A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:42:41 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Rotting Racist Underbelly of the Tea Party Protests 4/15  (Read 42966 times)
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2010, 05:39:13 pm »

More proof of the stupid virus http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=15362.0  running rampant. Guido, the virus is not limited to ethnicity, race, or religion.

Besides, after the O'Keefe stunt, what makes that sh!t credible?

Martin Lawrence has you pegged right around 3:20.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhzLsioDatM&feature=player_embedded#[/youtube]

« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 06:38:43 pm by fotd » Logged
Jammie
Civic Leader

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2010, 07:57:55 pm »

Have you ever wondered how a majority of unemployed people have the money to tour the country, stay in motels, etc? Dang, unemployment checks must be good. It made me curious enough to do a search to see who is funding all of this. Half of these people probably have no idea what they are protesting, but the pay looks like it might be pretty good.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Tea_Party_movement_funding

Adopt an older pet. Help them remember what it feels like to be loved.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2010, 07:59:47 am »

So, the major liberal activist groups aren't funded by wealthy liberals?

Soros anyone?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Jammie
Civic Leader

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2010, 12:08:05 pm »

Oh, of course they are. My point is that the teabaggers are touted as being upset Americans who are "in the know" and are looking for change.  This weekend they were being interviewed and it was quite amusing.  One of the questions was if Pres. Obama is an American-born citizen and the majority of them answered, "No." They really have no idea what in the world they're protesting.

Just from listening to their responses, it was obvious they are nothing more then people who are being paid to travel the country and hold up signs and yell. Guess it gives Fox news something to talk about.

Adopt an older pet. Help them remember what it feels like to be loved.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2010, 01:17:11 pm »

Oh, of course they are. My point is that the teabaggers are touted as being upset Americans who are "in the know" and are looking for change.  This weekend they were being interviewed and it was quite amusing.  One of the questions was if Pres. Obama is an American-born citizen and the majority of them answered, "No." They really have no idea what in the world they're protesting.

Just from listening to their responses, it was obvious they are nothing more then people who are being paid to travel the country and hold up signs and yell. Guess it gives Fox news something to talk about.

Can you please refrain from using the term "teab*****"?  Nasty.

At any rate, many people jump into protests not fully understanding what they are protesting.  Think of how many people supported health care reform who had no real knowledge of what they were asking for nor the consequences.

Think about how many protested against HC reform making blind assumptions it was raw communism.

There are many voters who are now disappointed they voted for President Obama, not fully thinking through his economic and social policies simply because they wanted to be a part of history or because it was a vote against McCain whom some thought would equate to a third term of President Bush.

Mindless protesting is nothing new in this country.

Now where you get the idea these are paid shills is beyond me, but if you insist...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2010, 01:26:39 pm »

..snip

There are many voters who are now disappointed they voted for President Obama, not fully thinking through his economic and social policies simply because they wanted to be a part of history or because it was a vote against McCain whom some thought would equate to a third term of President Bush...snip

Most of us voted against him because of the prospect of a half-wit (here come the adhoms) one heartbeat away from the Presidency.  If he had chosen Pawlenty or Lieberman (even though I knew his handlers wouldn't let him) or if he hadn't been in his 70s, I might have been more apt to listen.  After hearing some of Gov Palin's comments after she was announced though, I knew I wouldn't have voted for him even if a gun was put to my head to force me to.

That woman is plain scary.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2010, 01:28:35 pm »

Most of us voted against him because of the prospect of a half-wit (here come the adhoms) one heartbeat away from the Presidency.  If he had chosen Pawlenty or Lieberman (even though I knew his handlers wouldn't let him) or if he hadn't been in his 70s, I might have been more apt to listen.  After hearing some of Gov Palin's comments after she was announced though, I knew I wouldn't have voted for him even if a gun was put to my head to force me to.

That woman is palin scary.

Word jumble...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2010, 01:33:42 pm »

Most of us voted against him because of the prospect of a half-wit (here come the adhoms) one heartbeat away from the Presidency.  

That woman is plain scary.

On the first count: Joe Biden...ahem.

