A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:45:27 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: North Tulsa to Get Grocery Store  (Read 69296 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 10:34:11 am »

It's open!

It's been robbed!
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20100207_298_0_Anewgr400395
...in less than 3 weeks.

Someone must be very proud.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 11:27:08 am »

Since he'd already left did TPD respond or just tell them to fill out a report for the detective?
azbadpuppy
Philanthropist

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 01:42:53 pm »

That is really a shame. There are obvious reasons why this area gets such a negative portrayal in the media and by local residents.

Honestly though, it appears crime is pretty rampant throughout Tulsa. Haven't there been a rash of robberies in Midtown lately? Walgreens, Quiznos, etc?

It does not appear these types of crimes are exclusively limited to north of Admiral.

Security obviously needs to be more of a priority for all business owners in Tulsa.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 03:53:21 pm »

That is really a shame. There are obvious reasons why this area gets such a negative portrayal in the media and by local residents.

Honestly though, it appears crime is pretty rampant throughout Tulsa. Haven't there been a rash of robberies in Midtown lately? Walgreens, Quiznos, etc?

It does not appear these types of crimes are exclusively limited to north of Admiral.

Security obviously needs to be more of a priority for all business owners in Tulsa.

Very true, although many people will make snide remarks like "I told you so" just because it's in North Tulsa.  When in reality stores like the Food Pyramid at 41st & Peoria have been robbed multiple times and no one is worried about that store closing or receiving a community block grant to stay open...

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 07:46:11 am »

3 Weeks into business. . . Robbed at gunpoint last night.

Perhaps the news shouldn’t have reported this?

Blaming cuts in police budget in 3. . .2. . . 1. . .
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 07:47:44 am by Gaspar » Logged

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2010, 08:13:43 am »

3 Weeks into business. . . Robbed at gunpoint last night.

Perhaps the news shouldn’t have reported this?

Blaming cuts in police budget in 3. . .2. . . 1. . .

Humorous comment made about him passing through "self checkout" in 3..2..
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2010, 08:18:45 am »

Would you like your cash in paper or plastic?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
rwarn17588
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 09:25:50 am »

I hope they stick it out. My missus and I make it a point to shop there at least once a week, even though it's a bit out of the way from where we live. We figure that sending some money their way is good for the community at large.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 09:48:42 am »

The irony is that they sent home the two security guards after the store closed at 9pm.  I doubt that happens again.

Of course they will stick it out.  I was laughing at Councilor Henderson's comments in the paper this morning along the lines of: "Don't worry this store won't close because of this, we'll find the bad guy".  What a dolt.  Grocery stores don't wind up being shuttered over a single armed robbery usually.  I think this was blown out of proportion on account of a slow news weekend.  Time to retire this simpleton Henderson in the next election.  I'm quite certain district 1 can find someone more dynamic with an IQ over 100.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 11:25:27 am »

Humorous comment made about him passing through "self checkout" in 3..2..
Nice try... be he's in the lane next to the self checkout.
Hawkins
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 07:40:23 pm »

Very true, although many people will make snide remarks like "I told you so" just because it's in North Tulsa.  When in reality stores like the Food Pyramid at 41st & Peoria have been robbed multiple times and no one is worried about that store closing or receiving a community block grant to stay open...

Peoria from 61st to 41st is the straight up hood.

If you are reading this from outside Tulsa, and planning a trip here, AVOID PEORIA FROM 61st to 41st AT ALL COST.

We don't want you to get shot while you are visiting.  Smiley

--

As for this grocery store... armed security guards? An airport-like metal detector? Snipers on the roof? Charles Bronson hiding out in the back room?

This won't be the last time it happens.

--

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 07:58:14 pm »

Peoria from 61st to 41st is the straight up hood.

If you are reading this from outside Tulsa, and planning a trip here, AVOID PEORIA FROM 61st to 41st AT ALL COST.

We don't want you to get shot while you are visiting.  Smiley

--

As for this grocery store... armed security guards? An airport-like metal detector? Snipers on the roof? Charles Bronson hiding out in the back room?

This won't be the last time it happens.

--

Have you driven Peoria north of I-44 in the last 20 years? 

Try again.

It's more centralized around the apartments in the 61st & Peoria to Riverside area and south, and perhaps a few blocks north of 61st. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Jennifer
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 08:04:10 pm »

Peoria is perfectly fine from 41st all the way up past I-44.

It really is only bad for about a 6 block square around 61st.  There are some really nice houses behind the Neighborhood Walmart and a gated community on the east side of peoria, all past 41st.

We live close to 36th and drive past 41st on nearly a daily basis, we just head down to riverside at I-44 and then back up 71st if we are going any further.  Tongue

That being said I had some friends who lived in some perfectly nice townhouses back behind some of those apartments on 61st between peoria and riverside. So it really is a very localized problem.
Hawkins
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2010, 08:14:15 pm »

Have you driven Peoria north of I-44 in the last 20 years? 

Try again.

It's more centralized around the apartments in the 61st & Peoria to Riverside area and south, and perhaps a few blocks north of 61st. 

What are you talking about? Those apartments are... well they are a place you don't want to be, to put it lightly.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2010, 08:40:45 pm »

What are you talking about? Those apartments are... well they are a place you don't want to be, to put it lightly.

It's not that bad though I wouldn't suggest walking around those apartments or anywhere around 61st & Peoria at night.  Once you go north of I-44 the neighborhood is significantly better, just like if you go east a mile to 61st & Lewis you run into Southern Hills and the nice neighborhoods around there, especially to the south which is one of my favorite 'hoods in Tulsa along Evanston north and south of 71st.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org