A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:21:00 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Does Tom Coburn Hate Our Troops?  (Read 11464 times)
buckeye
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 11:02:00 pm »

I really can't figure out why you keep posting.  You turn a deaf ear to any kind of contrary argument without regard to its validity or rational basis in fact.  You consistently demonstrate paranoia and hatefulness.  Are you posting just to get it out or do you actually think you might persuade somebody to agree with your viewpoints?

It's dumbfounding, really.  At this point, it's just like reading a transcript of a crazy street person's deranged ramblings.

Is there some other goal?
rwarn17588
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 09:14:17 am »

I really can't figure out why you keep posting.  You turn a deaf ear to any kind of contrary argument without regard to its validity or rational basis in fact.  You consistently demonstrate paranoia and hatefulness.  Are you posting just to get it out or do you actually think you might persuade somebody to agree with your viewpoints?

It's dumbfounding, really.  At this point, it's just like reading a transcript of a crazy street person's deranged ramblings.

To be the anti-guido, I reckon.

Not that I support either of their approaches. Both are intemperate and have many moments of ill-conceived ideas and sheer idiocy.
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 10:59:34 am »

I think he's just too stoned to start his own blog.
FOTD
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 02:29:58 pm »

I really can't figure out why you keep posting.  You turn a deaf ear to any kind of contrary argument without regard to its validity or rational basis in fact.  You consistently demonstrate paranoia and hatefulness.  Are you posting just to get it out or do you actually think you might persuade somebody to agree with your viewpoints?

It's dumbfounding, really.  At this point, it's just like reading a transcript of a crazy street person's deranged ramblings.

Well, initially it was to turn the discussion on TNF away from GOP suck ups who were blinded by their jingo.

Over time, it's been fun to slip in some real news. And this devil loves to play a shenanigan now and then.

Please back this up: " You consistently demonstrate paranoia and hatefulness". Is that your defense of Coburn's actions? To attack a third party. FOTD is no Veteran but he will put them before himself.

FOTD picks the good fights where something else is more important than fear. He needs not his own blog when sites are available with access to people who truly believe in Tom Coburns rhetoric.

Tom Coburn is afraid America will be broke in 40 years. He has NO confidence. He spreads his fear. He uses his position to make a point on budgeting based on nothing but a shrinking government mentality while our Vets suffer physically, mentally and socially.

Rep. Joe Sestak (D-PA), the highest-ranking veteran elected to Congress, told MSNBC's Rachel Maddow he was extremely frustrated with Coburn's example of the disconnect between war funding and troop care:
"This is politics at its worst. It's what most irks me about Washington D.C. Somehow, they think strength is purely military force, not understanding it's our people. And they have forgotten that, particularly in this case."

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) told Politico that he had trouble understanding how "illogical" Coburn was being by holding up this bill after refusing to oppose other war spending:
"Where was he when we were spending a trillion dollars on the war in Iraq?" Reid asked. "That wasn't paid for. I didn't hear him stopping the bill from going forward at that time. I think he should become more logical and understand we have people who are suffering."

Paul Rieckhoff, founder and director of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, had this to say to MSNBC's Keith Olbermann about this lawmaker:
"He's isolated here. This isn't even the GOP. This is one senator standing in the way of the most comprehensive health reform and health benefits package for caregivers, the wives, husbands, grandmothers, parents, who are caring for the most severely wounded folks. They are really under tremendous pressure and tremendous stress, and they need stress counseling themselves. That's a part of this bill. And he's very isolated. Every veterans group has lined up against him on this and he's got to back down. We hope the American people will pressure him to do just that. "

Again, if we cannot afford to care for veterans, we cannot afford to be at war.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 02:57:45 pm by FOTD » Logged
shadows
City Father

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2009, 04:55:23 pm »

Coburn has been trained as a doctor and his dedication has been toward that end.  He is dedicated to that training but also to protecting the human rights.  Since WWll our military has changed from the field of battle to a war against the civilian population as we bomb the residents killing the women and children to discourage battles between armies.  We send troops into the enemy home lands in uniforms making them targets for an army in civilian clothing.   We liken the Romans are threaten within where in their end threw open the gates to save the city.  Colburn comes nearer representing the a population that need to be represented by those common sense persons, independent of the political life time politicians.

