, 05:28:17 pm »

anyone go over the ''soft opening'' weekend?

joiei
City Father

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 08:58:38 am »

anyone go over the ''soft opening'' weekend?
Never heard of it,  where is it and I will go. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 10:19:45 am »

It's in greenwood. dsjeffries took pictures of the inside. Supposed to open this week was all I knew.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dscott28604/4413968765/
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 11:20:57 am »

Their facebook page, short on actual information, makes it appear they're now open.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tulsa-OK/Fat-Guys-Burger-Bar/107269035966212

As for hours, who knows? Is there anything more worthless than saying a business is open until "close"?

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 12:00:17 pm »

I am working until I'm not.
mobboss
Activist

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 10:07:41 am »

fat guys is on greenwood ave, at the new ballpark entrance, i know they will open everyday at 11 and stay openlate on drillers game nights.i went earlier this week and had a tasty double meat burger with blue cheese and a tea for just over $8, a good value.  4-5 flat panel tv's to watch games, tap beer ( i saw a guiness and blvd tap handle) an ice cream dipper well and some other menu options besides burgers.

OSU
Activist

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 05:53:27 pm »

Just got back from Fat Guy's and it is very very tasty, had the double bacon cheeseburger and it was great. They have quite a few toppings for you to add to your burger, I personally got some jalapenos grill into my burger. Fries were awesome as well and they had ~10 dipping sauces to choose from to go along with your fries. Owner also told me they are going to have a "Challenge" item and he showed me a burger bun roughly the size of a large dinner plate... Shocked. Overall great place with a real cool feel, should be great on game nights and really any summer night with the patio seating. I'm pretty crap at reviews...just suffice it to say I'll be back.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 08:26:25 am »

Great little place.  Very comfortable.

The dinner challenge will be to eat the burger on that huge bun and fries in an hour.

You get it free, a tshirt, and your drawn portrait in a place of fat honor.  Or you pay $34 I believe is what he said.

They have two Marshall's on tap...Eric, you really need to rename it "Marshall's Pub Ale" or we're never getting it carried any other places in this town.

Guinness in it's own box at about 40F.  Stephanie, the bartender was smilie.

20oz pours and the prices are very reasonable.

They've got ice cream in the counter and offer fresh made shakes for the kids.

Today they'll be setting up 3 more beer bars outside in the big breezeway.

Both partners were there talking up the customers. 

If more places like that open in the area, Greenwood will be a favorite spot for me.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 10:21:01 am »

Sounds like my kind of place. Do they have a closing time? All I can find on here and on their website is 11am-???, which always ends up meaning "we close five minutes before you arrive."

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 10:30:03 am »

Sounds like my kind of place. Do they have a closing time? All I can find on here and on their website is 11am-???, which always ends up meaning "we close five minutes before you arrive."

We were told 10PM on normal nights but will stay open until 2am if business calls for it.
EricP
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 02:49:12 pm »

Had this last week for lunch, was pretty friggin tasty.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 03:37:32 pm »

I hate their logo graphic.  The fat guy reminds me of a Scooby-Doo villain.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ihearttacos
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 10:24:56 am »

Tasty burgers and fries they have outdoor covered seating...perfect for warm rainy days ahead when you want a cold beer.  They have lots of dipping sauces and a crazy selection of burger condiments too, so it never has to be just a typical burger...
OSU
Activist

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 11:42:48 am »

Went there for the third time the other night...had a bacon burger with jalapenos and pineapple, it was really good. I love that place. I also love the fact that new stuff is cropping up downtown.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 11:48:18 am »

This isn't right.  I've been working to improve my diet and lead a healthier lifestyle, but I have a weakness for burgers, especially good ones.  And what do you folks do?  Go and keep posting about burger places and saying how good they are.  It's making it really hard to stay on the health path.  Oh well, I guess a few more sit-ups won't be so bad.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org