A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:33:02 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barney Frank Files Bill To Decriminalize Pot  (Read 35776 times)
FOTD
« on: June 23, 2009, 07:47:09 am »

Here's to you, William Randolph Hurst!

http://wbztv.com/local/marijuana.federal.penalty.2.1052437.html

Frank has filed a bill that would eliminate federal penalties for personal possession of less than 100 grams of marijuana.

It would also make the penalty for using marijuana in public just $100.

"I think John Stuart Mill had it right in the 1850s," said Congressman Frank, "when he argued that individuals should have the right to do what they want in private, so long as they don't hurt anyone else. It's a matter of personal liberty. Moreover, our courts are already stressed and our prisons are over-crowded. We don't need to spend our scarce resources prosecuting people who are doing no harm to others."

* kittydope.gif (99.23 KB - downloaded 768 times.)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 09:44:25 am »

This will please the 420 crowd.  Now it will be perfectly legal for them to sit around, smoke dope, eat pork rinds and twinkies, and suckle off the government teat without worrying about losing their benefits.

Good going Barney!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 09:53:09 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CT6HIDPbPc[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
PepePeru
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 10:18:47 am »

Ten other states have also reduced penalties for possession of small amounts of marijuana – in some cases they are a civil fine. These states include California, Colorado, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, and Oregon.

Oklahoma....making Mississippi look progressive since 2002.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 10:31:03 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CT6HIDPbPc[/youtube]

You angry white homophobe.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
PepePeru
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 10:38:17 am »

I just want to know where I can get one of those kittens...
FOTD
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 10:58:35 am »

I just want to know where I can get one of those kittens...

Looks like Conan thinks you gotta be a suckler to get a little kitty....

Interesting responses. It does not mean you indulge just because you support civil liberties and you make a statement against big tobacco, big pharma, and the prison over lords. Could it be that hemp production would help the small family farmers (or what's left of them?)?

* 628413.jpg (14.99 KB - downloaded 709 times.)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 11:00:44 am by FOTD » Logged
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 11:09:29 am »

This will please the 420 crowd.  Now it will be perfectly legal for them to sit around, smoke dope, eat pork rinds and twinkies, and suckle off the government teat without worrying about losing their benefits.

I have more "conservative" friends who smoke pot than "liberal" friends, so I'm not quite sure where you are going with that...

---Robert
FOTD
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 11:38:47 am »

I have more "conservative" friends who smoke pot than "liberal" friends, so I'm not quite sure where you are going with that...

Point made. Thanks...the libs want decrim for philosophical reasons. The cons want pot to forget what they've done to ruin our cuntry during the last 40 years.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 11:44:33 am »

Point made. Thanks...the libs want decrim for philosophical reasons. The cons want pot to forget what they've done to ruin our cuntry during the last 40 years.

WTH is with you and the spelling of "country"? Are trying to be cute or just be a d!ck.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 11:45:21 am »

You angry white homophobe.

Hey, who said I was white?  Wink

FOTD
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 11:47:40 am »

The devil loves going full retard and yanking your chains!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 12:02:14 pm »

I do as well, they just don't admit to it readily.  Wink

Simply decriminalizing smaller amounts on the federal level really doesn't do a whole lot if you get some uptight state's AG's who claim state's rights on this issue.  And if the supply chain is not legalized, it doesn't recognize the real problems of pot production and the people who are hurt as a result of that.  I totally agree that most pot smokers are mellow and stay home when they smoke it.  I don't buy the argument though that it's not addictive.  I've most certainly known heads who were incapable of holding down a job because they were psychologically-dependent on weed.  They wind up bumming off everyone they know or wind up on the government dole.

FOTD
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 12:10:56 pm »

I do as well, they just don't admit to it readily.  Wink

Simply decriminalizing smaller amounts on the federal level really doesn't do a whole lot if you get some uptight state's AG's who claim state's rights on this issue.  And if the supply chain is not legalized, it doesn't recognize the real problems of pot production and the people who are hurt as a result of that.  I totally agree that most pot smokers are mellow and stay home when they smoke it.  I don't buy the argument though that it's not addictive.  I've most certainly known heads who were incapable of holding down a job because they were psychologically-dependent on weed.  They wind up bumming off everyone they know or wind up on the government dole.

BUNK....the underlying problem for those lackies ain't smoking pot. And let's not pay any mind to addiction facts, Conan. Go sip the drip you like so much, but you need to quit being prejudice against civil libertarians.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 12:15:36 pm »

I have no problem at all with civil libertarians, and really don't have an issue with pot being legalized.  There's certainly plenty of people mentally and physically disabled due to alcohol and I'd never deny that.  However, your constant assertions that people can't get addicted to pot is a total denial of reality. 

It's like anything else, if you manage it in moderation, no problem.  If you make a habit of doing it daily it becomes a problem.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org