A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:38:55 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone BUT Anna Falling for Mayor  (Read 31164 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2009, 09:44:45 pm »

There is the old story that there were no atheisms in the fox holes in Europe during WW11.  There are no fox holes in this country yet ether.  To attack ones belief in a master creator when there is not one among us that can explain why we are here is judgmental deeply engraved in our own ignorance.  She has dedicated some of her time to “Blessed are the poor’ of which shows her ability to lead not follow.  Seeking to carryout the job of mayor is a further endeavor of her goals.  Let us give her a chance.

Would you feel the same way if she were some other major religion?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2009, 10:22:42 pm »

I still believe that Anna Falling is more of a threat to Dewey Bartlett's chances to be Mayor than Chris Medlock's. Of course, no one can know for sure because there are usually many factors in deciding whom to support.

These are my theories...

First, in a head to head campaign, Bartlett dramatically outspends Medlock and probably gets most of the barely informed votes. Medlock's supporters seem to be passionate, but money spent usually wins in a head to head. Face it, most voters don't know the differences between two candidates. In a three way (or more) race, sometimes it only takes 35% to win. Chris Medlock got 34% last time and came in second.

Look at this Tulsa World story...

http://www.tulsaworld.com/TWPDFs/2006/Final/W_030906_A_6.PDF

In this primary race, LaFortune carried the GOP stronghold of midtown and the few republican voters of north Tulsa. That is the same strength of Anna Falling who served as a midtown city councilor and now runs a non-profit that feeds the poor in North Tulsa.

Secondly, the evangelical voter that Anna Falling is going after probably isn't in Chris Medlock's camp. I don't know as many evangelical voters as many of you, but I have heard from my friends that they remember that Medlock was a Unitarian noit long ago. In fact, he taught at threligious education classes at the big Unitarian Church on Peoria.

Medlock Mudschlock had the ear of the evangelicals if he retained much of Michael DelWhacko's audience after his departure to Nashvegas.  KFAQ is considered somewhat of a Christian/conservative news station.  Interesting to see what happens.  I think I'll vote for a fringer.  I like the dungeons & dragons guy.  Never fails, keep your GOP registration and you will eventually get to participate in a freak fest.  I thought this might be the year I'd change to unaffiliated or even Dim, glad I've waited for after this election.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 08:40:19 am by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
tim huntzinger
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2009, 07:55:25 am »

I have heard from my friends that they remember that Medlock was a Unitarian noit long ago. In fact, he taught at threligious education classes at the big Unitarian Church on Peoria.

His 'conservative' political idealogy predated his conversion over to the PCUSA according to him.  I am not one to question one's path to Glory, but I could see where that could be grounds for a nice Romney-esque comparison.  Hmmmmm that 'big' Unitarian Church.  Hmmmm.  You really do not know the name or are you being funny?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2009, 01:09:14 pm »

This September 2009 Tulsa municipal primary will see very few voters on the republican side. There are no republican primary races in four ninths of the city and a couple of other races with only an election between a strong ex or incumbent and a lightweight opponent. There isn't a compelling reason for many to go to the polls, especially for a new election (never had one that time of year before) that is also being held the day after a holiday and the week that football starts.

Whomever gets out their base wins.

Is it going to be the evangelical base of Anna Falling, the disgruntled base of Chris Medlock, or the midtown base of Dewey Bartlett?

If Falling and/or Medlock can raise some money, this could be very close.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2009, 02:08:24 pm »

This September 2009 Tulsa municipal primary will see very few voters on the republican side. There are no republican primary races in four ninths of the city and a couple of other races with only an election between a strong ex or incumbent and a lightweight opponent. There isn't a compelling reason for many to go to the polls, especially for a new election (never had one that time of year before) that is also being held the day after a holiday and the week that football starts.

Whomever gets out their base wins.

Is it going to be the evangelical base of Anna Falling, the disgruntled base of Chris Medlock, or the midtown base of Dewey Bartlett?

