A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:59:31 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shocking - The state may not pass funding for Tulsa's Dams  (Read 13123 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 11:58:47 am »

Best I can do on a lunch break lol. Went ahead with the polished bronze flying pig on marble. Spare no expense ya know.  Tongue

That is Awesome, alert Kathy Taylor, we have a design.

Plus Karma for you.
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 12:46:49 pm »

Best I can do on a lunch break lol. Went ahead with the polished bronze flying pig on marble. Spare no expense ya know.  Tongue

WOW!  Put that on a t-shirt and sell it!  Cool
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 01:44:31 pm »

Smithers: Will you be donating that Million to the orphanage now sir?

Burns: I'd still rather not.

/good times.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
okcpulse
Civic Leader

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2009, 07:55:33 pm »

The entire tax structure is messed up in Oklahoma (and everywhere else, but . . .).  Our tag fees go to schools.  Portions of our fuel taxes go to the operating fund.  Then our roads are unfunded and we can't figure it out.

If only there was something or things we could tax that would roughly correlate with road use and could provide funding for roads . . . THINK, THINK.  Well, other than making all roads to Tulsa toll roads I got nothin'.    Making roads to OKC toll roads is NOT an option, maybe tolls on city bridges in Tulsa?

FWIW, I have no particular allegiance to the State of Oklahoma - I enjoy living here and have adopted the State as my home (sports teams and all).  But its not that strong of a tie.

Tulsa would lose affiliation with the University of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, but from a practical standpoint that's about it.  Tulsa has a negative tax relationship with the State of Oklahoma, we fund projects and programs for the rest of the State.  We have 60% of the exports of the State, we send governmental jobs down the turnpike, we control much of the water resources of the state, our tolls fund a large portion of ODOT, we don't share their airport . . .   from a practical standpoint it would actually work.   

I have no zeal for a succession movement, but I wouldn't bother to oppose one either. Maybe talk of the idea will actually get Tulsa a fair shake in the State House. 

Tolls do not provide a single penny for ODOT.  Tolls go to the OTA.  The OTA oversees toll roads, not ODOT.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org