A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:22:01 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Little Chicago Pizza on 11th and Pittsburgh(between Harvard and yale)  (Read 15859 times)
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 01:24:11 pm »

Yeah, when the location quit working for McDonald's, it is hard to imagine it working for someone else.

Kashmir
Civic Leader

"My name is Talking Tina and I think I hate you"

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 03:00:10 pm »

The buffet was...questionable.  Two pizzas does not scream "buffet!" Tongue
mrB
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 10:40:32 pm »

Looks like a home spun Mexican Restaurant is going into the now closed Chicago Pizza place!

Tulsa World
For the record

by: Staff Reports
Sunday, October 04, 2009
10/4/2009

Filed Sept. 25, 2009

09-099552 — Manuel Contreras, Baja Manny's, 4003 E. 11th St., Mexican food restaurant.

TheTed
City Father

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2009, 11:17:21 am »

So one of a very, very few decent pizzerias in this town closes, and ANOTHER Mexican joint opens in its place???

I like Mexican and all, but how much mexican food does this town need?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2009, 12:05:17 pm »

So one of a very, very few decent pizzerias in this town closes, and ANOTHER Mexican joint opens in its place???

I guess we'll know it's an over-saturated market if these indie Mexican joints start closing.  So far, they all seem to do pretty good, especially if you go out east into the heart of our Hispanic population.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
jamesrage
Philanthropist

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 08:17:42 pm »

Some of those mexican places are small in size. El Burrito on Pittsburgh and Admiral was really tiny until they expanded a little and El Rio Verde on the corner of Admiral place and Trenton is pretty small.

* Untitled.jpg (51.34 KB - downloaded 583 times.)

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those
oktommy
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2009, 02:47:02 pm »

It's not exactly shocking that it was gone.  I remember driving by here and what appeared to be a hand spray painted sign didn't exactly make my mouth water lol.  Savastano's is great and I see why so many people rave about it, but am I the only one that balks at paying 40.00 for a couple of large pizzas?  I'll take Mazzios over that type of inflation.  Personally I'm still mourning the loss of Uno's.  Plus this area of town is questionable for dining out at best.  When McD's can't make it not much else has a hope.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 03:12:21 pm by oktommy » Logged
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2009, 03:09:47 pm »

Plus this area of town is questionable for dining out at best.  When McD's can't make it not much else has a hope.
McD's made it just fine. They just moved into a nicer building, less than half-a-mile away.

---Robert
Gold
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2009, 03:14:48 pm »

It's not exactly shocking that it was gone.  I remember driving by here and what appeared to be a hand spray painted sign didn't exactly make my mouth water lol.  Savastano's is great and I see why so many people rave about it, but am I the only one that balks at paying 40.00 for a couple of large pizzas?  I'll take Mazzios over that type of inflation.  Personally I'm still mourning the loss of Uno's.  Plus this area of town is questionable for dining out at best.  When McD's can't make it not much else has a hope.

Tacos Don Fransisco and Talley's are within half a mile either way and they've both done just fine for awhile.
dbacks fan
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2009, 03:27:20 pm »

Quote from: oktommy on Today at 03:47:02 pm
Plus this area of town is questionable for dining out at best.  When McD's can't make it not much else has a hope.

McD's made it just fine. They just moved into a nicer building, less than half-a-mile away

That McD's had been there since the 60's when it had the single arches on the ends of the building. It had outgrown the lot it sat on.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2009, 03:30:01 pm »

Little Chicago was under-promoted and apparently from the random sampling here, the product wasn't all that memorable.

The TU area has a rich history of entrepreneurs finding an open space and thinking they will make a killing off the college kids and surrounding neighborhoods, then subsequently failing when they don't promote it properly or their product and service are nothing but a truck-load of suck.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
joiei
City Father

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2009, 03:57:21 pm »

The pizza really wasn't all that good honestly.  The dough was tasteless, the sauce was bland and just could not hold a candle to the product at Savastano's.  I tried it, and didn't go back. 

They kept the McDonald's furniture which is very uncomfortable for a reason, to move your butt on out the door so the next person can sit there, McDonald's did not want people lingering, they want turnover and quickly. 

If the food the Mexican restaurant is putting out is good it will possibly make it.  I can think of a few Mexican places that I thought was bad and they didn't last.  As to how many can one city have,  if a saturation point has been reached then the weak will die off.  And a lot of those Mexican restaurants serve the Hispanic community more than they do the Okie community. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org