If Falling and/or Medlock can raise some money, this could be very close.

I think we need a friendly bet on this one.  Nelson's?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2009, 03:48:39 pm »

There is the old story that there were no atheisms in the fox holes in Europe during WW11.  There are no fox holes in this country yet ether.  To attack ones belief in a master creator when there is not one among us that can explain why we are here is judgmental deeply engraved in our own ignorance.  She has dedicated some of her time to “Blessed are the poor’ of which shows her ability to lead not follow.  Seeking to carryout the job of mayor is a further endeavor of her goals.  Let us give her a chance.

1. Are fox holes and other threatening situations the bastion of rational thought?  Personally, I don't think a situation where one is near panicked and in fear for their lives probably breeds the best decisions.  I wouldn't expect a decision I made in any other regard while under extreme pressure to be better than one I made at any other time.

2. To attack one's non-belief in a master creator is equally ignorant.  Which way to you usually see that one fly?  Plus, no one attacked her belief in a master creator.  I attacked her desire to utilize my government to further the belief in her chosen deity.

3. I also have donated time to "blessed are the poor. "  Can I be mayor now?

4) And finally, please answer the questioned asked above.  If she was devotedly Muslim, or Hindu, or even Wikkan would you find her faith appealing?  Or is it merely that she wishes to advance the cause of your God that you find a good thing?  Most people think religion is good, so long as it is there own.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2009, 06:12:05 pm »

1. Are fox holes and other threatening situations the bastion of rational thought?  Personally, I don't think a situation where one is near panicked and in fear for their lives probably breeds the best decisions.  I wouldn't expect a decision I made in any other regard while under extreme pressure to be better than one I made at any other time.

2. To attack one's non-belief in a master creator is equally ignorant.  Which way to you usually see that one fly?  Plus, no one attacked her belief in a master creator.  I attacked her desire to utilize my government to further the belief in her chosen deity.

3. I also have donated time to "blessed are the poor. "  Can I be mayor now?

4) And finally, please answer the questioned asked above.  If she was devotedly Muslim, or Hindu, or even Wikkan would you find her faith appealing?  Or is it merely that she wishes to advance the cause of your God that you find a good thing?  Most people think religion is good, so long as it is there own.

The use of the foxhole was used to illustrate that through our ignorance of our existence we rely on our own fears as the solution of the unknown.  To degrade a person because of their belief is asinine .  Because of this cloak of secrecy we are using it to discredit past and present performances.  The indications that our existence in this unstable atmosphere we have created,  does lead to the assumption that we are incapable of self rule.  Thus we look into the darkness for leadership.  Those who we refer to as savages who worshiped the sun as a god and the provider of all life cannot be challenged.

Among us are no non-believers.  Only those who seek the evidence as to whom or what was the creator of life as it exist on a very isolated planet in one of many solar systems.

If you had the leadership which Hitler possessed and contributed to the blessings of the working poor you would have no problem being mayor.

Falling’s religion should never have been introduced as to qualifications for mayor any more than that of President Kennedy’s 

« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 06:15:41 pm by shadows » Logged

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2009, 10:12:23 pm »

The use of the foxhole was used to illustrate that through our ignorance of our existence we rely on our own fears as the solution of the unknown.  To degrade a person because of their belief is asinine .  Because of this cloak of secrecy we are using it to discredit past and present performances.  The indications that our existence in this unstable atmosphere we have created,  does lead to the assumption that we are incapable of self rule.  Thus we look into the darkness for leadership.  Those who we refer to as savages who worshiped the sun as a god and the provider of all life cannot be challenged.

Among us are no non-believers.  Only those who seek the evidence as to whom or what was the creator of life as it exist on a very isolated planet in one of many solar systems.

If you had the leadership which Hitler possessed and contributed to the blessings of the working poor you would have no problem being mayor.

