A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:12:55 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse Tulsa!  (Read 53214 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2018, 09:49:47 am »

Apparently you can't see linked images from Google Photos unless you are on a desktop  Huh

I'm on a desktop using the latest Google Chrome.  Still no images.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2018, 09:52:29 am »

Google apparently doesn't like the way you link.

from 2009

The best answer I can supply is maybe never, and on the corner of 12th and Never.
The question? When is the Alamo Drafthouse, a beer-and-grub moviehouse operation out of Texas, coming to Tulsa, and where is it going to be located?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/archives/remember-the-alamo-forget-about-it/article_66a50c84-170c-5e1e-b050-480c36f07208.html

The article mentioned they are franchising the concept, which is what the one in OKC will be (and all other new locations outside Texas).  I know Blake Ewing had mentioned wanting to bring this concept downtown.  If not Blake then it seems like something the McNellies Group would potentially get behind especially along 1st St where they already have the original McNellies, El Guapo and eventually Santa Fe Square across the street.  1st & Detroit could work too.

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2018, 02:08:35 pm »

In Tulsa I bet it would be South Tulsa.  The OKC location is the South Tulsa equivalent.  Would be a big missed opportunity.  I even think it would be a good fit in the Pearl District.  They built a location in the Cedars neighborhood in Dallas just outside downtown.  It's sort of a Pearl District equivalent for Dallas.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2018, 02:56:00 pm »

In Tulsa I bet it would be South Tulsa.  The OKC location is the South Tulsa equivalent.  Would be a big missed opportunity.  I even think it would be a good fit in the Pearl District.  They built a location in the Cedars neighborhood in Dallas just outside downtown.  It's sort of a Pearl District equivalent for Dallas.

It would be another entertainment option downtown, one that currently is a pretty big void.  Outside of Circle Cinema (which is awesome) the only other movie theater option in midtown is the AMC.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2018, 03:10:34 pm »

It would be another entertainment option downtown, one that currently is a pretty big void.  Outside of Circle Cinema (which is awesome) the only other movie theater option in midtown is the AMC.

You forgot about the "midtown theater" @ 3rd & Elgin
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2018, 03:11:23 pm »

It would be another entertainment option downtown, one that currently is a pretty big void.  Outside of Circle Cinema (which is awesome) the only other movie theater option in midtown is the AMC.

I wholeheartedly agree.  If it were the original Texas group, I bet they would lean towards a hipper location like downtown or close to downtown.  But the franchisor groups appear to be preferring sprawling areas.  Even the franchisors in Texas are starting to build more in sprawling areas.  Let's be honest, even in South Tulsa, an Alamo Drafthouse would compete favorably against AMCs.  People from midtown would go to it (I admit, I would).  The reverse may be a little less true.  Never forget the South Tulsa mantra:  "There's no parking downtown!!!!"
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 03:12:59 pm by DowntownDan » Logged
TeeDub
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2018, 03:15:44 pm »

And the Regal across the street.   And the Admiral Twin.    And the cheap one on 31st.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2018, 03:42:22 pm »

And the Regal across the street.   And the Admiral Twin.    And the cheap one on 31st.

I don't know that I would call 31st and Sheridan "midtown", and I read that place closed last week. It was pretty disgusting 20 years ago, I can't imagine what it was like when it closed.

Promenade Regal was also a bit shabby when I went there recently. And empty. They never even bothered to change the signage from Hollywood Theaters and Regal bought them out years ago.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2018, 06:38:34 am »

I still haven't been to the Warren. There is a limit to how far South I'll go to see a movie.

Sadly, the AMC at 41st has been looking pretty shabby lately.  Embarrassed

TeeDub
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2018, 06:46:18 am »

I thought it had the awesome reclining chairs?     (Someone told me that the Cinemark at 169/71st now has chairs that move with the movie....)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBbEaEUqtnY
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2018, 07:25:42 am »

Does AMC Southroads and Regal still play different movies?  They sort-of really combine to form one midtown theater because their movies don't overlap.  Unless that's changed.
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2018, 08:24:38 am »

Yeah I go to the AMC at 41st all the time.  I don't think it's shabby at all.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2018, 08:31:42 am »

Yeah I go to the AMC at 41st all the time.  I don't think it's shabby at all.

Same.  Don't go there all the time, but was there not long ago and it looked fine to me.

hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2018, 09:09:20 am »

Have you been in the theatre when the lights are on? The seats are really run down, and it isn't that clean.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2018, 09:28:14 am »

Have you been in the theatre when the lights are on? The seats are really run down, and it isn't that clean.

Southroads was just updated in 2013 with new recliners and everything. Haven't been in over a year, but the last time I went we chose that theater on purpose because it was nice to go to.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org