A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:34:04 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home Invasion  (Read 8428 times)
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« on: October 29, 2009, 02:34:12 pm »

Had two guys kick in my door today.  After ringing the doorbell several times, walking away, and coming back they kicked in my door and started to come in.  Luckily I was home, just didn't feel right with the situation and did not answer.  I met them with gun in hand and got off a shot, but man they can run fast, just barely missed em. 
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 02:41:43 pm »

Damn, sorry you were faced with the situation.

Kudos for being able to follow up with pulling the trigger.

I hope you were able to give a good description.  Too bad it wasn't "one of them was limping and the other had my boot in his sphincter"

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 02:47:41 pm »

Damn, sorry you were faced with the situation.

Kudos for being able to follow up with pulling the trigger.

I hope you were able to give a good description.  Too bad it wasn't "one of them was limping and the other had my boot in his sphincter"

yeah, honestly what I think gave them time to get out of the line of the shot was me reacting and saying (still can't believe I said this) "Your gonna die, Mother F@$%er" right before I pulled the trigger. 
TeeDub
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 02:53:52 pm »

Not that I condone killing people...

But if anyone needed killing, it is guys like that.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 03:07:45 pm »

yeah, honestly what I think gave them time to get out of the line of the shot was me reacting and saying (still can't believe I said this) "Your gonna die, Mother F@$%er" right before I pulled the trigger. 

well at least it wasn't "hasta la vista".
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 03:53:47 pm »

Crazy.

I wonder if they knocked to see if anyone was home.  Had you answered the door perhaps you would have gotten a lame sales pitch or "oops" wrong house situation.  Nonetheless . . .

Kudos on handling the situation PERFECTLY.  You were suspicious and prepared yourself, then reacted in the manner that limited harm to your person and property.   The good news/bad news is you didn't shoot the guy I suppose (good - you didn't shoot anyone.  Bad - you didn't shoot THIS person).

I hope the police take it seriously and look into it and hope you are OK in the long run.  I can certainly understand how you might be a bit jumpy at home the next few days.  In fact, if you feel like getting out of the house on Saturday PM me and I'll see about getting you tickets to TU's homecoming game.

Glad you're OK.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 04:00:21 pm »

Glad you are alright, dude!  Good job protecting the hacienda!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 04:02:25 pm »

Thanks for the offer, but I've got the kids this weekend.  And yeah, I have mixed feelings on missing.  On one hand, shooting him would have kept him from ever doing it again, on the other, it's pretty hard on me know I did shoot, and I shot to kill (bullet hole is where his center mass would have been).  I also wonder what would have happened if I had answered the door.  They could have come up with an excuse, or they could have rushed me when I did.  I think I would rather stand back and wait to see what happens.  On the plus side, I now have a nice notice to any future attempts.

lsimmons
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 04:06:32 pm »

Crime is up right now, I guess. My house was broken into a week ago when I went to get my son from school. I was gone for right at 30 minutes and they managed to kick in the back door and make off with 3 laptops and my Ipod. Finally got the back door issue resolved today. TNT is coming out tomorrow to do an alarm install. Pretty crazy stuff.

Glad you're OK and managed to give them a good scare. Too bad it wasn't a bit of buckshot though. Smiley
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 04:11:52 pm »

Crime is up right now, I guess. My house was broken into a week ago when I went to get my son from school. I was gone for right at 30 minutes and they managed to kick in the back door and make off with 3 laptops and my Ipod. Finally got the back door issue resolved today. TNT is coming out tomorrow to do an alarm install. Pretty crazy stuff.

Glad you're OK and managed to give them a good scare. Too bad it wasn't a bit of buckshot though. Smiley
We have the alarm stickers on the house, but it's beenon the frits and hadn't worked in a couple of months (that is getting fixed now), didn't seem to deter them in the least.

I do feel kinda bad for one of the cops that responded though, my dog bit him in the A$$
lsimmons
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 04:20:31 pm »

I do feel kinda bad for one of the cops that responded though, my dog bit him in the A$$

Heh, better than my dog. She hid under the bed and didn't come out till a good thirty minutes after I'd gotten home.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 04:21:55 pm »

Heh, better than my dog. She hid under the bed and didn't come out till a good thirty minutes after I'd gotten home.
Too bad he ws in the back yard when this happened, they wouldn't have gotten far.
MDepr2007
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 07:20:41 pm »

Looks like the door had already closed buy the time you fired(straight hole). Glad you didn't hit someone across the street.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 07:45:48 pm »

Looks like the door had already closed buy the time you fired(straight hole). Glad you didn't hit someone across the street.

I actualy took the time to do a line of sight deal with it to were I was standing, and it was about 2" from being completely closed.  And I use HydroShock rounds, I am willing to bet that the round was completely fragmented by the time it came out the other side.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 06:32:17 am »

I actualy took the time to do a line of sight deal with it to were I was standing, and it was about 2" from being completely closed.  And I use HydroShock rounds, I am willing to bet that the round was completely fragmented by the time it came out the other side.

Time to buy a home defense shotgun...... Grin...What part of Tulsa do you live in.....

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org