A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:16:14 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who hit the rewind button on city hall?  (Read 4375 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: November 11, 2009, 07:43:02 am »

Roscoe, Maria and Mautino are on the city council and a well-connected Republican with a family name is Mayor.

Did a sense of Nostalgia prevail?
DowntownNow
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 09:34:14 am »

With the exception of Dewey Bartlett (whom I believe will basically equate to a Taylor Part Deux) and the favored District 9 inevitability of GT Bynum given the voter base there, Tulsa voters seemed to cast a resounding "we're tired of whats happened the last term."  The majority of mayoral rubber stamp Councilors were put out to pasture.

Trail is an unknown factor in how he will vote, if he stays true to his word, he will not be a rubber stamp for anyone (even the police and fire)...time will tell.  Christiansen has gotten more of a backbone over the last year, Eagleton has championed against the status quo more times than not lately and not been a rubber stamp for the Mayor's emergency agenda items, Westcott not a rubber stamp, Henderson...waffles a lil too much, he may be next to go.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 09:37:10 am »

I call it recycling.

Power is nothing till you use it.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 01:22:47 pm »

I call it recycling.

Generally you only recycle useful products.  The products we have recycled in this instance didn't do anything worthwhile the first time around.  As Mayor, as far as I can tell, Dewey has promised to also do nothing (other than the usual promises of better jobs and making Tulsa a totally awesome place). 

Not casting stones just yet, but my hopes are not terribly high.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 01:57:57 pm »

Generally you only recycle useful products.  The products we have recycled in this instance didn't do anything worthwhile the first time around.  As Mayor, as far as I can tell, Dewey has promised to also do nothing (other than the usual promises of better jobs and making Tulsa a totally awesome place). 

Not casting stones just yet, but my hopes are not terribly high.

Maria and Roscoe actually have done a pretty good job previously, and I think Mautino did as well.

The problem with D-4 is you have the neighborhoods, and then there's downtown.  Maria is a neighborhood councilor.  Gomez was seen as more of a downtown councilor.  Neither one of them has done a good job of pleasing both at the same time.  Eric seems to think that his ill-handling of the homeless center at Admiral and Yale was his Waterloo.  Might well have been.  I'd mentioned on another thread I thought that had something to do with him and Patrick losing.  Hell, Roscoe even had a "Who owns Tulsa?" t-shirt on in the paper this morning.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
shadows
City Father

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 04:16:38 pm »

As we flaunt the idea we are a republic democracy it would be well to go into the closet shutting the door before we proclaim such.  After December 7th it will be business as usual in Tulsa with officials elected by a weak minority of the registered voter.  We have troops scattered over this globe trying to enforce this system on them.  Some of the nations that are taking the bait require the polls be open until 50%+1 of the register voters cast a ballot.

The recent election would indicate the city is still segregated into the North City and the South City with those in IDL still remaining in control.  If Roscoe don’t know who owns Tulsa then someone should tell him that his former status quo employer does.

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
OurTulsa
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 10:52:22 pm »

Roscoe 'done a pretty good job previously'?  At what?  I have a terribly short memory but I don't ever remember being impressed with him.  I mostly remember crankiness and confusion.

Dewey being another Taylor...while he could surprise me...I don't think so.  Taylor has balls!  While some of her decisions weren't greeted with 100% acceptance she never seemed afraid to face the fire and make unpopular and bold decisions.  I'm afraid Dewey will be another Bill and in four years we'll be wondering what his 'conservative' values accomplished on a local level.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 06:59:27 am »

I call it "Gluttons for Punishment"......

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 07:55:41 am »

Dewey being another Taylor...while he could surprise me...I don't think so.  Taylor has balls!  While some of her decisions weren't greeted with 100% acceptance she never seemed afraid to face the fire and make unpopular and bold decisions.  I'm afraid Dewey will be another Bill and in four years we'll be wondering what his 'conservative' values accomplished on a local level.

I'm afraid you're right that DB may have a lot of opinions like KT, but with all of the lack of motivation and action of Lafortune.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 10:13:38 am »

Attempting to lower expectations...

Expectations lowered.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org