A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:18:31 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Huggy Bears @ 51st & Sheridan - Any memories?  (Read 2066 times)
tulsascoot
Civic Leader

« on: December 17, 2009, 11:55:22 pm »

My wife was asking me about this place and trying to find anyone besides me that remembers the place. It was back in the corner of the shopping center behind the old movie theater on the NW corner.

I remember going there as a kid, but few people I know remember it.

Anyone else go there, or take their kids?

Any pics floating around?

Good stories would also be appreciated.

dbacks fan
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 01:59:57 pm »

I remember that place. I did a Google on it and the only thing I could find was on Lost Tulsa for Peaches Records and Tapes.

http://www.losttulsa.com/2006/01/peaches-records-tapes-5150-s.html

It's about half way down the page. Apparently it was several different names over the years.
Gold
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 09:31:33 pm »

I vaguely remember it -- but nothing about it in particular.  Didn't it have video games and little kid rides you'd find at old grocery stores?  I remember I liked it, but I must have been three or four years old.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 10:54:58 pm »

They had a pretty good classical section in the early 90s.

mobboss
Activist

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 11:13:22 pm »

i know we took it after huggy bears was over and built the Beat Club. it seemed too much work to take out all the horse carousel in the northwest corner so we built the big elevated dance floor and dj booth over the top of it.

zach

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org