A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:59:46 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Campaign finance reports are in  (Read 15719 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: August 31, 2009, 09:00:29 pm »

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tFU9rN8GpRv9_aVTHRYG8pA&single=true&gid=0&output=html
(via Batesline and Roemerman)

Biggest Fundraiser = Taylor
Biggest Spender = Taylor
Smallest Fundraiser = Grizzle
Smallest Spender = Grizzle

While I raised $707 during the first part of my campaign, my competitors raised over $100,000 combined.
Fiscal conservatives? Ha!
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 09:05:29 pm »

I think you should spend your $707 raised on a political consultant.

I'll do it next Wednesday for $700 an hour if you buy the pizza.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 09:13:08 pm »

Read the rest of the report, I spent $600 already.

The amount of my unspent donations is roughly $97 and two pairs of socks. I'm not kidding about the socks.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 09:14:23 pm »

OK...I'll give you a discount to $100 an hour, but your wife has to bake a cake for me.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 09:18:52 pm »

Here's the full breakdown on Tulsaworld.com:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=298&articleid=20090831_298_0_hrimgs647898

Play count the Kaiser $'s.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 09:26:28 pm by sgrizzle » Logged
Kashmir
Civic Leader

"My name is Talking Tina and I think I hate you"

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 09:48:00 pm »

OT, but Grizz, I got this today, might interest you:
Dear PTA Parent,

Cedar Ridge Elementary PTA is in need of your help and support. The PTA will be circulating a petition for a traffic signal to be placed at the intersection of S. Mingo Road and the entrance into Cedar Ridge Park at E. 97th Street. Due to the heavy traffic flow, both in the a.m. during student drop off and the p.m. during pick up, we are requesting support in the signing of this petition. On Thurs, Sept 10th we will be collecting the signed petitions and giving them to City Councilor Bill Christianson.  We need to have as many signatures as possible by the end of the day, Sept. 10th.  Please help show your support by signing the petition as well as sending a direct email to Dist8@tulsacouncilor.org  We all want our children to feel safe when going to and coming home from school.

edited for privacy****
And if you haters can refrain from hoping the southside children will bet run over because they are southside, goody for you! Cool
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 10:14:00 pm »

And if you haters can refrain from hoping the southside children will bet run over because they are southside, goody for you! Cool

It's not the kids they hate. It's the goofy parent drivers.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 06:13:09 am »

OT, but Grizz, I got this today, might interest you:
Dear PTA Parent,

Cedar Ridge Elementary PTA is in need of your help and support. The PTA will be circulating a petition for a traffic signal to be placed at the intersection of S. Mingo Road and the entrance into Cedar Ridge Park at E. 97th Street. Due to the heavy traffic flow, both in the a.m. during student drop off and the p.m. during pick up, we are requesting support in the signing of this petition. On Thurs, Sept 10th we will be collecting the signed petitions and giving them to City Councilor Bill Christianson.  We need to have as many signatures as possible by the end of the day, Sept. 10th.  Please help show your support by signing the petition as well as sending a direct email to Dist8@tulsacouncilor.org  We all want our children to feel safe when going to and coming home from school.

edited for privacy****

They are trying to get a petition together in 10 days? That's pretty quick.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 09:20:04 am »

I think you should spend your $707 raised on a political consultant.

I'll do it next Wednesday for $700 an hour if you buy the pizza.

The lengths of your personal sacrifice is limitless. Bless you.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 09:47:30 am »

Here's the full breakdown on Tulsaworld.com:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=298&articleid=20090831_298_0_hrimgs647898

Play count the Kaiser $'s.

Interesting, he contributed to both Dewey and Tom
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 10:47:17 am »

Does anyone know what the BOK PAC is?  Just more money from Kaiser, or something else? 

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 11:15:10 am »

Does anyone know what the BOK PAC is?  Just more money from Kaiser, or something else? 

The official name is the BOK Financial Corporation PAC.  It is registered as a "N A/Banking Political Action Committee" registered in Oklahoma City.    In 2008 it brought in $107,000 and disbursed $80,000.   All from employees of BOK including the maximum allowed $5K annual contribution from Kaiser.  Info on exactly where that money went/goes is a bit lacking in my limited time.  My guess is the contributions are purely based on business interest if from the BOK PAC.  But I'd also guess they rarely, if ever, contribute against Kaiser. 

[edit]Also, the contributions are from all over the operating region of BOK (New Mexico, Texas, Colorado, Missouri), not just Tulsa.[/edit]

Side note:

I think we can track how much on the government doll a group is by how much their PAC contributes. Governmental Workers Union is now the largest PAC. Followed by ATT (we highest the highest cell phone rates in the world.  Six times much of Europe).  Realtors (re inflate that bubble!).  Gold Mansachs.  ATLA.  Every Union you have ever heard of including education.  The AMA.  Another teachers union.   Citigroup.  More Unions.  Then car dealers.  Surprisingly, of the top 20 PACS, about 85% of the money goes to Democrats since 1998.   

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 11:18:47 am »

On opensecrets.org (or com, which ever) "lobbyists" also contribute heavily to the Democrat party, DNC, and individual candidates.  I could be wrong but it seems that Dems get a lot more soft money than GOP's.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 11:51:39 am »

CF gave a good explanation but basically it shows Gomez got $2000 from funds directly or indirectly related to Kaiser and Lakin got $5500
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 02:43:21 pm »

I'll go ahead and beat Bates to the punch on posting his own article:
http://www.batesline.com/archives/2009/09/phil-lakin-the-candidate-from-di.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org