A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:36:29 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oral Roberts passes away  (Read 6787 times)
FOTD
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2009, 04:19:59 pm »

The Atlantic?  Isn't that the rag that mega-conservative Andrew Sullivan writes for?  That article is really reaching or just a reach-around.

Let's blame Christianity for the housing bubble?  I'd expect that out of FOTD, but not you.

HEY! This demon DOES NOT blame the housing bubble on Christianity. It was the devil and his Armey.

"Everyone is looking for someone else to blame for their own naivete, stupidity, and greed.  Does anyone believe in personal accountability anymore?"  COCO, everyone? There's many of us who are responsible, willing to take both risk and blame.

Face it, Oral Roberts initiated the ability for our government to send missionaries worldwide vis a vie satellites.
C Street would not exist without his likes.
HazMatCFO
Civic Leader

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2009, 04:06:40 am »

Oral rest in peace.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2009, 08:49:06 am »

"Everyone is looking for someone else to blame for their own naivete, stupidity, and greed.  Does anyone believe in personal accountability anymore?"  COCO, everyone? There's many of us who are responsible, willing to take both risk and blame.

I DO generalize every now and then when I get on one of my spittle-flying rampages...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
bornhere
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2009, 04:38:50 pm »

Bette Davis once said "never say anything bad about the dead". Well, Oral's dead, and that's good!

Why anyone could mourn a TV fakir is beyond me.  Surely there is a special place in hell for a charlatan like Oral Roberts who took every dime my grandmother had left.

Tulsa once had ethics, now it has none, and I think the evangelistic right wing-nuts are to blame, and Oral was certainly a right wing-nut. I'll pray for him, though, that he doesn't burn too long, just long enough to think over what he did to the many pennilesss old people he ripped off, and the many people who thought they were "healed" until they got home.

Thank God he's dead....believe me, I won't watch the TV coverage of his funeral.  Why can't his followers raise him from the dead?   Not enough faith I guess......
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org