A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:27:32 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Mayor's political influence  (Read 3725 times)
Limabean
« on: April 27, 2009, 02:07:41 pm »

Does any one want to venture a guess as to how much or how wide-spread the Mayor's political influence is in local politics?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 02:11:51 pm »

About the same as other Mayors in Tulsa have had.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hometown
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 11:54:15 am »

My mole in city government tells me that Taylor has replaced many long-time civil servants with her own "yes men" in key positions throughout city government.  This tells me that Taylor is planning on expanding and maintaining her influence in Tulsa.

Have you noticed a pattern with Taylor that she promises more than she can deliver (we had several entities very interested in purchasing old city hall and several new renters lined up for the new city hall) and that she arranges votes so that there is not adequate time for discussing detail?

I was dumbfounded when she single-handedly threw away decades of public investment in Civic Center.

She is also quick to hold out the prospect of legal action.  She reminds me of a little woman walking a big dog.

I may vote for Taylor like I did before because she is a Democrat but truthfully she is too much CEO and not enough mayor.  Instead of opening Tulsa up she seems to be remaking herself as the ring leader of the good old boys.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 11:58:54 am by Hometown » Logged
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 12:00:57 pm »

My mole in city government tells me that Taylor has replaced many long-time civil servants with her own "yes men" in key positions throughout city government.  This tells me that Taylor is planning on expanding and maintaining her influence in Tulsa.

Have you noticed a pattern with Taylor that she promises more than she can deliver (we had several entities very interested in purchasing old city hall and several new renters lined up for the new city hall) and that she arranges votes so that there is not adequate time for discussing detail.

Wow, you mean a politician did that?  Jeepers.

I was dumbfounded when she single-handedly threw away decades of public investment in Civic Center.

Decades of crap investment.  Have you walked around there?  It hasn't been cared for in years.  Way before she took office.

She is also quick to hold out the prospect of legal action.

Of course she is, she can't just punch someone in the face.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 12:08:27 pm »

Ummm, we have this thingy called a "City Council" that voted along with her to shed ourselves of that dump.  Hardly single-handedly.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 01:05:47 pm »

Ummm, we have this thingy called a "City Council" that voted along with her to shed ourselves of that dump.  Hardly single-handedly.

That's being insulting to dumps, there are a lot of dumps that are a lot nicer than the old civic center
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 01:28:38 pm »

That's being insulting to dumps, there are a lot of dumps that are a lot nicer than the old civic center

Yeah, you're right.  Slap me Swake.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 06:49:11 pm »

Since you seem to dislike her so much, I would think you owe it to yourself to see who runs against her before you

vote for Taylor like I did before because she is a Democrat

Find out who is running.  Then be a yellow dog Democrat.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org