A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:39:09 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Temporary reservoires behind Whataburger off Skelly Drive??  (Read 4379 times)
GJusSayin
Activist

« on: October 29, 2009, 01:42:25 pm »

Does anyone know what the temporary reservoires they built up in the field where Cholmia's used to be  (next to PetsMart and behind Whataurger right off I-44 are for and what the heck that liquid is they keep dumping in it?  

* IMG00327.jpg (77.48 KB - downloaded 547 times.)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 02:18:38 pm by gam1monkey » Logged

TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 08:18:48 am »

new water treatment plant.  Time to tighten our belts a bit, we have to trim the budget 6 million.

In all seriousness, I have no idea.  Have never noticed it before. 

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
rwarn17588
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 11:58:14 am »

Does anyone know what the temporary reservoires they built up in the field where Cholmia's used to be  (next to PetsMart and behind Whataurger right off I-44 are for and what the heck that liquid is they keep dumping in it?  

Would it be a construction site that simply got overrun by last week's big rain?
stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 09:58:02 am »

Would it be a construction site that simply got overrun by last week's big rain?

Sounds logical to me..

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 10:11:26 am »

They were built to contain liquid, and I have never seen them empty.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 12:40:34 pm »

Keep wondering where on earth all the mosquitoes might be coming from around here lol.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 01:29:31 pm »

Maybe they are holding water for the construction in the area. If they sre dumping then I would say they are extracting water as part of the drainage work and, as opposed to dumping it down the storm drain, are dumping it over here to evaporate.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 04:16:07 pm »

Two words:  fry oil.
GJusSayin
Activist

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 02:53:25 pm »

They come several times a day.  A truck with some kind of logo on the side (too far away to read) and a man with an orange vest hauling a water trailer.  He backs it up, opens a valve and some very dirty grey water dumps out and then he drives away.  They brought in dirt and one guy with a bulldozer piled it up to create these over a day.  I'm just curious because if it's something bad enough that you can't just dump it down the drain are they not concerned about it getting in the soil there??

Oh, and it glows in the dark. - jk

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 03:31:15 pm »

They come several times a day.  A truck with some kind of logo on the side (too far away to read) and a man with an orange vest hauling a water trailer.  He backs it up, opens a valve and some very dirty grey water dumps out and then he drives away.  They brought in dirt and one guy with a bulldozer piled it up to create these over a day.  I'm just curious because if it's something bad enough that you can't just dump it down the drain are they not concerned about it getting in the soil there??

Funny you should say "grey water".  That was what I was guessing.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 04:25:11 pm »

You're not supposed to dump anything in the storm drain
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org