A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:46:58 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it subsidized household appliances now?  (Read 6474 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 01:00:56 pm »

I want Uncle Sam to buy me a toaster.

Can't you still get a free one for opening a checking account somewhere?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
shadows
City Father

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 08:30:55 am »

Can't you still get a free one for opening a checking account somewhere?
I have heard about some banks giving out toasters but like before it was easer to open a bank account than it was to get the money out.  Many banks placed sign on their doors saying they were closed.

If this stimulus payment had existed during the 30’s all appliances would have been free under the government provided jobs.   

All used appliances could be crushed and sold to China to feed their steel mills like Japan did prior to WWll.  But now China has reduced their demand and scrap steel is bringing very little per pound. 

WWll brought us out of the depression but we should not depend on that to end this depression as we are about 29 minutes from launch to the complete destruction of any city in U.S. 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 08:34:57 am by shadows » Logged

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 08:35:10 am »

I don't "have" to have a new dish washer... But if I was given a $100 credit for replacing my 16 year old dishwasher I would jump all over it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 11:44:39 am »

I don't "have" to have a new dish washer... But if I was given a $100 credit for replacing my 16 year old dishwasher I would jump all over it.
The only 16 year old anything that I can think of that would wash dishes is a son or daughter threatened with loss of something.  I don't think you are allowed to trade kids in like that.  Grin

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org