A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:37:15 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's Martinson's Deal?  (Read 10777 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 05:22:40 pm »

Michael, I appreciate Councilor Martinson's analytical and independent-thinking approach.  One thing I want to know is why he thinks Public Works deserves a free pass and barely a cursory glance after the Martinez scandal.  A lot more people than me claim there's been a pattern of corruption and cronyism toward contractors and vendors at PW for years and years.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Limabean
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 07:54:59 pm »

Sorry so late to reply but I do think it matters who a candidate hires to run their campaign.

If a candidate hires a political hack like Burdge, knowing full well that Burge's reputation is he runs a dirty campaign, then I am a little suspect as to the candidate's intentions of running on merit or mud-slinging.

I think Martinson is an intelligent guy but I think hiring Burdge is an act of desperation. Same with Gomez.
MichaelBates
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 10:49:14 pm »

Jim Burdge has been Martinson's campaign manager since his first race in 2005. The same is true of Gomez, who had Burdge as a manager in his 2004 race against Tom Baker and again in 2008.  They might be blameworthy for keeping him, but it's not fair or accurate to claim that they are only now hiring him.

And for those who may have forgotten, Jim Burdge was consultant on Karen Keith's county commission campaign last year.

I'm not a Jim Burdge fan, to say the least, but there aren't that many people out there who manage campaigns, particularly low-budget city campaigns. I was very nearly a Burdge client when I first ran in 1998. I was advised to contact him about voter lists, but I decided I couldn't afford to spend the $1,500 he wanted to charge. (As it turned out, I think I raised and spent $1,700 on the entire campaign. I finished second in the primary to Anna Falling.) As a novice candidate, I wasn't aware of Burdge's reputation, which at any rate didn't yet include the nasty 2005 recall campaign.

Conan, if it's true that Martinson thinks PW should get a free pass, I'm disappointed.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 11:01:15 pm by MichaelBates » Logged
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 01:07:54 pm »

Chris Trail stays on the ballot:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090721_11_0_Republ850335

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2009, 01:13:43 pm »

Go Chris!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2009, 01:21:18 pm »

I am glad there will be a race in my district, even as a democrat if I don't get to vote.

It will be interesting.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2009, 01:34:46 pm »

I've heard they are digging up every piece of dirt they can find on Chris...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2009, 02:31:32 pm »

I've heard they are digging up every piece of dirt they can find on Chris...

Well, Duh.  Dirty Burdge.

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2009, 02:38:24 pm »

That didn't take long - from today's Tulsa World.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090721_11_A5_IkesCh442214&archive=yes
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2009, 02:58:14 pm »

Chris is a nice guy, but I've got to say the information just released in the Tulsa World reads like the resume of an Obama administration job candidate.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2009, 08:30:49 pm »

Sounds like he has had some crappy business partners. I can imagine that.

Although I did interpret the question "have you ever been arrested" to mean a police officer putting handcuffs on and taking you to the station and writing you up. (I truthfully answered no, FYI)

The records don't sound great but since th records only give half the story, I'm not swayed too much.

I'm impressed at the amount of digging done into a newcomer so early in the race.
Limabean
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2009, 04:04:14 pm »

Burdge, Martinson and Gomez should be careful. Turnabout is fair play and I think there are alot more players on the other team........
MichaelBates
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2009, 09:11:41 am »

So what's Limabean's deal?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org