A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:45:01 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse Tulsa!  (Read 53223 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2014, 12:50:01 pm »

I thought I read some time ago that a drafthouse type theater was one of Blake Ewings ongoing projects and that the lot at 5th and Elgin was being considered.  Maybe it could franchise Alamo drafthouse but I'd be kind of skeptical that Alamo would want to leave Texas markets.  The concept I think would be great for downtown however it happens and regardless of what it is named.

I think Blake is focusing more on his existing businesses.
http://blakeewing.tumblr.com/post/77928774699/fixing-our-smile-vs-going-away
Somewhat evidenced by him pulling out of Archer Folks Market
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2014, 02:03:39 pm »

I thought I read some time ago that a drafthouse type theater was one of Blake Ewings ongoing projects and that the lot at 5th and Elgin was being considered.  Maybe it could franchise Alamo drafthouse but I'd be kind of skeptical that Alamo would want to leave Texas markets.  The concept I think would be great for downtown however it happens and regardless of what it is named.

They have already expanded outside of Texas.  They have at least one in Virginia, and one in Littleton, CO.  Another is planned for Denver in a mixed use redevelopment of an old hospital near downtown.  Oklahoma seems like a natural for then since many here are already familiar with the concept.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2014, 02:42:53 pm »

They have already expanded outside of Texas.  They have at least one in Virginia, and one in Littleton, CO.  Another is planned for Denver in a mixed use redevelopment of an old hospital near downtown.  Oklahoma seems like a natural for then since many here are already familiar with the concept.

Was there a way around the whole "no booze served in a movie theater" law we have in Oklahoma?
TeeDub
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2014, 03:44:02 pm »

Was there a way around the whole "no booze served in a movie theater" law we have in Oklahoma?

They only allow people 21 and up in the balcony area where they serve the booze.
(In Moore, OK)

http://www.warrentheatres.com/oscars.asp
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2014, 08:28:06 pm »

They only allow people 21 and up in the balcony area where they serve the booze.
(In Moore, OK)

http://www.warrentheatres.com/oscars.asp

As long as the area is separate, which it is at the Drafthouse and Warren, then it's legal.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2018, 09:06:40 pm »

North OKC location announced http://www.okctalk.com/content.php?r=478-Alamo-Drafthouse-planning-OKC-location

Tulsa can't be far behind, right?  I still think downtown would be a perfect spot for one, specifically 1st & Frankfort.  Build it on the parking lot east of McNellies with the main entrance fronting 1st Street and parking in a (finally) paved lot behind

Alamo Drafthouse Sloan's Lake (Denver) - completed in 2016 and roughly the same size as the site above
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:11:01 pm by SXSW » Logged

Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2018, 10:09:33 pm »

Are SXSW's images missing for anyone else?
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2018, 10:53:16 pm »

I can see them
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2018, 06:29:49 am »

I can't see them. In the past week or two I've seen a lot of "missing" images, not sure if just one or other users (desktop viewer, here)
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2018, 07:48:53 am »

Yup
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2018, 07:53:33 am »

Yes

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2018, 08:53:08 am »

Apparently you can't see linked images from Google Photos unless you are on a desktop  Huh

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2018, 08:54:16 am »

Apparently you can't see linked images from Google Photos unless you are on a desktop  Huh

?
I'm using Chrome on a laptop -> no images
TeeDub
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2018, 09:04:47 am »

Google apparently doesn't like the way you link.

from 2009

The best answer I can supply is maybe never, and on the corner of 12th and Never.
The question? When is the Alamo Drafthouse, a beer-and-grub moviehouse operation out of Texas, coming to Tulsa, and where is it going to be located?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/archives/remember-the-alamo-forget-about-it/article_66a50c84-170c-5e1e-b050-480c36f07208.html
rebound
City Father

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2018, 09:42:57 am »

?
I'm using Chrome on a laptop -> no images

Same.  I can't see them either.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org