On the second count: agreed

Scary like this former candidate for public office (the candidate who thought heterosexual marriage was a hot button in a county commission election):

* 20090714_fallingmayor715_package.jpg (16.01 KB - downloaded 301 times.)

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2010, 01:42:20 pm »

I think that the majority of Americans protest with their votes. 

It's hard to view the Tea Party movement in the same category as liberal protest movements. 

Tea partiers tend to be civil and practice a significant degree of restraint.  Sure there are a few shouters, but when compared with people who camp naked in trees, burn flags, throw blood and paint, praise the death of soldiers, scream profanity, or chain themselves to buildings, they seem more like a tour group with fanny-packs.

I'm not sure what marginalization attempts will be more successful against them.  It is interesting to watch them absorb blows from all angles and continue to grow.  As with most protest groups, the more outlandish the attacks the more it fuels the movement.  Should be interesting to watch as election time nears.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2010, 01:43:01 pm »

On the first count: Joe Biden...ahem.

On the second count: agreed

Scary like this former candidate for public office (the candidate who thought heterosexual marriage was a hot button in a county commission election):

While Biden has a knack for talking a little (haha) too much, at least he has experience on the national and international stage.  And 30 years in the US Senate.  I think that trumps 2 years as a state Governor.

Plus, he doesn't sound like a kook when he talks (just a sailor).

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2010, 01:57:53 pm »

Bidenisms:

"Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S."

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed. He said, "look, here's what happened."'

"Uh, uh, Chuck Graham, state senator, is here. Stand up, Chuck, let ‘em see you. Oh, God love you. What am I talking about." (Chuck Graham is wheel-chair bound, fyi)

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man."

"In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking."

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2010, 02:39:35 pm »

Soros anyone?
Soros? That's the guy whose fortune is about $4 billion smaller than Tea Party backer David Koch's, right?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2010, 02:58:25 pm »

Soros? That's the guy whose fortune is about $4 billion smaller than Tea Party backer David Koch's, right?

What's your point?

Oh yeah, Koch is an evil industrialist/oil patch guy, whose company actually employs 70,000 people and they produce something.  Actually, many somethings.  One of those wealthy people who you and Wevus don't credit with re-investing in the economy.

Soros is just an honest hard-working schmoe who makes money with, wait, money.  He's got real ethics too:

"There is also the moral problem that we have with the way enormously rich people make their money. Other than wealth created by virtue of an invention, such as Edison and electricity, the acquisition of wealth is not a guiltless process, nor certainly is it a profitless and without harm transfer of monies. Notwithstanding Soros' professed interest in helping people via his charities, there is the fact that speculation in foreign currencies a la Soros, can beget economic havoc in countries. In 1992, Soros earned one billion dollars in a one day by betting that the British pound would fall. Although Soros denies it, there are some that accuse him of causing the 1997 Asian economic crisis by his betting against the Thai baht. When these sorts of things occur it ultimately filters down to the humblest of a country's citizens. It is said that when a butterfly flutters its wings on a plain in Africa, it begets a hurricane in Louisiana. Soros is no butterfly!"

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/1203/mason_soros.php3

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2010, 03:06:38 pm »

What's your point?

Oh yeah, Koch is an evil industrialist/oil patch guy, whose company actually employs 70,000 people and they produce something.  Actually, many somethings.  One of those wealthy people who you and Wevus don't credit with re-investing in the economy.
I'm not the one who brought up rich benefactors. You just seemed to be unaware that the Tea Party movement is largely funded by Koch. I don't know where you got the idea that I think that him running a business that employs people is a bad thing.

And seriously, the Jew card?

Gaspar: What on earth makes you think that the Tea Partiers are any more civil than the usual 'liberal' protesters? The several hundred thousand that marched in NYC against the Iraq war during the 2004 RNC convention were by and large civil. Of course, the media hypes the few folks who are idiots. Just like the Tea Partiers, who got tarred with a pretty wide brush when a few of their own decided to spew forth racist and homophobic comments and throw bricks through 'liberal' windows.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2010, 03:11:16 pm »

... whose company actually employs 70,000 people and they produce something. 

Wow! What a novel idea. To actually create something rather than just move money around, everyone taking a cut, would be something special.  I think we did that at one time in the past.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org