A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:35:01 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Isn't Gomez breaking the law?  (Read 2068 times)
Bubblehead
Citizen

« on: October 31, 2009, 03:48:17 pm »

What was with all of those Gomez signs along the right-of-ways, in front of the county court house and at the city bus station supporting Eric Gomez during the Tulsa Run today?

Did the Tulsa Run sanction those? Or did Gomez just flagrantly break the law and have his campaign people put them up?

There were entirely toooooooooo many of these for it to be a "mistake". Gomez put signs in the right of ways for the last 2 Driller's games and I am sure he will pull several more stunts before the election.

We will be verifying the legitimacy of all of the absentee votes this time, Eric.
akupetsky
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 04:43:27 pm »

For someone whose job it is to create laws, it seems, well, alarming that he would so flagrantly violate the law.  It shows lack of respect for the institutions of law.  Not to mention the money it costs the city to constantly remove the signs from the right of way.  Bad example!

pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 05:09:29 pm »

I have come to accept that politicians simply are going to put signs in the right of way.  I don't like it, but I know they will.  What bugs me about this time, though, is that Gomez choose a non-political event, an event that brings together the entire city, and used it for political gain.  Gomez (or more likely whomever he paid) traced the race route, and stuck signs in the right of way all along the way--in parks, along businesses who may or may not support him, and next to city & state buildings.  NOT ONE OTHER POLITICIAN DID THAT--not the mayorial candidates, not the city auditor.  Every one else seemed to understand that this was not a political event.

Bubblehead
Citizen

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 01:55:32 pm »

What did it cost the city to pick up all of Gomez's illegally placed signs?

Talk about graffitti abatement.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org