A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:04:41 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Tom Adelson's political contributions matter....  (Read 8947 times)
DCtransplant
« on: September 12, 2009, 05:56:44 pm »

As is known, the last couple of years Tom Adleson has made a litany of political contributions to federal Democratic candidates and organizations outside of Oklahoma and two seperate, sizable contributions to Barack Obama. There is nothing remotely illegal or unethical about these contributions and they are constitutionally protected by the first amendment.

Through his contributions to federal Democratic candidates and organizations nationwide, it can only be properly assumed that he supports the current Democratically-controlled Congress and present Administration. Given that, I would be interested to have the following questions answered that I believe are important in providing an illustration as to the style of governance and leadership he envisions for Tulsa should he be elected as our next Mayor:

(1) You support increasing the current Democratic majorities in both chambers of Congress. Do you believe that current Democratic Leadership in the House and Senate support a legislative agenda that is consistent with what you believe to be best for the citizens of Tulsa? If not, why do you financially support political organizations outside of OKlahoma that work to provide the current Democratic Leadership in Congress greater legislative authority by increasing the majorities they currently enjoy?

(2) Within the last month, you have made another sizable political contribution to President Barack Obama. Do you believe the President and his Administration have presented to the American people a policy agenda that is consistent with what you believe to be best for the citizens of Tulsa?

someone should ask these.....  
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 06:05:19 pm by DCtransplant » Logged
FOTD
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 06:17:39 pm »

OK. Let's play your game. This devil's advocate is answering yes to 1) and 2).
Especially when it comes to clean energy and to early childhood education or for public education.

Now, how will you respond?
DCtransplant
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 06:25:32 pm »

OK. Let's play your game. This devil's advocate is answering yes to 1) and 2).
Especially when it comes to clean energy and to early childhood education or for public education.

Now, how will you respond?

THe two major legislative priorities this year as articulted by both Congressional Democratic Leadership and the President are comprehensive healthcare reform and a cap and trade bill meant to address perceived global warming. Do you believe the substance of what is being proposed on these two issues by both Congressional Democratic Leadership and the President is consistent with the wants and needs of the city that you hope to lead?
MDepr2007
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 06:48:28 pm »

Considering Deweys support of Taylor, who also supports the Obama World , what does it matter?
FOTD
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 06:56:35 pm »

THe two major legislative priorities this year as articulted by both Congressional Democratic Leadership and the President are comprehensive healthcare reform and a cap and trade bill meant to address perceived global warming. Do you believe the substance of what is being proposed on these two issues by both Congressional Democratic Leadership and the President is consistent with the wants and needs of the city that you hope to lead?

Tulsa needs to clean up it's air as does the entire global community. Healthcare reform is necessary to keep medicare funded and improve elderly health care. It would save Tulsan's money to eventually eliminate the middle men insurance brokers.

But we should address the bigger issues of education and promoting natural gas...
DCtransplant
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 07:14:18 pm »

Tulsa needs to clean up it's air as does the entire global community. Healthcare reform is necessary to keep medicare funded and improve elderly health care. It would save Tulsan's money to eventually eliminate the middle men insurance brokers.

But we should address the bigger issues of education and promoting natural gas...

now THAT, is a political loser. Supporting Cap'n Trade and healthcare reform in its current form? He might as well stay home. Face it, a significant majority of Tulsans do not politically support the President, the current Democratically controlled Congress or their collective policies. His support for them is political liability in the context of this race, as to how much of one...we'll just have to see 
FOTD
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 07:16:46 pm »

You win...election over....go Dewey. Certainly this past druggie will make us a renaissance city and lure hundreds of thousands of new jobs here.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 10:33:08 am by FOTD » Logged
DCtransplant
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 05:51:46 pm »

with all apologies to Samuel Johnson, not addressing the issue at hand and disparaging another is not only childish, but the modern, last refuge of scoundrels

You win...election over....go Dewey. Certainly this past druggie will make us a renaissance city and lure hundreds of thousands of new jobs here.

FOTD
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 06:04:43 pm »

There's another thread on this race. You here from DC to be a hit man on the Screwy Dewey Dump Truck?

* elephantpiss.jpg (30.16 KB - downloaded 413 times.)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 08:09:05 pm »

That's the last time I open one of your posts during a meeting, everyone wondered what the snickering was from the back of the room.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 09:16:29 pm »

That's the last time I open one of your posts during a meeting, everyone wondered what the snickering was from the back of the room.

I HAD a brand new monitor until I opened this, dammit.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 01:50:37 pm »

To play FOTD's advocate for a second:

I would want my leader to have good relations (read: bribe) with person in a position of authority.

Alternatively, having good relations (bribing) person in a position of authority could pay off politically.

Campaign donations do not necessarily mean he supports the candidate.  It might just means he thinks it is politically beneficial to appear to do so.  It's a damn game, and it's called politics.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
FOTD
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 01:54:02 pm »

To play FOTD's advocate for a second:

I would want my leader to have good relations (read: bribe) with person in a position of authority.

Alternatively, having good relations (bribing) person in a position of authority could pay off politically.

Campaign donations do not necessarily mean he supports the candidate.  It might just means he thinks it is politically beneficial to appear to do so.  It's a damn game, and it's called politics.

FOTD loves to play games!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 02:18:26 pm »

FOTD loves to play games!

And, apparently, elephants with full bladders.  Still LMAO!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 08:40:15 pm »

I HAD a brand new monitor until I opened this, dammit.

Tough break-in.  Hope it still works.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org