The purpose in the hold on the military bill can only be attributed to the fact we fight a war that many nations has dispensed their wealth and armies over the centuries.   Coburn seem to understand that as the world greatest debtor, that cannot be defeated militarily, being defeated by our greed, is allowing foreign interest to buy our resources, land and industries with the ever inflating dollar money exchanges.  We speak of the change needed in government operations but when a senator makes a stand for the citizens to take the time and read with understanding it is like the city charter change that the people voted to accept without reading it.        
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 05:00:24 pm by shadows » Logged

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
buckeye
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 05:00:32 pm »

Please back this up: " You consistently demonstrate paranoia and hatefulness". Is that your defense of Coburn's actions? To attack a third party.
No and no.  I'm not speaking to your Coburn complaints at all and I haven't the time to search out 'demonstrations' for you.

Let's look at it this way: the only poster unaware of your tendencies (as I assert) is you - and the only poster who would remain unswayed is (surprise) you.  Good luck on the crusade.
FOTD
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 05:14:15 pm »

No and no.  I'm not speaking to your Coburn complaints at all and I haven't the time to search out 'demonstrations' for you.

Let's look at it this way: the only poster unaware of your tendencies (as I assert) is you - and the only poster who would remain unswayed is (surprise) you.  Good luck on the crusade.

Okie dokie F Buckeye....you lazy malicious fool.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 05:21:04 pm by FOTD » Logged
FOTD
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2009, 05:20:18 pm »

Coburn has been trained as a doctor and his dedication has been toward that end.  He is dedicated to that training but also to protecting the human rights.  Since WWll our military has changed from the field of battle to a war against the civilian population as we bomb the residents killing the women and children to discourage battles between armies.  We send troops into the enemy home lands in uniforms making them targets for an army in civilian clothing.   We liken the Romans are threaten within where in their end threw open the gates to save the city.  Colburn comes nearer representing the a population that need to be represented by those common sense persons, independent of the political life time politicians.

The purpose in the hold on the military bill can only be attributed to the fact we fight a war that many nations has dispensed their wealth and armies over the centuries.   Coburn seem to understand that as the world greatest debtor, that cannot be defeated militarily, being defeated by our greed, is allowing foreign interest to buy our resources, land and industries with the ever inflating dollar money exchanges.  We speak of the change needed in government operations but when a senator makes a stand for the citizens to take the time and read with understanding it is like the city charter change that the people voted to accept without reading it.        

What a crock. Coburn inherited his fortune. Being a doctor does not place him in a position of blunting care for our soldiers and a shelter for our homeless Vets. Your rambling is sprinkled with the same old fear of debt bs.

You take off the afternoon and go palin around with your rouges in a bar ditch? It's so easy to tell.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2009, 06:48:47 pm »

What a crock. Coburn inherited his fortune. Being a doctor does not place him in a position of blunting care for our soldiers and a shelter for our homeless Vets. Your rambling is sprinkled with the same old fear of debt bs.

You take off the afternoon and go palin around with your rouges in a bar ditch? It's so easy to tell.

I am well aware of the family business.  Some seem unaware of the struggle he had to continue his practice in Muskogee after becoming a senator trying to represent the common people.  He is truly looking out for all the people.   Those people in their thirties will need a million dollars in a retirement escrow savings account in order to sustain their present quality of life they now enjoy.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 06:52:09 pm by shadows » Logged

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
buckeye
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 01:47:30 pm »

Okie dokie F Buckeye....you lazy malicious fool.
Another compelling argument rife with clever wordplay.

Is it 4:20 already?

There's no way I'm sifting through pages of your irrational miasmic ramblings, dubious interpretations and paranoid accusations to present you with the very best of the best.  Like I said, it's painfully clear to anybody who's read this forum for any length of time.  You've failed to provide any kind of substantive defense of countless assertions and respond very poorly to contrary questions.  I don't see how anything is left apart from general abuse.  As you say, shenanigans can be fun.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 01:58:07 pm by buckeye » Logged
FOTD
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 02:16:12 pm »

Jeebus, the C Street "hit" parade...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2009, 05:23:35 pm »

Jeebus, the C Street "hit" parade...

A "hit"?  Is that 4:20 jingo?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
FOTD
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2009, 05:49:29 pm »

A "hit"?  Is that 4:20 jingo?

"Are these jackasses married to women?? Republican woman can’t be to bright."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org