A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:47:46 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The rise and fall of empires  (Read 11360 times)
shadows
City Father

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 04:28:17 pm »

One seems to forget so easily what is recorded in the archives when it becomes most convenient to them to forget.  In the past when all the raises were given out RM reminded the SS recipients, including myself, that a SS raise was to be included in the January checks.  I did not single out any one of the elite only I used it as reminder..  Please forgive if you feel offended.

It was my intent to show the relationship between inflation and pregnancy among the teens,   Both occur in a fit of passion and greed.  No one seems to realize how fast it can  happen. It is increasing every day.

It was very easy for our tank to pull down the statue in Iraq but it it has taken years, lives and billion of dollars to try to assemble the government again.

I do not have animosity toward any person but seek only to point out our flaws.  Remember Castro and his brother was the total army to over thrower our hand picked government in Cuba.   

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 04:52:03 pm »

It was my intent to show the relationship between inflation and pregnancy among the teens,   Both occur in a fit of passion and greed.  No one seems to realize how fast it can  happen. It is increasing every day.

Actually, this is the first time you have mentioned pregnancy, teens, or inflation in this post. If the intent of this post was to say something about teen pregnancy and inflation but didn't even mention it until page two,  you failed.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 05:35:42 pm »

One seems to forget so easily what is recorded in the archives when it becomes most convenient to them to forget. 

So it's easy to forget the past when you want to do so?

I think you have just revolutionized psychotherapy, alert Tom Cruise, stat!

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 05:43:23 pm »

According to this report...http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/tgr/05/1/gr050107.html

The rate of teen childbearing in the United States has fallen steeply since the late 1950s, from an all time high of 96 births per 1,000 women aged 15-19 in 1957 to an all time low of 49 in 2000. Birthrates fell steadily throughout the 1960s and 1970s; they were fairly steady in the early 1980s and then rose sharply between 1988 and 1991 before declining throughout the 1990s. In recent years, this downward trend has occurred among teens of all ages and races.

This article says that the inflation rate is at a 50 year low... http://www.rte.ie/business/2009/0116/usa.html

Shadows...do you just make up stupid comments or is this some mis-information strategy?

Power is nothing till you use it.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 07:01:42 pm »

Could you phrase this in the form of a haiku?
Thanks in advance.

Best shot

King David's muskrat:
Toilet pond with city view?
Future bitter fate!
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 07:13:17 pm »

This line in itself has a level of eloquent genious: I do not have animosity toward any person but seek only to point out our flaws.  Remember Castro and his brother was the total army to over thrower our hand picked government in Cuba.

Have I a knew guru which in the shadows lurks? The Artist was do well to make rememberance of these soliloquies for addition to said monuments. (think I'm getting the hang of shadow prose).
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2009, 07:57:06 pm »

(think I'm getting the hang of shadow prose).

I was forced to learn American English in grammar, junior high and high school with two additional classes in college.  I still have a difficult time with shadow prose and many of FOTD's posts.  (And a few others too.) Maybe I qualify for free remedial training under some government program.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009, 09:20:15 pm »

The Karma gods are smiling on Carlton Place.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 09:09:31 pm »

I am aware of my usage of prose, that I believe after completing the great pyramids of which the prose were written in pictures, some 1400 years later Moses came along so I helped him write his six books of the Bible. Course every since through history some one or group has rewritten it. It seems to be a throwback of which I try to use the shortest wording possible without using space to institute a single point.

RM: You seem to be reading some of those recycled books.  I worked as a welder for Tulsa Boiler, now Flint Steel, for the grand sum of $17.00 a week, fabricating the Bomber Plant.  That was 20 cents above the minimum wage.  I later went to the erection for $1.37 per hour after the Bacon Davis Act went in effect.  3 pound box of cheese cost 17 cents that cost $4.00 now.. Lets get current with your fancies for heaven sake.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2009, 04:31:34 am »

You boiled steel and got an erection for a bacon cheese sandwich?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2009, 06:58:18 am »

You boiled steel and got an erection for a bacon cheese sandwich?
And for only $1.37/hr?

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2009, 08:31:37 am »

It seems to be a throwback of which I try to use the shortest wording possible without using space to institute a single point.

I agree.  You seldom use the space to institute a single point.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2009, 08:51:29 am »

I knew there was something I liked about Shadows, he's an old boilermaker.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
shadows
City Father

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2009, 03:20:10 pm »

The budget process is one of the largest farces that is forced on the taxpayers.  In one meeting a question was brought up on a million dollars that was ask by one department.  The council agreed to leave it where it was budgeted with “if that department don’t need it we can transfer that million dollars into another account after we pass the budget.”

Liken to the present budget with the increase in utilities of $29.64 yearly attached with that cute little word “AVERAGE”.  This allows no cap as to the cost.  Why wasn’t it presented as only 8 cents a day.  The budget is for 365 days and should be presented as such showing the total cost per day.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org