A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:50:58 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We Won One Yesterday!  (Read 6303 times)
LisaPeace
« on: January 14, 2005, 06:38:18 am »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/TWPDFs/2005/Final/A_17_1_14_2005.PDF

The Yorktown neighbors went to the Preservation Commission Meeting, made our case heard, and we won!  Now, I know that eventually, this will probably be overruled by someone somewhere...as we don't have the kind of money the developer does to litigate forever...but it felt GOOD!

P.S.  I stood up at the meeting and told Mr. Norman that if his developer really cared about our neighborhood and the historic significance of these homes, that he would give that house for FREE to anyone who will move it and preserve it.  So, if any of you want a free 1921 craftsman bungalow with a second story addition...all original windows, new storms, looks to be in excellent shape, drive over to 1518 S. Victor and take a look.  Otherwise, sixty days from yesterday, it's flattened. (can't pave it though [Cheesy]  )

It would make me very happy to know someone took that house.  I'd do it in a heartbeat if I had the cash.

Next stop, the planning commission.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org