A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:13:09 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 in 4 Children Receive Food Assistance  (Read 1983 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: November 30, 2009, 12:06:13 pm »

This is awful. I do not care who is responsible for this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/29/us/29foodstamps.html?_r=2&partner=rss&emc=rss&src=igw

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
TeeDub
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 01:15:56 pm »

Why do things to help yourself when you can count on the government to step in and bail you out?

I am all in favor of big government interventionism!

Until the nutri-paste idea takes off (or soylent green) I guess subsidizing the food distribution network is the next best idea.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 07:58:53 pm »

Why do things to help yourself when you can count on the government to step in and bail you out?
Yes, everyone who lost a job in the last year and is now receiving assistance isn't lifting a finger to help themselves. They just took that $10 an hour call center job so they could pay for their habit of hookers and blow and are more than happy to let the government pay for their food and housing.  Roll Eyes

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 09:46:24 pm »

Yes, everyone who lost a job in the last year and is now receiving assistance isn't lifting a finger to help themselves. They just took that $10 an hour call center job so they could pay for their habit of hookers and blow and are more than happy to let the government pay for their food and housing.  Roll Eyes

Can't buy much blow on a $10 an hour job, or get a very good hooker...so FOTD tells me.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
FOTD
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 10:54:20 pm »

"I hope you hear inside my voice of sorrow
And that it motivates you to make a better tomorrow
This place is cruel no where could be much colder
If we don't change the world will soon be over"

Stevie Wonder

* Conan.jpg (20.8 KB - downloaded 200 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org