A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:02:16 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kill the Health Care Bill  (Read 9136 times)
FOTD
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 10:03:34 pm »

Do you seriously have a problem with him wanting the amendment read?  Why should an amendment contain 767 pages in the first place if the bulk of that wasn't a bunch of pure crap?

Bernie withdrew his amendment in order to proceed funding our troops by Fridays deadline.... saved Doc Co Burn from more embarrassing evidence of his anti soldiers and vets position.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 10:30:08 pm by FOTD » Logged
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 10:05:40 am »

Bernie withdrew his amendment in order to proceed funding our troops by Fridays deadline.... saved Doc Co Burn from more embarrassing evidence of his anti soldiers and vets position.

Oh that's right, Sanders withdrew his single payer amendment, which had no chance of passage but nevertheless submitted to appease that stroke's and the kos kids (and apparently your) f'd up needs, to rescue Dr. Coburn. That's right, Dr. Coburn. Let's see, how many lives have you brought into this world or saved or made better through the delivery of health care? Tell us. Oh, and get off your "pro-military" soapbox. You couldn't care less about them except to use as an instrument to advance your dooshy views.  

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
FOTD
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 02:15:25 pm »

Oh that's right, Sanders withdrew his single payer amendment, which had no chance of passage but nevertheless submitted to appease that stroke's and the kos kids (and apparently your) f'd up needs, to rescue Dr. Coburn. That's right, Dr. Coburn. Let's see, how many lives have you brought into this world or saved or made better through the delivery of health care? Tell us. Oh, and get off your "pro-military" soapbox. You couldn't care less about them except to use as an instrument to advance your dooshy views.  

You are Bernies mirror image..... you seem so unpatriotic when you defend a Senaturd who does not support our vets....just look at his record.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxuS-cNEQyA&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Watch it: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNOYb216wdM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

You should be ecstatic that you and this devil have strong reservations over BO!

« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 02:27:19 pm by FOTD » Logged
FOTD
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2009, 04:35:45 pm »

Ed Schultz Rocks!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ortjRL5LyuA&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Obama: U.S. 'will go bankrupt' without health care bill
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2009/12/obama-government-will-go-bankrupt-without-health-care-bill/1
BO using scare tactics...Is he just an extension of the Busheviks?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 04:50:56 pm by FOTD » Logged
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 07:53:24 pm »

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2009, 09:09:47 pm »

BO using scare tactics...Is he just an extension of the Busheviks?

You nailed it, he and the rest of those globalists from Gold Mansacks

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
HazMatCFO
Civic Leader

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2009, 04:16:13 am »

I don't believe for a second Dean is serious on killing the bill. As Saint Clinton preached yesterday, any bill is better than no bill for he knows that it opens the door for single payer down the road. Kill this bill and government run healthcare is dead in the near future and who knows how long.

We get to 2013 and you just can't predict who will reside in the White House and which political party will control Congress. Even if the democrats retain control of the Senate, keeping 59 seats will be difficult. I suspect the balance will moce back closer to 50 / 50 which will make future bills even more difficult to pass.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2009, 07:00:26 am »

I don't believe for a second Dean is serious on killing the bill. As Saint Clinton preached yesterday, any bill is better than no bill for he knows that it opens the door for single payer down the road. Kill this bill and government run healthcare is dead in the near future and who knows how long.

We get to 2013 and you just can't predict who will reside in the White House and which political party will control Congress. Even if the democrats retain control of the Senate, keeping 59 seats will be difficult. I suspect the balance will moce back closer to 50 / 50 which will make future bills even more difficult to pass.

Reconciliation?  The Repubs did it for 6 years...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2009, 10:08:22 am »

Reconciliation?  The Repubs did it for 6 years...

Reconciliatoin?  Are you sure you don't mean revenge or retribution?

How many years did the Republicans have control of Congress since WWII?  About 6?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2009, 10:13:39 am »

How many years did the Republicans have control of Congress since WWII?  About 6?

Yes

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/usgovernment/l/bl_party_division_2.htm
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2009, 10:16:44 am »

Reconciliatoin?  Are you sure you don't mean revenge or retribution?

How many years did the Republicans have control of Congress since WWII?  About 6?

It works both ways.  Remember rubberstamping of essentially anything Bush II put through?  Payback's a b!tch.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2009, 10:23:53 am »

It works both ways.  Remember rubberstamping of essentially anything Bush II put through?  Payback's a b!tch.

Payback depends on when you start counting.  I consider the rubberstamping of Bush II as payback for the nearly 60 years before it.

bbriscoe
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2009, 10:45:00 am »

To paraphrase, Kevin thinks Howard is in dreamland and lists the following major reform principles that are still on the table:

• Insurers have to take all comers.  They can't turn you down for a preexisting condition or cut you off after you get sick.
  • Community rating.  Within a few broad classes, everyone gets charged the same amount for insurance.
  • Individual mandate.  I know a lot of liberals hate this, but how is it different from a tax?  And its purpose is sound: it keeps the insurance pool broad and insurance rates down.
  • A significant expansion of Medicaid.
  • Subsidies for low and middle income workers that keeps premium costs under 10% of income.
  • Limits on ER charges to low-income uninsured emergency patients.
  • Caps on out-of-pocket expenses.
  • A broad range of cost-containment measures.
  • A dedicated revenue stream to support all this.

Insurers have to take all comers.  They can't turn you down for a preexisting condition or cut you off after you get sick. - Probably a good idea, but This one isn't going to pass the Senate
  • Community rating.  Within a few broad classes, everyone gets charged the same amount for insurance.
- Not sure how this works
  • Individual mandate.  I know a lot of liberals hate this, but how is it different from a tax?  And its purpose is sound: it keeps the insurance pool broad and insurance rates down.
This might face constitutional challenges down the road
  • A significant expansion of Medicaid.
  Off the table already
  • Subsidies for low and middle income workers that keeps premium costs under 10% of income.
  I guess this is the part that will cost over $1 trillion $$$
  • Limits on ER charges to low-income uninsured emergency patients.
This seems meaningless as low income ER visiters invariably don't pay their bills because they can't, and most hospitals just write off the bills of the indigent.
  • Caps on out-of-pocket expenses.
OK, but this could mean larger premiums.  It could also mean that certain treatments become uncovered.
  • A broad range of cost-containment measures.
  Thats mostly code for "rationing"
A dedicated revenue stream to support all this.  Which like most govt projections will quickly fall behind as spending rises faster than expected and individuals and corps change their habits to avoid these new taxes.

Basically, in the Senate version we are left with a bill that costs way too much for our economy in its current state to support and still has no teeth.  The insurance lobbies are too powerful.  Preexisting condition coverage will not survive house/senate reconciliation and allowing 55 y/o to buy into medicare is already DOA as of yesterday.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2009, 12:09:19 pm »

Just a bit o/t, but is factual, I cannot tell you how many of these folks showed up in the ER where I worked as an EMT which was a real drain on time and resources.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m64cy1MMPge][/youtube]

Exit question:  Will increasing coverage result in an increase of these folks?

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2009, 09:54:24 pm »

Several state AGs investigating the legality of Nelson's Nebraska's Compromise which exempted only that state from responsibilities the other 49 (or 56 in Obamaspeak) states have.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34551523/ns/politics-health_care_reform/

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org