Falling’s religion should never have been introduced as to qualifications for mayor any more than that of President Kennedy’s 

She's the one who introduced it. And it's all she talks about. So it's fair game and very relevant.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2009, 04:09:13 pm »

She's the one who introduced it. And it's all she talks about. So it's fair game and very relevant.

True she did introduce it as an explanation in correcting our decaying morality in this divided city.   

In France there is a pylon on which are scribe the ancient laws of  Babylon.  The 10 commandments are the laws of the Israelites as presented by Moses.  I have a very low leaning toward Christianity and its displaying of the cross which was the most brutal devise for executing ever contrived by the Romans.  They lined the roads to the city with the crosses with victims nailed on them to warn the travelers not to break the laws of Rome.  The constitution can be construed as no more than a religion as it becomes under scrutiny daily.  So give unto the Jew his laws that belongs to the Jew.       

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2009, 01:27:49 pm »

The use of the foxhole was used to illustrate that through our ignorance of our existence we rely on our own fears as the solution of the unknown. 

. . .

1) Are you implying that reliance on fear as a solution is a good thing?  In that case, before you make any critical life decisions you should walk up and kick a bull in the crotch, jump off a bridge, or some other wildly dangerous activity.   

"Why did you jump from that moving car?"

"Oh that, I was trying to decide if I should refinance my house."   

2) Godwin?

3) Falling's religion is her platform.  Kennedy kept insisting that he would not be a papal servant in the White House and that his religion was not his platform.  Falling keeps insisting that she will be a servant of Jesus in City Hall and that her platform is Jesus.  See the difference there?  I know it's subtle, but it's there.

Her religion doesn't matter so long as it isn't her platform.  Same with race, origin, sex, etc.  But when a candidate makes these traits part of their platform, it becomes relevant.    She introduced it as everything, period.  Hence, it's relevant:  but if you want to, we can pretend she only introduced it in regards to teaching the Christian creation myth at the zoo.  Which is bad enough for me.

4) I can't really comment on the constitution as a religion, since it fails the definition in every way.

5) And I'm not sure what Jew law you are talking about.  The constitution?  The Commandments?  Let me know what I should give ye' ole' Jews and I'll be right on it.  I guess.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
FOTD
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2009, 02:02:08 pm »

You know groovie crusher, the jew law is an eye for an eye.

COT is in deep. Next mayor better have smarts and not be the type that is too concerned with
anything but fixing the city. The devil tells me the city is all screwed up and the books are cooked.
Hearsay, but credible non the less.

So. When you support a candidate this election, make certain you understand the mess that will be handed down.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2009, 02:07:18 pm »

If you liked LaFortune, vote Bartlett.  Tongue

shadows
City Father

« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2009, 04:04:12 pm »

CF quoted;
(4) I can't really comment on the constitution as a religion,
since it fails the definition in every way.
===============================================================

Would the words such as “Thou shall”
Or ‘Thou shall not” in preempting the commandments, the constitution, or the city charter be any more that a religion relative to what is being reported each day?  Is the morality of the species to be considered a figment of the society’s imagination?  Is the words of one of the worlds great teachers, that she is trying to pass on, offensive when it is used as a promise to point out the inequities that effect the whole city?  I for one think not.   

FOTD
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2009, 11:04:20 pm »

CF quoted;
(4) I can't really comment on the constitution as a religion,
since it fails the definition in every way.
===============================================================

Would the words such as “Thou shall”
Or ‘Thou shall not” in preempting the commandments, the constitution, or the city charter be any more that a religion relative to what is being reported each day?  Is the morality of the species to be considered a figment of the society’s imagination?  Is the words of one of the worlds great teachers, that she is trying to pass on, offensive when it is used as a promise to point out the inequities that effect the whole city?  I for one think not.   

Go Shadows Go!

rwarn17588
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2009, 11:25:13 pm »

Hearsay, but credible non the less.

Of all the things to describe you, "credible" is not one of them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org