A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:28:32 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Anniversary to the Swimmer!!!  (Read 2932 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: July 18, 2009, 04:53:57 pm »

Forty years ago today, Ted Kennedy drove off the bridge at Chappaquiddick and left Mary Jo Kopechne to drown.

http://www.examiner.com/x-5919-Norfolk-Crime-Examiner~y2009m7d17-40th-anniversary-of-Mary-Jo-Kopechnes-drowning-at-ChappaquiddickKennedys-story-still-doubtful

We must drum out the toe tappers and cheaters and impeach perjurers, but Teddy, he gets to keep his job.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 06:53:35 pm »

And don't you bet there was a hefty payoff to Miss Kopechne's family, and plenty of other payoffs from the Kennedy's for countless other affairs and assorted sexual indiscretions?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 11:15:23 am »

Like I always said...I would rather hunt with Dick Cheney than ride in a car with Ted Kennedy.....

FOTD
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 12:40:23 pm »

Never realized this occurred when we landed on the moon...

Boys, Mary Jo was just as much at fault for her decision making as Ted Kennedy.

But you being a die hard finger pointer ignore personal choice consequences.

If this were today and it involved a republican lawmaker, none of you would be calling for removal or resignation.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 01:14:00 pm »

I think it's pretty interesting that Ted Kennedy has three Portuguese water dogs - one named "Splash".
USRufnex
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 01:21:53 pm »

Cowards All Around

The media should take a step back and remind us what Bush and Cheney were up to in 1969.

http://www.prospect.org/cs/articles?articleId=8388

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 01:37:30 pm »

Cowards All Around

The media should take a step back and remind us what Bush and Cheney were up to in 1969.

http://www.prospect.org/cs/articles?articleId=8388

Curious that you left out draft dodger Joe Biden. Accusing someone of being a coward because of draft dodging, when you yourself are the exact same, is just more RUF hypocrisy.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 01:41:27 pm by guido911 » Logged

FOTD
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 01:45:02 pm »

Curious that you left off draft dodger Joe Biden.

Joe Biden never took us into war on false pretense.

"Those who start wars, never fight them"
M. Franti (Cains 7/31)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 02:28:35 pm »

Joe Biden never took us into war on false pretense.

"Those who start wars, never fight them"
M. Franti (Cains 7/31)

He voted in favor of the Iraq war. And by the way, Mary Jo is still dead.

FOTD
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 03:43:40 pm »

He voted in favor of the Iraq war. And by the way, Mary Jo is still dead.

Would not expect you to understand individual choice.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2009, 05:13:18 pm »

Ahh, but FOTD could care less about Cindy Hampton's own freewill or individual choice.  Miss Kopechne probably should not have been riding in a car with a married U.S. Senator, but his own judgement to not even try to save her and to report the accident to no one until he was sober so he could avoid as much legal consequence as possible is disgusting.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
FOTD
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 09:05:19 pm »

Ahh, but FOTD could care less about Cindy Hampton's own freewill or individual choice.  Miss Kopechne probably should not have been riding in a car with a married U.S. Senator, but his own judgement to not even try to save her and to report the accident to no one until he was sober so he could avoid as much legal consequence as possible is disgusting.

FOTD cares deeply about Hampton's free will. She too made choices and must face up to the consequences of her decisions.

You got very little time left to beat the Chapiquiddick horse before it's dead and over.

BTW, you don't know that he did not try to save Mary Jo. She was in the soggy bottom where her choice ended up in death.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 07:36:12 am »

FOTD cares deeply about Hampton's free will. She too made choices and must face up to the consequences of her decisions.

You got very little time left to beat the Chapiquiddick horse before it's dead and over.

BTW, you don't know that he did not try to save Mary Jo. She was in the soggy bottom where her choice ended up in death.

No more than you know he DID try to save her.  You are Sofa King Whack.  Blame it on the victim, all her fault she drowned.  Should have had a better swim teacher, I guess.

FOTD
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 11:27:10 am »

No more than you know he DID try to save her.  You are Sofa King Whack.  Blame it on the victim, all her fault she drowned.  Should have had a better swim teacher, I guess.

She should have chosen not to drink.

A victim in many ways.

Sofa king my a s s.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 12:44:11 pm »

And it was also Mary Jo's fault that Kennedy waited until the morning to call the police.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org