A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 07:27:10 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tom Adelson Announcement  (Read 16576 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« on: June 28, 2009, 10:36:07 pm »

Tom Adelson will be making an announcement at Braden Park in White City at 8am Weds, July 1.

This is very good news.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 06:28:02 am »

I am impressed that a republican (Conan) likes a democrat (Adelson). I like Tom Adelson as well. He has been very effective as a state senator and is well liked by both sides of the aisle.

The 2004 race between him and Dewey Bartlett for the open seat was very close (less than 1,000 votes). It will be interesting to see the two of them in a city-wide contest.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 06:30:52 am »

I am impressed that a republican (Conan) likes a democrat (Adelson). I like Tom Adelson as well. He has been very effective as a state senator and is well liked by both sides of the aisle.

The 2004 race between him and Dewey Bartlett for the open seat was very close (less than 1,000 votes). It will be interesting to see the two of them in a city-wide contest.

I always got the impression that Conan was more of a Libertarian who had right leaning tendencies, but probably did what I did.  Registered Republican (me Democrat) so he could vote in the primaries.  Oklahoma needs to open the primaries, but I'm guessing that will never happen.  At least anytime soon.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
brianh
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 07:17:33 am »

I dunno, this guy has a bad track record for me. While in state senate he did nothing to abolish the ABLE Commission and its laws.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 07:23:18 am »

I always got the impression that Conan was more of a Libertarian who had right leaning tendencies, but probably did what I did.  Registered Republican (me Democrat) so he could vote in the primaries.  Oklahoma needs to open the primaries, but I'm guessing that will never happen.  At least anytime soon.

You actually believed that old meme I keep putting out there?   Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 08:29:28 am »

You actually believed that old meme I keep putting out there?   Wink

Just like that old meme that while I'm a social liberal, I'm a fiscal conservative, who is more like a libertarian but just doesn't subscribe to the 'flat tax' theory?

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
FOTD
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 09:09:43 am »

What a waist of good talent. Dewey will kill him....

Should have run for Sully's seat.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 09:16:00 am »

Dewey's got to get past Christiansen first.  Dewey has to also get past the stigma of old political blue blood.  Everyone still remembers Bill LessFortunate.  If Tom doesn't win this race, there's a whole year to prep for the '10 mid-term elections, don't fret.

Adelson will likely have Mayor Taylor's endorsement and many of her backers will jump on board, that's a good list of financial and social support.  She would have won another term pretty easily.  I don't believe her endorsement would be a stigma, her naysayers are a minority.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 09:41:45 am »

I emailed Adelson about his vote to exempt DHS from the Open Records Act, and asked if he would favor restoring the act to it's intended form, and never got a response.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
FOTD
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 09:48:13 am »

Dewey's got to get past Christiansen first.  Dewey has to also get past the stigma of old political blue blood.  Everyone still remembers Bill LessFortunate.  If Tom doesn't win this race, there's a whole year to prep for the '10 mid-term elections, don't fret.

Adelson will likely have Mayor Taylor's endorsement and many of her backers will jump on board, that's a good list of financial and social support.  She would have won another term pretty easily.  I don't believe her endorsement would be a stigma, her naysayers are a minority.

If you liked Mayor savage, you'll love TA....it's all the same crew.

PASS!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 10:03:30 am »

If you liked Mayor savage, you'll love TA....it's all the same crew.

PASS!

In your opinion, what was so bad about the Savage administration?

FOTD
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 10:10:27 am »

Great Planes? Arrogance beyond the pale?

Basically, all these oligarchs will continue to allow the Chamber and the Public Werks Dept. to drag our sity down....

Safe to say you are supporting Tom, Conan?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 10:13:25 am by FOTD » Logged
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 10:29:17 am »

Dewey's got to get past Christiansen first. 

That is going to be an interesting race. I can't think of a single example where a south Tulsan was Mayor and every time a councilor has run, they have lost. But Christiansen has lots of connections through his aviation business. Other prominent political pilots (unnamed by me) can get money and votes in this town. Christiansen also voted against most of the other republicans on the recent budget was won him adoration from the fire and police unions. I expect him to get both endorsements.

Christiansen has, unfortunately for him, been recorded on many topics over the past few years. Think of all those newspaper quotes and videos from council meetings. Even if you were the most cautious councilor ever, a competitor campaign consultant can cut and splice it to make it look like you support kicking puppies.

I think this could be a race for the ages. Both candidates have it all and both want to win. This could be as exciting (and as expensive) as McCorkell v. Taylor was for the democrats three years ago.

Power is nothing till you use it.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 11:27:49 am »

Christiansen has, unfortunately for him, been recorded on many topics over the past few years. Think of all those newspaper quotes and videos from council meetings. Even if you were the most cautious councilor ever, a competitor campaign consultant can cut and splice it to make it look like you support kicking puppies.

He has also fiercely supported his louder constituents (not a bad thing) which has put him in a position of being staunchly against some high profile projects without offering viable alternate sollutions.
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 11:37:03 am »

Like he did for the State Senate?  Adelson has already shown he can beat Dewey.  It will be an interesting race, and, regardless of who wins the republican primary, it will be a close race.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org